+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
First hand experience: Unless you have $50k / year in cash in your bank, "early" won't be fun and most certainly "suitable" will be a shithole. Grad life in Canada is hell if one does not have that kind of money.
Well…. I guess it comes down to how desperate one is to immigrate.

D

Deleted member 1050918

i never want this 8 months to help me for pr. I already have an noi from oinp.
Ah gotcha; so you're just doing it for you. I respect that mate; that should be one's reason to go back to school, not some stupid PR.

Well…. I guess it comes down to how desperate one is to immigrate.
Yeah might as well contemplate robbing a bank if one is too desperate. I never understood how one can be "desperate" to immigrate; in which case one is called a "refugee", not an immigrant.

Reactions: Psyoptica

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I never understood how one can be "desperate" to immigrate;
It depends on where you're at. If you're coming from a country with an average salary of $3,500 per YEAR, a country where your profession is being paid by roughly 1/10th of what's it's worth, simply because you're not a PR or a citizen of what's considered a "first-world" nation, even though what your doing with your first-nation counterpart is essentially the same. A country which has an extremely low standard of living, difficult to build wealth because your not allowed to invest in foreign companies.

It's like being trapped in the middle-income, rich enough to be exorbitantly taxed, but poor enough that you cannot experience the finer things in life.

This is what I think being a "desperate immigrant" is : you're in a good enough position to not be considered a refugee, but bad enough that you feel like you are one.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
By when? It's hilarious how people think the study route lands them a PR fast. Let me tell you when that then is;

1) You go through the process of applying to schools, then applying to study permit, and you start your program: +1 year from now
2) You study. If you're aiming for CEC then your program is (should be) at least 2 year long: +2 years at least
3) You graduate. Apply for jobs, apply for a PGWP, try to find a job and start working: +6 or +12 months (let's say +0.5 years)
4) You work for 1 year and become eligible for CEC. You get your ITA IF your CRS is enough: +1 year

Sum it all up: 4.5 years from now. Do you think you'd get an FSW ITA in 4.5 years?
Can’t the spouse gain the 1 year experience while the other studies and apply early?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Can’t the spouse gain the 1 year experience while the other studies and apply early?
If the spouse is able to find an NOC 0, A, or B job, yeah. While I'm not even sure if that permit even allows the spouse to accept such jobs, in my experience, people's partners couldn't even find an NOC B job and all they found was service jobs which don't qualify one for CEC. But let's ignore that and assume the spouse has good chances of finding an NOC 0, A, or B job. Then;

1) You go through the process of applying to schools, then applying to study permit, and you start your program: +1 year from now
2) You study. If you're aiming for CEC then your program is (should be) at least 2 year long: +2 years at least -> spouse got employed
3) You graduate. Apply for jobs, apply for a PGWP, try to find a job and start working: +6 or +12 months (let's say +0.5 years)
3) Spouse got employed in about 6 months (+0.5 years)
4) You work for 1 year and become eligible for CEC. You get your ITA IF your CRS is enough: +1 year
4) Spouse works for 1 year and become eligible for CEC. You get your ITA IF your CRS is enough: +1 year

2.5 years from now. So again: Do you think you'd get an FSW ITA in 2.5 years?

CEC is faster than FSW if and only if one was going to go for that degree anyway (typically applies to 20 year olds). 30+ year olds with established families and careers don't have an option faster than FSW/PNP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KojiGold

SuCan17

Oct 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
By when? It's hilarious how people think the study route lands them a PR fast. Let me tell you when that then is;

2) You study. If you're aiming for CEC then your program is (should be) at least 2 year long: +2 years at least

Sum it all up: 4.5 years from now. Do you think you'd get an FSW ITA in 4.5 years?
Losing 5 points for age in April 2022. Plan B is to go on study route if no FSW draws by then.

Well, there seems to be many pathways if you have Canadian education / work experience:
- OINP has the Graduate stream, where you don't have to have Canadian work experience
- If, let's say spouse goes on SP and I manage to find a job which could help me get the 1 year work experience eligible for CEC
- If, I go on SP, spouse manages to find an IT job which would make him eligible for BC PNP tech stream
- Etc.
What I'm trying to say is, it does not have to take 4.5 years to land a PR if a couple goes to Canada on the study route.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
If the spouse is able to find an NOC 0, A, or B job, yeah. While I'm not even sure if that permit even allows the spouse to accept such jobs, in my experience, people's partners couldn't even find an NOC B job and all they found was service jobs which don't qualify one for CEC. But let's ignore that and assume the spouse has good chances of finding an NOC 0, A, or B job. Then;

2) You study. If you're aiming for CEC then your program is (should be) at least 2 year long: +2 years at least -> spouse got employed
4) Spouse works for 1 year and become eligible for CEC. You get your ITA IF your CRS is enough: +1 year

CEC is faster than FSW if and only if one was going to go for that degree anyway (typically applies to 20 year olds). 30+ year olds with established families and careers don't have an option faster than FSW/PNP.
You are very correct on this. Like my friend who went for his Masters in Canada when he was 23. Even for someone like me, I was about to continue with Ph.D. in Canada when that friend of mine told me no to waste my time on that option and instead go for FSW Express Entry (I had no idea that this system exists until early this year).

Now, both me and my family are convinced that if FSW is not going to work, then no other option for Canada really worth it, as I feel like I have been scammed so bad by Canada I don't even have any motivation to think about any other route to make it there.

SuCan17

Oct 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

So what you're saying is wait for draws to happen or forget about Canada altogether? :)

SuCan17

Oct 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You are very correct on this. Like my friend who went for his Masters in Canada when he was 23. Even for someone like me, I was about to continue with Ph.D. in Canada when that friend of mine told me no to waste my time on that option and instead go for FSW Express Entry (I had no idea that this system exists until early this year).

Now, both me and my family are convinced that if FSW is not going to work, then no other option for Canada really worth it, as I feel like I have been scammed so bad by Canada I don't even have any motivation to think about any other route to make it there.
I agree with you there but is there any other English speaking country with a shorter timeline to PR than Canada? I've checked Australia and NZ but the process seems even more hectic.

Reactions: KojiGold

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Losing 5 points for age in April 2022. Plan B is to go on study route if no FSW draws by then.

Well, there seems to be many pathways if you have Canadian education / work experience:
- OINP has the Graduate stream, where you don't have to have Canadian work experience
- If, let's say spouse goes on SP and I manage to find a job which could help me get the 1 year work experience eligible for CEC
- If, I go on SP, spouse manages to find an IT job which would make him eligible for BC PNP tech stream
- Etc.
What I'm trying to say is, it does not have to take 4.5 years to land a PR if a couple goes to Canada on the study route.
If you can afford it, then do not waste a moment and go for it. If you can secure funding, even better. But for people like me who can not afford the insane tuition fees nor can secure a fund, the only available option is the FSW route.

After all, for those who can make it to Canada on study route (specially those in their early-mid 20s), there could be this advantage of having some time to get familiarized with the country, its environment, rules and making contacts to build a proper life.

Reactions: SuCan17
D

Deleted member 1050918

So what you're saying is wait for draws to happen or forget about Canada altogether? :)
What I'm saying is you'd definitely get an FSW ITA sometime in the next 4.5 years, unless FSW is retired. If you're losing age points, imagine how much French you could learn in 4.5 years to boost that CRS. If you don't wanna learn French, then what you're looking at is 4.5 years of wait and a lot of money spent.

- Etc.
"Etc": Well there's no etc lol. Only those you listed.
"You manage to find a job" or "spouse manages to find a job": I explained above the case where you/spouse manages to find a job. Pretty hard but if you manage it's about 2.5 years from now. Do you really think FSW can't get you an ITA in 2.5 years?
OINP/BC grad: drop the 1 year, you're still looking at 3 - 3.5 years.

is there any other English speaking country with a shorter timeline to PR than Canada? I've checked Australia and NZ but the process seems even more hectic.
Nothing beats the speed of FSW/PNP; even Canada's own programs. My point is nothing will get you your ITA faster than FSW/PNP can. I can't see why one would consider waiting longer and spending much more money for an ITA unless FSW is retired.