JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Anyone have any idea about this ?
It's a very specific situation, but I don't think the fact that your status changed or that he is a PR would make IRCC expedite the processing of your application (just my opinion based on what I've generally been seeing on forums and groups).

Reactions: Natashaa

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
I was just wondering, what is the longest that someone have waited to hear anything back from IRCC after submitting an ADR?

By anything I mean, another ADR, some real update on the profile (medical, background, eligibility) or the portal email.

I've submitted 3 ADRs in a row, one each week, except for the latest one that got me 2 weeks to get the documents. Now it has been a week without any movement. I know, a week is nothing compared to 18 months or even longer. But things were moving so fast.

I can't understand why they would request 3 ADR to leave me in the limbo again.

My anxiety is exploding, that is why I just want to know what is the worst scenario we have seen so far.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
I was just wondering, what is the longest that someone have waited to hear anything back from IRCC after submitting an ADR?

By anything I mean, another ADR, some real update on the profile (medical, background, eligibility) or the portal email.

I've submitted 3 ADRs in a row, one each week, except for the latest one that got me 2 weeks to get the documents. Now it has been a week without any movement. I know, a week is nothing compared to 18 months or even longer. But things were moving so fast.

My anxiety is exploding, that is why I just want to know what is the worst scenario we have seen so far.
I submitted an ADR (Schedule A + Military Records) on December 14 - no updates yet

• Sad
Reactions: rWolf

Lii

Mar 4, 2021

I am in the same situation. For me my medicals passed a second time on Nov 30 2021. Only security was pending on my application. I didn’t receive any adr, nor ghost update, No changes on profile post it. It’s really making me so stressed as why it is stuck without any kinda update. This process has been a torture at all stages. Didn’t get the gcms notes even which I applied back in Nov. it’s a 16 months plus wait for me.

• Sad

jalc03

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
I am in the same situation. For me my medicals passed a second time on Nov 30 2021. Only security was pending on my application. I didn’t receive any adr, nor ghost update, No changes on profile post it. It’s really making me so stressed as why it is stuck without any kinda update. This process has been a torture at all stages. Didn’t get the gcms notes even which I applied back in Nov. it’s a 16 months plus wait for me.
trying calling them for an update if you can. I called around 3pm and was on hold for 40 minutes

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hello Buddy, I know we have almost the same AOR and similar nature of the application and Same VO. I am wondering if you got any updates recently on your file. Last week I got a Ghost update, made a call soon after that, and came to know that my security was passed, but eligibility was still not started, a day ago I was asked for ADR ( Proof of fund) which I submitted yesterday

D

Deleted member 1033589

Hello Buddy, I know we have almost the same AOR and similar nature of the application and Same VO. I am wondering if you got any updates recently on your file. Last week I got a Ghost update, made a call soon after that, and came to know that my security was passed, but eligibility was still not started, a day ago I was asked for ADR ( Proof of fund) which I submitted yesterday

Hi there,
My file was transferred to Edmonton from Montreal on January 8. I got a ghost update last week on Friday but haven’t called them. I’m just waiting in a hope to hear anything.

Doyen_Toronto

Jun 27, 2021
Toronto
Just want to understand here , Did they expedite processing on your application because you filled Mandamus ? or you getting PPR is has nothing to do with Mandamus ? I am also October 2020 AOR hence thinking if filling Mandamus works then I will do the same as well. Please provide your thoughts.
@Holy Cow
Yes, they have because I filed for Mandamus. After filing IRCC reached out to my lawyer and told them they are working on my profile.
After receiving PR portal credentials and submitting the address, photo on Jan 6th, I am still waiting for my eCoPR. It's just a waiting game at each stage

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
I hope if its like that, I called IRCC to verify this info. The agent mentioned it clearly we are not allowed to work post 14th Feb 2022 even for the same employer. :(
Just answering this question again, I found another page that supports that we can keep working:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permit until we process your application.
  • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.
If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work
  • you can show them this web page, or
This is another proof that we can't trust what they say on the call centre. They are not officers, and some of they, not all, will say whatever they want to say just to get to the next in line, regardless of the implications of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: upon

SabrinaKim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Got a hold of an IRCC agent and asked about the progress of my application for the first time in a year. The only change made over a year was criminality moving from in-progress to complete.

Security still hasn't started. (Not sure about Info Sharing, I forgot to ask) I think this is the last step but I guess it doesn't matter since I heard of many cases stuck at Security for a long time.

AOR: July 16, 2020
Visa Office: Ottawa

Eligibility: Complete
Criminality: Complete
Security: Not Started

Medical 2nd Pass: Dec 3, 2021
ADR(Schedule A): Dec 16, 2021

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
@Holy Cow
Yes, they have because I filed for Mandamus. After filing IRCC reached out to my lawyer and told them they are working on my profile.
After receiving PR portal credentials and submitting the address, photo on Jan 6th, I am still waiting for my eCoPR. It's just a waiting game at each stage
I reached out to my Immigration consultant , and he said filling Mandamus is very expensive. I also checked the link which you have provided about mandamus but it does not provide cost involved. Can share some light on this topic. I am also thinking about going ahead and file one.

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Just answering this question again, I found another page that supports that we can keep working:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

This is another proof that we can't trust what they say on the call centre. They are not officers, and some of they, not all, will say whatever they want to say just to get to the next in line, regardless of the implications of it.
I asked my consultant too and yes, we can keep working beyond the date. Per generic letter, my authorized date is until Feb. 2nd. :(

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
I reached out to my Immigration consultant , and he said filling Mandamus is very expensive. I also checked the link which you have provided about mandamus but it does not provide cost involved. Can share some light on this topic. I am also thinking about going ahead and file one.
It starts off with a demand letter from the lawyer which should cost less than 3-4k. In most cases IRCC will choose to not go to court and just fulfill the 30d commitment, so that'd be your effective cost. Of course they might appeal and if you are dragged further into the mess you're gonna pay more but (I believe) that mostly happens to cases with misrepresentation.

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
My ADR was DEC 14, submitted back on Dec 16, nothing afterwards.
AOR March 2020, expected to have the PR in sept 202, now on my 22nd months and nothing.