+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW or CEC, which is ideal? (Proof of Work experience letter missing some details)

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
I am concerned about FSW because it is challenging to get my proof of work experience letter from my previous foreign employer with all the mandatory details as required by IRCC. I have got my proof of work experience letter on company letterhead, but since they follow a standard template, I do not have,
- Number of hours worked in a week and
- My previous designations

Is this a cause for concern? I have secured the proof of funds; and other documents should be acceptable, except for this letter
Plus, since CEC processing times are typically faster than FSW and straightforward, I was inclining toward that.

But later If my FSW application gets rejected while being processed, can I reapply in the next CEC draw(as I will be eligible by then) while staying in Canada? or shall I just delete my EE profile and recreate when eligible for CEC, Please let me know your thoughts on this when possible, I might be thinking too much, Thanks

My Details:
Current Score: 483 (FSW eligibility met)
will meet CEC eligibility on May 30th,2023
Current work permit expires Aug 30th,2023 (Will apply for BOWP once applied for PR)

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am concerned about FSW because it is challenging to get my proof of work experience letter from my previous foreign employer with all the mandatory details as required by IRCC. I have got my proof of work experience letter on company letterhead, but since they follow a standard template, I do not have,
- Number of hours worked in a week and
- My previous designations

Is this a cause for concern? I have secured the proof of funds; and other documents should be acceptable, except for this letter
Plus, since CEC processing times are typically faster than FSW and straightforward, I was inclining toward that.

But later If my FSW application gets rejected while being processed, can I reapply in the next CEC draw(as I will be eligible by then) while staying in Canada? or shall I just delete my EE profile and recreate when eligible for CEC, Please let me know your thoughts on this when possible, I might be thinking too much, Thanks

My Details:
Current Score: 483 (FSW eligibility met)
will meet CEC eligibility on May 30th,2023
Current work permit expires Aug 30th,2023 (Will apply for BOWP once applied for PR)
Just be aware you only apply for a BOWP if you receive an ITA . Applying for PR , is just than , an application

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
Just be aware you only apply for a BOWP if you receive an ITA . Applying for PR , is just than , an application
Yes, I am aware of that thanks. But my main concern is if my proof of work experience letter be still considered with the above caveats. Please let me know about this

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
Well, as long as the work experience letter covers some of the responsibilities in the NOC code that you claim, you should be fine. Get in the pool and hope you receive ITA, because who knows what they're planning for next year with all the new changes in immigration programs.

Reactions: sarveshkalyan