+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
I have noticed that it has been a month since they changed the date that they are processing CEC applications.

They changed to this date on Dec 29th, 2021. Before that, the date was going up 1 or 2 weeks every week.

I'm not really sure what that means for us, but maybe it means that they really starter processing all applications instead of only CEC?

I know, there are some unfortunate CEC applicants that are in the limbo as well, but I mean, generally speaking, which does not apply for everyone.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I have noticed that it has been a month since they changed the date that they are processing CEC applications.

They changed to this date on Dec 29th, 2021. Before that, the date was going up 1 or 2 weeks every week.

I'm not really sure what that means for us, but maybe it means that they really starter processing all applications instead of only CEC?

I know, there are some unfortunate CEC applicants that are in the limbo as well, but I mean, generally speaking, which does not apply for everyone.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
At the beginning of January, I thought they were up to really tackle the FSW backlog because I started seeing a lot of movement on forums and groups. Looking at Immitracker, the week of Jan 13 was particularly good for FSW. Now it seems to have slowed down again. I wonder if they are focusing on the TRtoPR and Afghans applications, which are not reflected on Immitracker... I've seen some TRtoPR people sharing they got their PR this week.

Reactions: rWolf

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
At the beginning of January, I thought they were up to really tackle the FSW backlog because I started seeing a lot of movement on forums and groups. Looking at Immitracker, the week of Jan 13 was particularly good for FSW. Now it seems to have slowed down again. I wonder if they are focusing on the TRtoPR and Afghans applications, which are not reflected on Immitracker... I've seen some TRtoPR people sharing they got their PR this week.
Well, I hope they didn't request 3 ADR from me for nothing.

Like, "ohh, we forgot about you, please, just send some updated documents and a new police certificates, so we can process your application".

6 months later: "ohh, sorry, we forgot about you again, could you please send us some new documents, just because?"

Last edited:
Reactions: JSF

Anneeee

Jan 26, 2022
Hi guys, I've been a silent reader here for so long now and it's really nice to hear your experiences. I just have a question, After a one year and one month, I finally got an update for my application, they are requesting for the payment of RFPR. Do guys have any idea how many more month should I wait for the next update?

wisemanca

Mar 2, 2020
Hi guys, I've been a silent reader here for so long now and it's really nice to hear your experiences. I just have a question, After a one year and one month, I finally got an update for my application, they are requesting for the payment of RFPR. Do guys have any idea how many more month should I wait for the next update?
Its anyones guess at this stage. Im coming up on 2 years next week. Last update I had was an ADR in November.

MCNR

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
after waiting for almost 14 months, I got an update today asking me to submit proof of funds within next 7 days. just wondering why they are asking for this again! did anyone else get such an update?
It is good that at least you got some update. I am waiting since 15 months and no update literally after medicals. Not even my medicals extended. Hope you will hear good news soon.

wisemanca

Mar 2, 2020
When did you get your RPRF request?
I paid that when I submitted. It's been marked as complete in my GCMS notes since I started ordering,s o maybe not applicable to your situation. Either way its good news that they requested it, but there doesn't seem to be a clear timeline anymore.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
after waiting for almost 14 months, I got an update today asking me to submit proof of funds within next 7 days. just wondering why they are asking for this again! did anyone else get such an update?
I've seen many people getting the same request.
It's annoying that they keep re-asking documents they already have, but I don't think it's worrisome. Just send the proof of funds in the recommended format and you should be ok.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I paid that when I submitted. It's been marked as complete in my GCMS notes since I started ordering,s o maybe not applicable to your situation. Either way its good news that they requested it, but there doesn't seem to be a clear timeline anymore.
Same. I paid it upfront, and it's marked as completed.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Well, I guess no one can answer that.

I've got 3 ADRs. I guess I didn't get a proof of funds request just because I got points for my LMIA job here. Otherwise, I would get a 4th ADR haha

But still, since two people here got an update today, this gives me hope that FSW are not in another level of limbo once again.

Just submit it and I hope you get good news soon.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Fraser explained to the CBA that IRCC does not plan to cancel and refund already-submitted permanent residence applications in order to reduce its backlogs. This has been speculated on social media since it is something the Canadian government did about 10 years ago to reduce its inventory.
Holy moly, I don't even know how to feel after reading this. How this can even be speculated? Shocked!