22-12-2104 Meds -Received 13-02-2015 - after 2 months
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
rpishere said:
I also sent my passports to Canada and got it back. Don't worry - its usually Indian customs that confiscate the passport. Do you think US/ Canada customs will wary about Indian Passport rules? Even if they do, they will not open the package to check - "Oh which country passport it is? Let me see if its Indian then I'll confiscate else I'll dispatch".

Never happens. Only happens if you send it from India to overseas, or overseas to India.
:D
Great to know guys. True, I was also under the same impression about confiscating the passport passport based on a country.

lyn4pow

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014.
Med's Request
March 13, 2015
Interview........
DM - May 30 2015
Passport Req..
June 10 2015. PP reached Ottawa June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP sent back June 19, 2015
ms.reannox said:
I'm currently living in Nunavut and the nearest place to do medicals is Ottawa which is a 3hours flight. LOL

Thank you! yours is around the corner.
Whao!! How the heck did you reach there? LOL. Am currently in Toronto but am planning on moving to Saskatchewan. It's always been my goal to visit every Canadian Province. I hope to see Yukon, NWT and Nunavut soon ;D

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
FBI PCC received 20-02-2015
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2104 Meds -Received 13-02-2015 - after 2 months
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Goku said:
Here is what it said:

[/Mailing instructions :

For U.S.A. clients:

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in the United States via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

U.S. EXPRESS MAIL: If you prefer U.S. Postal Service Express Mail, please enclose with your application a pre-paid U.S. Express Mail envelope - the correct U.S. postage must be affixed (we only accept regular stamps, metered stamps not acceptable). Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address. USPS has recently changed its "flat rate" policy for "Express Mail" or "Priority Mail" envelope, be sure to specify that the envelope will be mailed from New York City. If this envelope is not provided or if it has incorrect postal charges, your documents will be returned by regular mail without further notice to you.

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).

For addresses in Canada:

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).

color]

I do NOT have a corporate UPS/Fedex account.
So it's a good idea to use USPS / Canada post to mail the PP.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
zentury said:
Interesting. Surprised that they moved your file away from Canada (even though you are within Canada).
I assumed that you lived in US :D

Now I realize that you sent your passport 'overseas'.
No I never lived on US. They transferred my application just for Interview purposes, and nothing else. First time I have ever been to US was for PR interview.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
zentury said:
I do NOT have a corporate UPS/Fedex account.
So it's a good idea to use USPS / Canada post to mail the PP.
I didn't had it too. But I still used it. ;)

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
Well, I didn't mean in general terms that they don't open any of the package. They do if something looks fishy. However, seizing it for a legit PPR - don't think that's gonna happen.

But yeah, not applicable with Indian customs. First they have to abide by this Indian Passport Act rule, Second - they love making new avenues for their own good :)

Goku said:
Who said that that they don't open it ? They might open to check whether its original PP or forged.

Try a simple experiment: Get a black light bulb (cosmic light), turn it on at night in dark and then see your passport. See security feature on visa stamping, and all pages of passport. Forged PP wont have those features. I have seen a real CBSA documentaries in which they do such things.

Totally agree with your last line. If Indian customs find out about PP they might seize it.

ray2210

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sending my RFP Receipt to Ottawa, do i need to send the Medical information sheet given by the doc

WhiteLion85

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Dears.. I have just paid the RPRF, now should I send the receipt by courier or is it okay to email it ? If i can email it, what is the right email address to use ? Thank you for guidance

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems like CPC-O is currently working on application submitted in October. I noticed A few of you got their MR or RPRF requested which is good. Anyone submitted end of October and heard back too? which means they are close to November applications

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WhiteLion85 said:
Dears.. I have just paid the RPRF, now should I send the receipt by courier or is it okay to email it ? If i can email it, what is the right email address to use ? Thank you for guidance
The email says what you have to do. Read carefully.

amirali.mithani

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2015
Hello Forumites,

For those of you who have sent their passports from USA to CPC-O for visa stamping, could you please assist with a step by step instructions on how to go about with the whole process. I am sorry if this has already been discussed earlier. Or if someone can direct me to the correct link/page, it would be greatly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
These latest PPRs to May applicants indicate that my theory probably holds true. CPC-O sends PPRs in batches on the second week of each month as was the case with January and February. If you received none, you may apparently relax for another month. And it sucks :-(

lyn4pow

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014.
Med's Request
March 13, 2015
Interview........
DM - May 30 2015
Passport Req..
June 10 2015. PP reached Ottawa June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP sent back June 19, 2015
Does anyone know when Ottawa asks for additional documents, how long it will take for them to include that in the application?

Also when do you normally see the second line update? Thanks

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyn4pow said:
Does anyone know when Ottawa asks for additional documents, how long it will take for them to include that in the application?

Also when do you normally see the second line update? Thanks
My additional info was included same day.