+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW with Masters Degree - should I get my Bachelor's Degree evaluated by WES?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nav_S said:
Hi Guys. Does having a WES for bachelors add more points to your EE Profile.
I have a masters from Canada and a bachelors from India. Should I get the bachelors eca for getting extra crs points
I m right now at 450
No. It will not add any extra points. Points are awarded for your highest degree only.

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
hello all, :)

I have a masters degree from a recognised UK Uni but don't have a bachelors . My Master's application was accepted by the uni on the basis of work experience and recommendations from superiors in the industry.
How many points would that fetch? would it only give the points for 1 year qualification which i think its 19 points or does it give the full 23 points?
Thanks for your feedback in advance :)

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hey Irosha,

You get points based on your highest degree. In order to prove your highest degree, you will need to get transcript evaluation done by WES (www.wes.org/fswp/).

WES may or may not ask for your bachelors degree. It's all upto WES how they consider your case. As you said, if its from well known UK univ, they may not ask for bachelors. In fact while submitting WES evaluation request form you may only enter master's degree information and do not talk about bachelors degree at all, and see if they ask for bachelors degree. I think you might be able to get points for master's degree points.

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi AJ,
Thank you very much for your response . i read somewhere further up the thread that upon assessment of Masters , WES might state 'bachelors required ' .
What do you do then?

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
no idea, I guess you will have to try it out. If they ask for bachelors degree you will have to explain your case to them.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
No. It will not add any extra points. Points are awarded for your highest degree only.
Thank you all for sharing your experiences, Congrats on all those who got through. Since many of you mentioned, ECA/CIC is based on the highest degree. I have a slight different question. U see my bachelors is from a good college in India (recognised by WES) and getting them to send docs to WES is no issue. However, my Masters PGDip is from an insitute named SPJAINIIMR (Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan), "NOT recognised" By WES.

Keeping in mind that WES evaluates both with a one charge, would it advisable to just get the degree evaluated and keep the MBA aside as I do not wish to attain highest degree attained from non recognised institution if you know what I mean. I am getting 81 points as per an online calculator without PGDip cos I have excellent IELTS score and work experience plus spouses IELTS score.

PLEASE ADVISE

Please advise.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask about the same as well - I have a provisional degree for my bachelor's degree in Multimedia from Vinayaka Missions University, India but have a Master's degree in Animation from the University of Kent in the UK.

I already spoke to the University of Kent who were extremely helpful and told me they'll get the job done without a problem. On the other hand, after initial phone conversations with the registrar at VMU, getting my transcripts from VMU will prove to be a big hassle (I'm expecting some greasing of palms, as is the norm and the vibe I got from the person I spoke with there) but I was told by Asivad Anac on another thread here that the WES will only need to evaluate your Masters degree for the ECA. Is that right, or am I expected to list all my educational qualifications in the WES application and expect them to make the report only on the basis of the documentation that my master's degree will provide?

Any feedback or clarity on this from you folks would be super helpful.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jessy_canada said:
Thank you all for sharing your experiences, Congrats on all those who got through. Since many of you mentioned, ECA/CIC is based on the highest degree. I have a slight different question. U see my bachelors is from a good college in India (recognised by WES) and getting them to send docs to WES is no issue. However, my Masters PGDip is from an insitute named SPJAINIIMR (Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan), "NOT recognised" By WES.

Keeping in mind that WES evaluates both with a one charge, would it advisable to just get the degree evaluated and keep the MBA aside as I do not wish to attain highest degree attained from non recognised institution if you know what I mean. I am getting 81 points as per an online calculator without PGDip cos I have excellent IELTS score and work experience plus spouses IELTS score.

PLEASE ADVISE

Please advise.
Usually, PG Diplomas are not recognized as Masters. They are evaluated to "One year graduate study" or something on those lines. You can send in the documents for both your degrees - If they evaluate both to "Bachelor's (4 years) and One Year graduate diploma", then you might be eligible to choose "2 or more degrees" option (which in turn will provide you with more points than only a "bachelor's degree").

So, I suggest you to send both the degrees. If they are not ready to evaluate your PG Dip, its fine but if they do evaluate it, you will be benefited. You pay the same amount - you don't lose anything!

This is only my opinion!

Zeenat0

Feb 24, 2016
irosha said:
hello all, :)

I have a masters degree from a recognised UK Uni but don't have a bachelors . My Master's application was accepted by the uni on the basis of work experience and recommendations from superiors in the industry.
How many points would that fetch? would it only give the points for 1 year qualification which i think its 19 points or does it give the full 23 points?
Thanks for your feedback in advance :)
Hi! I have a similar situation to yours. What did you decide to do with your Master's degree evaluation?

sainiajeet123

Dec 18, 2009
pls help me that for wes what is the procedure , and what i have to take from delhi university for bachelour degree, what will be the fee , hom many days it will take to get the document from delhi university and to whom i have to contact

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Usually, PG Diplomas are not recognized as Masters. They are evaluated to "One year graduate study" or something on those lines. You can send in the documents for both your degrees - If they evaluate both to "Bachelor's (4 years) and One Year graduate diploma", then you might be eligible to choose "2 or more degrees" option (which in turn will provide you with more points than only a "bachelor's degree").

So, I suggest you to send both the degrees. If they are not ready to evaluate your PG Dip, its fine but if they do evaluate it, you will be benefited. You pay the same amount - you don't lose anything!

This is only my opinion!
Thank you for the advice...I have a question again :D
You see I got an ITA without accompanying spouse. However, I have noticed that since the CRS score as dropped to 434 I might stand a chance to include my Husband’s CELPIP scores which may mount to giving us 436. I was told to take a chance to decline ITA (I did open the link but not uploaded or submitted) and re do a brand new EE profile.

My question is what happens when you decline ITA and when you create a brand new EE profile again, do they ask for previous EE number or if we received ITA? I am scared to decline till I get some reassurance.

It would be better if I can include my husband as accompanying. Awaiting your advice

maithreyi85

Jan 4, 2018
Hey rakakatoofaan and usa2canada2015,

what did you guys did finally? Did you get the ECA from WES based on only master's degree?

I am also in similar situation, i have masters from a good US university and bachelors from india. Getting transcripts from Indian university might take a long time. But doubtful whether WES would issue ECA without bachelors degree documents.
Hi @aj355 - So in your WES application, did you just put your master's degree or batchelor's as well?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
What did people do finally?

Is there any stage at which we need to send the ECA report for US Bachelors as well... if we have the ECA for a well recognized UK MSc program?

I did not request Bachelors evaluation at any point
I only submitted my UK Master’s degree to WES, and subsequently to CIC- no questions asked, and by God’s grace I’m now a PR !

Always nk

Jan 10, 2018
yeah, don't worry, for CIC only highest degree evaluation is required. If WES can simply evaluate Master's degree they will, in some cases the might need additional document (like bachelor's degree as well).

For me, I got only master's degree evaluation done, CIC accepted it and I already got the PR.
Hello can u suggest i have gt my beachlors as non recognized in wes bt they recognized my masters as equal to Canadian masters degree so vill this be an issue if get n ita n when they finally check all documents again vill this effect my pr visa after i get an invitation?