Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here...

FSW - Outland
Filipino citizen, currently residing in Dubai, UAE
I am the PA + 2 dependents (husband + son)
3 PCCs
Quite extensive travel histories (both husband & I)

I just want to share my application status as well:

ITA - 17 May 2017
AOR - 17 July 2017
ADR (travel history) - 27 July 2017 (submitted 29 July 2017)
Medicals passed - 2 August 2017
BGC - NA - 2 August 2017

I back read this thread and from what I've gathered, I assume that I'm already at NA2. Will be checking again after 2 weeks to see if there's any change to the BGC status - though I hope it goes to IP2.

Good day to all!
Welcome aboard my friend, you are correct.
Godspeed!!

Reactions: ldescalo

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@KiranK

Please help determine my current stage, I don't understand the recent update on my application.
I got AOR on July 18 and background check was 'not applicable'. On July 26, I received an update with my medicals been reviewed, UCI assigned, and background check changed to 'we are processing your application. We'll inform you when we start your background check.'
On July 31, I received the latest update which changed my background check to 'not applicable'. But my medicals result is still being reviewed.
I don't know if this is NA1, IP1, or NA2. I expect to have passed medicals to be in IP1, no?
Sometimes medicals are updated late, nothing to worry as long as you don't have any health concern.
Your IP1 is done and R10 passed, you are in NA2 dear.
Don't worry file will get updated i few days for meds also.

Reactions: Lordnath

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Request help!!!

I am on NA2 since 26th July, however a moment ago, my additional documents status changed from 'We are reviewing' to say the below ...
We do not need additional documents.

I thought the documents check is done during IP1, isn't it? Or is this normal for NA2?
@Zessie has replied perfectly, its good news dear. Nothing to worry.

Reactions: pranab24

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I'm double checking my eAPR. In Education history, they ask "We will assess xxx's secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate xxx's score. You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below." I wonder do I have to add my secondary/high school? If yes, do I need to provide documents like degree for that?
Thank you!
I already replied to your PM regarding the same question earlier dear, that you have to provide all degrees and marksheets from grade 10th till your highest qualification. If you are still not convinced please read CIC's website for instructions carefully, you will get the most correct and authentic information there.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
KiranK, I have a small question.

I have been in IP1 since July 20. I am currently residing in the US. I called and email CIC to confirm where my file was and was informed it is at Ottawa and this is where the final decision will be made.

Just want to know, did my file go to Sydney or not? Or has it not even been sent there ? Also, is the R10 check complete ? I have been told by many that status really doesn't mean anything and it's the file location that gives a better idea.
First of all my friend, CEC/U.S applicants files go to Ottawa and are finalised there. So no CIO here. It is clearly mentioned on CIC website. So no worry of file being transferred etc.:)
If your file is still in IP1 it means most likely R10 is not done yet dear. When it changes to NA, you can be sure of the R10 check be passed then.
Status changes are important my friend, it has been corroborated by data from GCMS notes of various candidates that each status change happened specifically in accordance with CIC action on file, as has been predicted on the forum many times. There are always exceptions of course. Location can only give you an idea of fast or slow processing offices.
You have ordered GCMS a bit soon in my opinion. You are still in IP1 and I think by the time you receive the notes only R10 and criminality will be done, in my opinion one should wait till NA2 and Ip1 done to order to get the maximum information on file. But you never know maybe luck is with you and you get a PPR before the notes eh?:):). I really wish so.
But no worries nonetheless something is always better then nothing, you will get some clear picture from them definitely. Also you can always order an another set if needed.
Wish you a speedy PPR!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pratee1234

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
hii @KiranK ..i am AOR -21 june , meds passed-14 july , ip1-14july and stuck on NA2- since 17th july.. this wait is killing me ....mera number kab aayega ?? :p:p:p
Hahhahahhahha harinder, don't worry jaldi ayega!!! I think you will see some update by next week:)
20-30 days in NA2 is very common, nothing to wear my friend. Most likely your eligibility is being done or close to be done.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
An update (if anyone cares, I've updated myImmi tracker too).

Aor - 24/7/17
Medicals passed - 3/8/17
IP1 - in progress

CIC seems to be processing medicals faster these days!
Ohh Martin you going all rocket speed. amazing! congratulations dear! Perfect.
and we do care mate:):)

Reactions: MartinH1337

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi Kirank I have a question to ask... If my kids passport is expiring in first week of november.....And ppr comes before that then what should be the expiry date of visa issued on the his passport.....
Will it be till November or after six months or a year...
Your PP should have validity of at least 6 months, you will have to get a new PP and raise CSE and upload the new PP.

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ohh Martin you going all rocket speed. amazing! congratulations dear! Perfect.
and we do care mate:):)
Something I haven't seen mentioned: is there any correlation between number of dependants, length of travel history, number of jobs etc in terms of AoR -> PPR time? I haven't seen it mentioned, but I am only applying for myself, and have had one job/position, so maybe this makes things faster? Then again, thats more R10 stage....

Thanks KiranK :)

Reactions: KiranK

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Guys do you think i need to be worried i have been stuck in NA2 from July 10th.AOR is June 2nd Meds passed on July 6th.

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
when should i start worrying?
If you use the above site you can estimate the average time taken - you need to remember CIC says that applications can take 6 months, so unless you are nearing 6 months since the AoR, you shouldn't get too worried. Sometimes it just takes longer to do background checks depending on many different factors. According to averages you should hopefully change status by 28th August

It's only been 2 months since you're AoR, so no need to get worried for another month or two. Just keep checking your account as they may require more documents

Reactions: kenyk