FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
ravi12 said:
Hey Goku,

Thank you for the reply and I am sending it to CPC-Ottawa 365 laurier ave west
from NJ. would there be any issues because i have seen many people send it and there is no issue.
No I don't think it will be an issue. Also include "Ready for Visa" email printout.

P.S. I used UPS to send my PP to NYVO, and also sent Pre-paid envelope along with it (both were next day delivery). It was bit expensive but it was necessary as I was sending it overseas and can't risk it to get it back in regular post. I suggest you also do same.

ravi12

Jan 4, 2013
Goku said:
No I don't think it will be an issue. Also include "Ready for Visa" email printout.

P.S. I used UPS to send my PP to NYVO, and also sent Pre-paid envelope along with it (both were next day delivery). It was bit expensive but it was necessary as I was sending it overseas and can't risk it to get it back in regular post. I suggest you also do same.
Thank you so much...but I bought the shipping return label from canada post but they asked me dimensions i had put the passport dimension and they charged me 30 CAD, I was thinking if they send a corp in a big envelope will there be any issues..

sk13

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
: 12-01-2015, <br>Passports Sent: 15-Jan-2015, <br>Passport Recved: 16-Jan-2015<br>Shipping: Xpresspost USA
VISA ISSUED...
Tracker Activated: 03-Feb-2015, <br>Passports got Back: 06-Feb-2015
zentury said:
IF YOU ARE AN INDIAN CITIZEN , It's against the law to mail the INDIAN passports to a different country (from the residing country). :(
Most of them got it changed to a 'local US Visa office'. I guess For east cost it's NY and West coast it's LA.

I'm also from the US, awaiting for PPR.
Once I receive PPR, I will reply back to CPC-O to change it to a local VO in USA.

Check with this guy "Goku", He got a transfer letter from CPC-O, to change it to LA.

Hope this helps?
You can send your passports to Canada from USA. I am from India, and I did it, and got them back without any issues. Not only me, but I know lots of people who did it without any problem. The only reason you want to transfer your case to local office is either for interview or if you moved out of north america region.

As long as you purchase the Canada mailing label, it should be ok. All the best!

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
FBI PCC received 20-02-2015
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2104 Meds -Received 13-02-2015 - after 2 months
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Goku said:
Yes it is. Read second last paragraph on second last page on Indian PP.
Interesting. Surprised that they moved your file away from Canada (even though you are within Canada).
I assumed that you lived in US :D

Now I realize that you sent your passport 'overseas'.

sk13

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
: 12-01-2015, <br>Passports Sent: 15-Jan-2015, <br>Passport Recved: 16-Jan-2015<br>Shipping: Xpresspost USA
VISA ISSUED...
ravi12 said:
Thank you so much...but I bought the shipping return label from canada post but they asked me dimensions i had put the passport dimension and they charged me 30 CAD, I was thinking if they send a corp in a big envelope will there be any issues..
I believe the dimensions are for the complete package aka envelope. But again I feel they don't care about it as long as it is with in reasonable limit and weight limit. So you should be fine.

My prepaid label cost came around 34$(CAD) with 13 (L ) X 7(W) X 2 (H) with .60 KG. All the best!

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
sk13 said:
You can send your passports to Canada from USA. I am from India, and I did it, and got them back without any issues. Not only me, but I know lots of people who did it without any problem. The only reason you want to transfer your case to local office is either for interview or if you moved out of north america region.

As long as you purchase the Canada mailing label, it should be ok. All the best!
Thanks Sk13.
I did get some conflicting information about people requesting a tranfer from CPC-O to a local office in USA.

I guess, I will just send it CPC-O too.
I know there are issues tracking the Canada post from US.
Did anyone try to us UPS instead? (that's the only one I've used this far).

sk13

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
zentury said:
Thanks Sk14.
I did get some conflicting information about people requesting a tranfer from CPC-O to a local office in USA.

I used UPS to send the passports to CIC (1 day delivery). But CIC clearly mentioned in 'PPR' email that 'if you don't provide Canada post shipping label or envelope' then they will send the passports back in regular mail. So I believe it is not wise to take the risk.

I used the 'Xpresspost USA' shipping label purchased online (10 min work), and they sent the passports back in their envelope which is really good. (in fact they have included two envelopes for safety). So don't worry. All the best!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
zentury said:
Thanks Sk13.

I did use UPS.

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
sk13 said:
I used UPS to send the passports to CIC (1 day delivery). But CIC clearly mentioned in 'PPR' email that 'if you don't provide Canada post shipping label or envelope' then they will send the passports back in regular mail. So I believe it is not wise to take the risk.

I used the 'Xpresspost USA' shipping label purchased online (10 min work), and they sent the passports back in their envelope which is really good. (in fact they have included two envelopes for safety). So don't worry. All the best!
Thanks for the heads-up
Good that you mentioned about the PPR email , and their 'required' specifications.
:D
Now I gotta go explore Xpresspost USA to buy the shipping labels .

Guess this is the one?
http://www.canadapost.ca/shop/envelopes/xpresspost-tm-prepaid/usa.jsf

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Goku said:
I did use UPS.
Did your PPR email tell you to use 'Canada post' as well?
And you did take chances of sending it via UPS?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
zentury said:
Did your PPR email tell you to use 'Canada post' as well?
And you did take chances of sending it via UPS?
Here is what it said:

[/Mailing instructions :

For U.S.A. clients:

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in the United States via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

U.S. EXPRESS MAIL: If you prefer U.S. Postal Service Express Mail, please enclose with your application a pre-paid U.S. Express Mail envelope - the correct U.S. postage must be affixed (we only accept regular stamps, metered stamps not acceptable). Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address. USPS has recently changed its "flat rate" policy for "Express Mail" or "Priority Mail" envelope, be sure to specify that the envelope will be mailed from New York City. If this envelope is not provided or if it has incorrect postal charges, your documents will be returned by regular mail without further notice to you.

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).

For addresses in Canada:

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).

color]

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
I also sent my passports to Canada and got it back. Don't worry - its usually Indian customs that confiscate the passport. Do you think US/ Canada customs will wary about Indian Passport rules? Even if they do, they will not open the package to check - "Oh which country passport it is? Let me see if its Indian then I'll confiscate else I'll dispatch".

Never happens. Only happens if you send it from India to overseas, or overseas to India.

sk13 said:

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
rpishere said:
I also sent my passports to Canada and got it back. Don't worry - its usually Indian customs that confiscate the passport. Do you think US/ Canada customs will wary about Indian Passport rules? Even if they do, they will not open the package to check - "Oh which country passport it is? Let me see if its Indian then I'll confiscate else I'll dispatch".

Never happens. Only happens if you send it from India to overseas, or overseas to India.
Who said that that they don't open it ? They might open to check whether its original PP or forged.

Try a simple experiment: Get a black light bulb (cosmic light), turn it on at night in dark and then see your passport. See security feature on visa stamping, and all pages of passport. Forged PP wont have those features. I have seen a real CBSA documentaries in which they do such things.

Totally agree with your last line. If Indian customs find out about PP they might seize it.