+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello everybody, question: on April 16 will be 4 months since I applied to bowp (it says that in the letter). I want to know if anybody here applied to an extension of that letter cause Im thinking they will take more than that to process my bowp and I don’t wanna have trouble with my employer.
thanks!

Reactions: HRP2020

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
Hello everybody, question: on April 16 will be 4 months since I applied to bowp (it says that in the letter). I want to know if anybody here applied to an extension of that letter cause Im thinking they will take more than that to process my bowp and I don’t wanna have trouble with my employer.
thanks!
I asked from MP the same issue, they checked and told me because I have applied for BOWP before expiring the first WP, I can continue working with no concern.
That is intersting that, yesterday after 130 days, my application is touched.

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
I asked from MP the same issue, they checked and told me because I have applied for BOWP before expiring the first WP, I can continue working with no concern.
That is intersting that, yesterday after 130 days, my application is touched.
i know that, but the thing is that my husband’s employer is gonna ask for new one (they put in their records as his wp was expiring on the 16).

130 days, that’s beyond the letter.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
i know that, but the thing is that my husband’s employer is gonna ask for new one (they put in their records as his wp was expiring on the 16).

130 days, that’s beyond the letter.
A friend had the same issue. this is what he did.
1. Submitted a Screen shot that he has applied for a work permit extension.
2. Submitted this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Told them legally, he was allowed to work in Canada as per section 186 (u), proof (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html).

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
This is great. I hope more people will sign this, so it can be sent in to the government. Here's the link again for those who missed it. FSW-inland applicants asking for their applications to be processed.

https://chng.it/22rQ2fHybN
I have signed this. It’s really bad they are not even prioritizing inland Fsw applications. I can see a lot of PPRs being issued while many of us are still waiting. Hardly seeing any movement these days in fsw inland category.

Reactions: vancovuer-applicant

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I called IRCC this morning after my MP told me that my application was in queue to be reviewed by officer.

I asked the agent which part of the process was needing to be reviewed and she said all of it? And once the officer reviews it, they will either ask for more info or make a decision to finalize it. But she also said my eligibility is passed and background is in progress. Which it has been since Jan 2021. So I’m confused but whatever. Wonder how long I will sit in the queue lol

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
I have signed this. It’s really bad they are not even prioritizing inland Fsw applications. I can see a lot of PPRs being issued while many of us are still waiting. Hardly seeing any movement these days in fsw inland category.
Yes exactly. There is absolutely no excuse for FSW-inland applications not to be prioritized right now. It was nothing but a bureaucratic mistake and oversight that we have to wait over 3 times longer than CEC applicants; the government has repeatedly said they meant to prioritize applicants within Canada. But they simply never cared to correct this mistake.

I have already contacted my MPs office multiple times. The office staff are not helpful since they refuse to escalate the issue. They did however helped me file a request for urgent processing. In my request I asked for all FSW-inland applicants to be prioritized since we're all enduring the same injustice. But I doubt this will be accepted, because we don't meet the traditional requirements for urgent processing.

If I don't hear by the end of March, I will contact the MP and demand to speak with the MP directly. This issue needs to be escalated immediately to the minister so it can be corrected. If the MP refuses to speak with me, which is likely, I will call the prime minister and the immigration minister's office incessantly until I get somebody to listen to me.

The truth is that Canada's government has a legal obligation for procedural fairness. It means that individuals in similar circumstances should receive similar service. We have been discriminated against for months and months on end without any justification. Therefore, when we contact the government we should explicitly ask for such fairness and justice to be restored.

Unfortunately most of us do not have the means and resources to follow this issue legally. If I was in a position to do so, I would certainly have sued the government for putting us at a position of injustice due to their carelessness and lack of due diligence.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
Yes exactly. There is absolutely no excuse for FSW-inland applications not to be prioritized right now. It was nothing but a bureaucratic mistake and oversight that we have to wait over 3 times longer than CEC applicants; the government has repeatedly said they meant to prioritize applicants within Canada. But they simply never cared to correct this mistake.

I have already contacted my MPs office multiple times. The office staff are not helpful since they refuse to escalate the issue. They did however helped me file a request for urgent processing. In my request I asked for all FSW-inland applicants to be prioritized since we're all enduring the same injustice. But I doubt this will be accepted, because we don't meet the traditional requirements for urgent processing.

If I don't hear by the end of March, I will contact the MP and demand to speak with the MP directly. This issue needs to be escalated immediately to the minister so it can be corrected. If the MP refuses to speak with me, which is likely, I will call the prime minister and the immigration minister's office incessantly until I get somebody to listen to me.

The truth is that Canada's government has a legal obligation for procedural fairness. It means that individuals in similar circumstances should receive similar service. We have been discriminated against for months and months on end without any justification. Therefore, when we contact the government we should explicitly ask for such fairness and justice to be restored.

Unfortunately most of us do not have the means and resources to follow this issue legally. If I was in a position to do so, I would certainly have sued the government for putting us at a position of injustice due to their carelessness and lack of due diligence.
I also tried reaching out to MP. But it’s same std answer IRCC gives to MP’s office as well. Now I guess our files are stuck untouched again as they have shifted focus to the situation in Ukraine.did anyone get any updates on application since mid February? Is there anyone waiting for long after medical update?

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
A friend had the same issue. this is what he did.
1. Submitted a Screen shot that he has applied for a work permit extension.
2. Submitted this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Told them legally, he was allowed to work in Canada as per section 186 (u), proof (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html).
hope it works, or I hope they provide another letter.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW

what are the "traditional requirements for urgent processing"?

cynefin109

Sep 16, 2018
Hi guys, received a GU and my review of additional documents changed to Not Applicable. Can members share what does that mean?