Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
My plan B is to hope that the US passes that reconciliation bill for the immigration part. Plan C is Portugal. One way or another I plan to leave this place next year.
US will not pass anything. You can even trust IRCC but never trust USCIS.

SuCan17

Oct 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Losing 5 points for age in April 2022. Plan B is to go on study route if no FSW draws by then. I already have a Masters, but my husband will have better chances of landing a job with an SOWP since he’s in IT, so wondering if I should apply for the SP instead. Do you think it’s possible that the SP would be approved considering I already have another masters? :rolleyes:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Losing 5 points for age in April 2022. Plan B is to go on study route if no FSW draws by then. I already have a Masters, but my husband will have better chances of landing a job with an SOWP since he’s in IT, so wondering if I should apply for the SP instead. Do you think it’s possible that the SP would be approved considering I already have another masters? :rolleyes:
SP is approved on the basis of your progressive future plans that's aligned with your current work experience and the previous academics. Convincing the visa officer with specific details of the course that you are intending to study and how it's is going to improve / upgrade your professional life with mentions of your home country ties will give better chances of visa approval. Documents supporting your home ties which includes, financial backup (bank deposits) and assets (establishments: owing a house) and your relationships will backup your application that increases the chances.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Plan B is to go on study route if no FSW draws by then
By when? It's hilarious how people think the study route lands them a PR fast. Let me tell you when that then is;

1) You go through the process of applying to schools, then applying to study permit, and you start your program: +1 year from now
2) You study. If you're aiming for CEC then your program is (should be) at least 2 year long: +2 years at least
3) You graduate. Apply for jobs, apply for a PGWP, try to find a job and start working: +6 or +12 months (let's say +0.5 years)
4) You work for 1 year and become eligible for CEC. You get your ITA IF your CRS is enough: +1 year

Sum it all up: 4.5 years from now. Do you think you'd get an FSW ITA in 4.5 years?

Reactions: Lc4life and Rish92

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
By when? It's hilarious how people think the study route lands them a PR fast. Let me tell you when that then is;

1) You go through the process of applying to schools, then applying to study permit, and you start your program: +1 year from now
2) You study. If you're aiming for CEC then your program is (should be) at least 2 year long: +2 years at least
3) You graduate. Apply for jobs, apply for a PGWP, try to find a job and start working: +6 or +12 months (let's say +0.5 years)
4) You work for 1 year and become eligible for CEC. You get your ITA IF your CRS is enough: +1 year

Sum it all up: 4.5 years from now. Do you think you'd get an FSW ITA in 4.5 years?
i aint doing the SP route for pr, but to be there a bit early and find a suitable place before getting residence permit. let ircc process the app as they wish.

D

Deleted member 1050918

i aint doing the SP route for pr, but to be there a bit early and find a suitable place
First hand experience: Unless you have $50k / year in cash in your bank, "early" won't be fun and most certainly "suitable" will be a shithole. Grad life in Canada is hell if one does not have that kind of money.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
First hand experience: Unless you have $50k / year in cash in your bank, "early" won't be fun and most certainly "suitable" will be a shithole. Grad life in Canada is hell if one does not have that kind of money.
still very affordable than the london hehe, else i won't to go to a cold country leaving the good beers behind. I am not planning to sell my apartment just in case, i'd sell it once i land with PR. glad i didn't buy my own house prop in the U.K

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1050918

still very affordable than the london
Depends on where you go. If it's a cheap city then it may work better with some burger flipping at the local McDonald's. Will you self fund your studies?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Depends on where you go. If it's a cheap city then it may work better with some burger flipping at the local McDonald's. Will you self fund your studies?
ofc everything's on me. it's simply 8 months that i'm planning to study. but the VO has to approve tho. i am not in that stage of life anymore where i need to do part time like we did when we were in the 20s. I have never worked in a food chain, i simply hate it, I'd consider a pub tho =D but still not required. Single life but with money so it's going smooth