+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW with Masters Degree - should I get my Bachelor's Degree evaluated by WES?

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
aj355 said:
My message to WES:
Hi, I submitted the order for evaluation of my master''s and bachelor''s degree. However I received evaluation of only master''s degree. I need the evaluation of bachelors degree as well. Can you please check and provide me the same? Thanks

WES reply:
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your message. Recently, you received your WES educational credential assessment (ECA). WES determined that the initial documentation we received met the criteria to develop your educational credential assessment report for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). Your file was expedited in order to help you meet FSWP application deadlines.

Upon request, WES will add a credential equivalency that was not in the original report at no additional charge. This will require however, that you submit documents as required on our website. Once received the credentials will be reviewed.

The original evaluation report which was sent to you will no longer be electronically accessible to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). A revised credential assessment report would be mailed to you and delivered electronically to CIC upon completion.

Please let us know in writing how you would like to proceed. We thank you for choosing WES for your credential assessment.
They will remove your ECA report from their website so CIC will not be able to verify it, and it might cause delay in processing of your application at CIO and in some cases cause return of application. Therefore if you think that points for education based on your master equivalency are sufficient then no need to worry about your equivalency of bachelor, i shall just advice to just withdraw your request with WES for the time being now till you get good news from CIC. And do equivalency of bachleor at later statge.

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Need your help. I am planning to apply for PR under CEC. My details and questions are:

I have bachelors in commerce (2004, Mumbai Uni) and masters in commerce (2007, Pune uni) degree from India. Do I have to get both degrees verified by WES.

I do not have my bachelors degree certificate and I am sure that it will take at least 6 months for me to obtain the degree certificate for the bachelors, so can I submit the credentials of masters certificate only, my masters is from Pune University and is well-recognized masters program.

I do have the individual year mark sheets, final consolidated mark sheets and a certificate issued by university that confirms that I have completed respective degrees (i think these are provisional certifiecates issued in 2004 and 2007 respectively).

Please help.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did people do finally?

Is there any stage at which we need to send the ECA report for US Bachelors as well... if we have the ECA for a well recognized UK MSc program?

I did not request Bachelors evaluation at any point

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
EFK said:
What did people do finally?

Is there any stage at which we need to send the ECA report for US Bachelors as well... if we have the ECA for a well recognized UK MSc program?

I did not request Bachelors evaluation at any point
I sent my masters only (a very well known university and program) but WES still asked for my bachelors. WES has no standards, so better send all.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem is that I already sent everything..
But if they need it, they shall ask for it, correct?

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
yeah, don't worry, for CIC only highest degree evaluation is required. If WES can simply evaluate Master's degree they will, in some cases the might need additional document (like bachelor's degree as well).

For me, I got only master's degree evaluation done, CIC accepted it and I already got the PR.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou very much!

So in the Express Entry profile, did you mention anything about your Bachelors? I believe it wouldn't be required since its only asking for the highest degree which we are claiming for?

However, after receipt of ITA, you attached Bach degree, Masters degree and ECA?

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
ofcourse you need to mention your Bachelors, not mentioning might be mis-representation. For each degree it would ask if you have ECA, just select no for bachelors, and yes for masters.
Yes, after ITA, you attached all the degrees.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh ok - I thought the system would render us ineligible if we say that we do not have ECA...

SO I put bachelors - no ECA
Masters - with ECA

thanks

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
aj355 said:
ofcourse you need to mention your Bachelors, not mentioning might be mis-representation. For each degree it would ask if you have ECA, just select no for bachelors, and yes for masters.
Yes, after ITA, you attached all the degrees.
Hi,
To what section of the form did you attach your Bachelor Degree that you didn't evaluate? To Education in one document together with Masters and ECA?

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Yes, while uploading documents after ETA, I attached Bachelors degree along with Masters degree

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Hi Guys. Does having a WES for bachelors add more points to your EE Profile.
I have a masters from Canada and a bachelors from India. Should I get the bachelors eca for getting extra crs points
I m right now at 450

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
I believe it should NOT make any difference, you are already getting points for your highest education(masters from Canada). Check the breakup of your score(450) and see how much points are you getting for education.

Rajiv Prakash

Nov 14, 2015
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding ECA my highest degree is BTECH should i send BTECH transcripts to wes or all my education starting from high school to Bachelor degree should i send.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Rajiv Prakash said:
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding ECA my highest degree is BTECH should i send BTECH transcripts to wes or all my education starting from high school to Bachelor degree should i send.
Only your BTech transcripts.