Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
GENTLEANDREW said:
i believe they are working in the background. I actually paid my RPRF in late December without AVO asking me and send the receipt to them about 2weeks ago. I actually got a response that the payment has been llinked to my application and when I used the rreceipt number to cheçk my application status on ECAS it actually work.

Well, let us not go the harsh line of racism. I believe they will respond accordingly from antecedents. I doubt if they will make any refunds. The one you are making reference to was the backlog issue. Those ones were not even processed at all let alone issuing MRs. FSW 2014 has been processed. You have MRs and I think PPRs. So, there cannot be turn backs at this point, I believe. I strongly believe that inefficiency is not a factor at all. So, you mean that they will go to office to sit down and then begin to admire files? What are they being paid for? Those guys are under instructions; instructions from above.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Exactly what i am trying to emphasize. Those guys are not idle or inefficient; there is a master plan to follow. They cannot just say it out because we will never agree with them but they are working. They are like blood laboratory physicians who will not tell you your test result immediately.

Let us also remember that background checks can still be carried out after medicals. There is no particular arrangement for which comes first or last.People have been refused in the past before even after getting the nod to undergo medical tests. Some files have been selected for quality assessment purposes. Some people's documents have been selected for background checks but you will never know. It will not be everybody. Most times that they request for passport(s), it is always a done deal except we have the unexpected.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
Hmmmm.......... Na wah for AVO oooooo.

I comment my reserve! : : :(

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
Instead of us getting worked up, it is better we make excuses for them. Me self the devil don dey minister something negative to me. Devil is a liar.

ESSYLICIOUS

Nov 5, 2015
SOTAJ said:
Hmmmm.......... Na wah for AVO oooooo.

I comment my reserve! : : :(
This is so annoying. When in Ottawa 30 December applicant already got visa. Well, lets see how February will be. I believe they will answer us this month.

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ESSYLICIOUS said:
This is so annoying. When in Ottawa 30 December applicant already got visa. Well, lets see how February will be. I believe they will answer us this month.
AVO oya transfer my file to Ottawa now now...

XCEXX

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
My good people, I will like to say that we should not be worked up on this AVO thing. Patience is the key to this process and this was highlighted from the beginning of this whole exercise. After holding on for 20 months +, I believe this is not the time to relent but the time to be strong.

One thing I am sure of is that AVO (or whoever) will not deny you COPR/PPR without being convinced beyond ALL reasonable doubt so also you will not be issued same by leaving any stone untouched. This is about investigation and fact finding.

The problem in our part of the world is the painstaking task of these fact finding. There is poor access to information: Bureaucracy. A simple example is how hard it is sometimes to get Transcript whereas people that studied abroad get theirs within few days (I got mine same day). I believe AVO is doing fact finding and it is not easy in this part of our world.

Comparing AVO to NDVO, WVO, LVO is not a yardstick. All these VO has their own processing time which I believe is based on level of development and access to information.

My dear people, in as much as I understand how frustrating this can be, please LET US BE PATIENT. Patience is the key thing here. Let us engage ourselves in other things. For me, I engaged myself in a building project when the going was tough with my POF. The project is almost complete now and I have been able to get 85% of my POF back (Don't do as I do).You can learn something/training/certification. I engaged my wife in driving school when she started "nagging" too.

About medical expiring in few months: In as much that this is not your fault, I believe AVO know what to do about it. If worst comes to the worst, they will request for another medical as condition to issue COPR.

I wish everyone quick and positive response from AVO

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
XCEXX said:
My good people, I will like to say that we should not be worked up on this AVO thing. Patience is the key to this process and this was highlighted from the beginning of this whole exercise. After holding on for 20 months +, I believe this is not the time to relent but the time to be strong.

One thing I am sure of is that AVO (or whoever) will not deny you COPR/PPR without being convinced beyond ALL reasonable doubt so also you will not be issued same by leaving any stone untouched. This is about investigation and fact finding.

The problem in our part of the world is the painstaking task of these fact finding. There is poor access to information: Bureaucracy. A simple example is how hard it is sometimes to get Transcript whereas people that studied abroad get theirs within few days (I got mine same day). I believe AVO is doing fact finding and it is not easy in this part of our world.

Comparing AVO to NDVO, WVO, LVO is not a yardstick. All these VO has their own processing time which I believe is based on level of development and access to information.

My dear people, in as much as I understand how frustrating this can be, please LET US BE PATIENT. Patience is the key thing here. Let us engage ourselves in other things. For me, I engaged myself in a building project when the going was tough with my POF. The project is almost complete now and I have been able to get 85% of my POF back (Don't do as I do).You can learn something/training/certification. I engaged my wife in driving school when she started "nagging" too.

About medical expiring in few months: In as much that this is not your fault, I believe AVO know what to do about it. If worst comes to the worst, they will request for another medical as condition to issue COPR.

I wish everyone quick and positive response from AVO

+1 to you XCEXX

XCEXX

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
thorndike4u said:
+1 to you XCEXX
Thanks for this.

I pray that this week will usher in showers of blessing....

Nameless_Canada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Happy New Month my people............AVO! AVO!! AVO!!!.............God dey.......

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
Happy new month.I dreamt on saturday/sunday that they started treating all the backlog of medicals. I pray it happens.

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
canadamyplace said:
Happy new month.I dreamt on saturday/sunday that they started treating all the backlog of medicals. I pray it happens.
I share in your dream. AVO will rise to honour your dream. Let's remain positive as we have always displayed.

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
XCEXX said:
Thanks for this.

I pray that this week will usher in showers of blessing....
Amen

Sisi mee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
17-11-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
IT SHALL END IN PRAISE FOR ALL OF US. 4 MONTHS TO GO.

Drealsix

Dec 4, 2015
As for AVO, them matter just dey always laugh me because for every excuse you try to make for them, another excuse dey against them.

ALL my friends(Nigerians) who applied from here and had the option of choosing Ottawa as them VO (because we have been here for 3yrs + school and they applied before the form changed) ALL have their PR cards now, so it not a naija background check issue, because the ones that applied EE sef late last year had PPRs last month, (same naija background check)

As per quota, that not an excuse, the quota cut don dey in place since the filling up of caps before PER.

Like I said, for every excuse you make for AVO, another counter one dey….all they do to me is keep renewing my work permit but the PR ish is the koko, puts you on another level for things.

Its well shaa…AVO is as slow as Ontario PNP cos I ve colleagues who have been waiting for months on that too…but one thing I am also kinda sure of is they are working because in the midst of the scarcity, I got MR, email to update POF and they responded to both.
IWEIP*