+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
No worries. Most likely, you will get portal email by tomorrow only. Just be ready with your photo and address so that you can upload it quickly and get PR card sooner.
It's party time! I really wish everyone here gets this feeling sooner, wish we all could get together and celebrate the long wait! :D
Did you get your PR card yet? :)

akswlo

Sep 24, 2021
I am so sorry for you and while it will not change your situation, know that we are numerous (me included) to really hate ourselves for not having waited the couple of months needed to just apply through CEC. And we are wrong to hate ourselves. That was the best thing to do with the information we had at the time. We need to be mad at IRCC for not providing the right information even prior to COVID (the average processing time for FSW was 9 months in 2019 and not 6! 6 months was their goal for 2020 but never achieved before except for CEC… I bet if you knew you would have waited those two months eh?)

Just to say try to be kind with yourself, you did the best you could do! The situation sucks big time but definitely not your fault.
Thank you for your kind words. It helps.

Reactions: PandaCacahuetes

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Looks like the online system is down, I am not able to login to my account..

I started to be more optimistic with these maintenance/updates to their system. I hope another batch of COPRs/Portal emails are coming!
Does that regular maintenance relate by any mean for issuance of COPR?? I though it’s individual kind of thing in the form of ghost update? Or Am I missing anything?

Aug 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

It's now been 13 months since I received my AOR (Oct 2020) in the FSW stream (I'm Inland, applied with my wife who's also here with me).

I'm wondering if anyone in the same situation is thinking about applying at the CEC stream, either after withdrawing the FSW one or by creating a new profile.

Please share if you are in the same boat and are thinking in the same line. Thanks and let's hope for the best!

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Does that regular maintenance relate by any mean for issuance of COPR?? I though it’s individual kind of thing in the form of ghost update? Or Am I missing anything?
I don't think they should be related, but after the last maintenance few people got the email of "we are still working on application", then ghost updates, and medical extensions showing online!

I am just hoping this maintenance bring some good news and more movement, Ahmed.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hi everyone,

It's now been 13 months since I received my AOR (Oct 2020) in the FSW stream (I'm Inland, applied with my wife who's also here with me).

I'm wondering if anyone in the same situation is thinking about applying at the CEC stream, either after withdrawing the FSW one or by creating a new profile.

Please share if you are in the same boat and are thinking in the same line. Thanks and let's hope for the best!
I honestly think it would be a huge risk to withdraw your FSW application at this point.
CEC draws have been on hold since September and there is no guarantee that they will be a priority again in the future.
It was a part of the last minister's strategy during the lockdown and closed borders period.
There is a new Minister now, and they've said the focus is to clear the backlog. We are seeing it happen now, many FSW inland and outland applicants hearing from their VOs, either for ADR or CoPR. Things are moving for FSW now.
There was a time when applying to CEC was actually a good idea, but in my opinion, this time is long gone ...

Last edited:

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

First, as far as I've read in this thread and IRCC website, there is no need to withdraw FSW application.

Secondly, and more important, I don't know if they are going to have new rounds of invitations for CEC and FSW in the near future.

Source:
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/ircc-looking-to-tackle-express-entry-backlogs-before-resuming-fswp-and-cec-invitations-1119698.html

Obviously, having both FSW and CEC applications you have more chance that one will be selected to be processed. The problem is that it might take longer for you to get invited for one of them to be processed. Since an Express Entry profile is free, you can start one, and if you are invited for CEC, you decided if you apply or not.

So I guess it's just a matter on how much money and time you want to spend.

For me, personally, it's not worth it, as my language test have expired already.

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
So I went and managed to get a letter from my Canadian bank today. This letter has everything I need: account numbers, any outstanding debts (just my credit card with $0 current balance), current balance and estimates of average balance of past six months. They didn't even charge me!

So here is what I am considering now:

- Provide bank letters from every bank I have an account with (just two). These letters demonstrate I have no debt/loan obligations and in the case of my primary PoF account, I have sufficient money saved in the form of USD.
- Include bank statement of my primary PoF as additional evidence to show that the funds have been saved since Mid-2019.

I am considering not including the bank statement (just the letter) from my Canadian account as the letter includes all the information they request and may just cause confusion or concern.

What do you think? If debt/loans are still a concern, I can also include a credit report.
I would be surprised if they charged you for the letter. :D
Personally, I think those letters should be enough. As you said earlier, if you got 26k than it's more than enough than required. Submit both the letters, which will increase your net worth even more. If you want, surely throw those primary PoF statements in too so that there is no room for them to doubt. Only concern is just make sure those letters has everything that they asked for in the ADR (ie. their address, contact, ac numbers, etc etc). I don't think you need to submit any credit report. If you are clear on credit than there is no reason for them to refuse you just on the basis of funds. And even if they do, you can always appeal and even take them to court if needed. But I don't think that will ever to come to it. I'm getting a sense that they are just asking everyone at this point to see that they will be able to come if they are not in Canada right now or other covid related factors.

Reactions: AstronomyNut

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
Just got ADR for my bank statement.
Please what do they mean by average balance for the past 6 months?
@pruthv @legalfalcon
If your account balance was 20k last month and it is 10k this month than your avg monthly balance is 15k. Your bank should be able to help you with that, I think you can even submit last 6 months statements. Just check the ADR letter, take it to the bank and tell them to issue you whatever the letter asks.

Reactions: requiemforadream

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Quick question from people who have recently received portal email.
Did all or most of you had to submit latest bank statement or something similar ?

Reactions: mikefox299

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Hi everyone,

same as yours.
My wife and I applied under FSW- inland category in nov 2020. Haven't heard back from IRCC yet.
The only update/ghost update on my file was on 20th nov when the status of my medical changed to "you don't need a medical exam".

Eagerly waiting for a decision.
I was thinking about CEC as well, but looking at this group, I think it would not make much sense and all of us might get a decision in a couple of months.