29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Giving the current circumstances and no clear information as to the delay, we should all just zero our minds and be expecting our visas at least a month before the expiration of our MR's. Since my MR will be expiring in September, worst case scenario is to expect the VISA latest August.If God decides it will come next week then I will shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. I will henceforth channel my energy and time to other fruitful ventures instead of analyzing things that I don't have control of.Happy Weekend. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .

Allgrace

Oct 9, 2015
Christamario said:
Giving the current circumstances and no clear information as to the delay, we should all just zero our minds and be expecting our visas at least a month before the expiration of our MR's. Since my MR will be expiring in September, worst case scenario is to expect the VISA latest August.If God decides it will come next week then I will shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. I will henceforth channel my energy and time to other fruitful ventures instead of analyzing things that I don't have control of.Happy Weekend. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .

I like your swagg, you have made my day.
Shalom

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Christamario said:
Great perspective and good positive outlook jare. It will end in praise for us all

Kclass1

Jan 18, 2016
seunmsl7 said:
I think we should just put our energy into more productive things like doing some courses that will take our attention away from all this pressure,like it or not we are a success for us even having the resources to afford this application....

God will help us all

regards

I share your thought about putting our energy into productive things. I mean, this is needless to say because life itself abhors vacuum. Having said that, I'm still of the opinion that given the number of outstanding applications and the pace of work at the VOs, something is going on which they are not revealing to us. Some people have put up all sorts of conspiracy theories such as Syrian Refugees, job unavailability, the VOs not having enough human resources and so on. These type of theories are inevitable because the VOs and indeed CIC are not just communicating.

While I partially agree there's nothing we can do, I strongly believe we can begin to ask questions as many times and ask as many officials as possible. By officials I mean the VOs, CIC including the Honorable Minister and his deputy Anita Biguzs. Some of us have their emails, Facebook account, twitter handle etc.

We shouldn't forget that some people require 3 months to give notice of resignation to their employers and you'd all agree with me that the earlier you buy your tickets the better rate you get. So these and many other reasons should be taken into consideration before we start thinking that visas can come one month to expiration.

Please let us share ideas.

soundcode

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
9-MARCH-2015
Med's Request
X-JUNE-2016
Med's Done....
X-JUNE-2016
Interview........
WAIVED BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
X-JUNE-2016 BY GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
SOONEST
LANDED..........
SOONEST
CHARMBELLE said:
Good morning all,

To the glory of God,I would like to announce good news received yesterday morning,I believe this will serve as a ray of hope for all that are yet to receive any form of update since the slow processing is being experienced.

I received passport request for my entire family on the 12th of August 2015,but "fortunately" my wife was 39weeks pregnant as at that time.I had to write to inform AVO and inquire if I should still go ahead to send our passports considering my wife's condition.I did not get any reponse within the first week,I had to send our Passports along with other documents requested only for AVO to call later that day;the lady was quite friendly,she asked the EDD I mentioned to her she advised that I should inform AVO as soon as my wife puts to bed.Also, she requested to know if they should return our passport pending on when my wife delivers and MEDICALS sent for my new born child.I guess you already know my reponse(I asked that they keep the passports).
My wife delivered the following week,I informed AVO and within 3 days a list of documents for my new addition was resquested,after sending the docs,my baby's medical request was received the within 3days,medical was done on the 10th of September..But there was no news just like everyone else expecting an update within that period and January 2016.However, I had to write to remind AVO sometime in December that my entire family's passport is in their possession and Iam yet to get an update from them haven completed my new addition's medical in September;there was no response from AVO until Yesterday at 11.41am the mail arrived asking me to submit my daughter's valid passports within 10days...
The lesson here is that, being pregnant does not prevent you from carrying out your medicals and patience is a powerful tool to achieving your desires..."For everyone who is yet to receive an update this is your season AVO is still in the business of issuing Medical requests and PPRs as the case maybe"It will certainly end in PRAISE. :D
Charmbelle, thank God for you. You were one of the people that encouraged me to apply for this program and I am thrilled to see yours come through. This is a ray of light in the tunnel as every one of us here have keyed into this testimony. We are all fruitful and no matter the seeming delay, it must end in praise, halleluyah. It is our year of Spreading ;D

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi People.

I actually did not want to make further comments to our comments but I felt the prompting to say one or two things and possibly more.

Firstly, I want us to know that these people operate on quotas for each visa year which usually run out every April, I think. It is always for one year and it is usually over 250,000 visas for all the categories of visas(FSW, Provincial Nominations, Canada Experience Class, Federal Skilled Class etc). It cuts across every continent. I think Asia has the highest visa quota. They have the highest population in the whole of Canada. When you come down, you will confirm it yourself.

Secondly, they just shifted attention to bringing 10,000 Syrians into Canada. They plan to bring further 15,000 before the end of February. They are bringing in these people and making them permanent residents almost immediately. 25,000 PR visas from the expected quota is a lot except they created extra quota for this project which I have not read anywhere.

Again, they are also paying attention to people that applied under the Express Entry category. They promised them 6 months of processing after ITA. They are trying to keep to their promise. Remember again that the Express Entry people already have upfront medicals done and they also have the option of paying the right of permanent residence fee. They also have police report submitted. So, what is left for the successful once is just to get PPR and they are done. So many of them are in this situation. Invariably, they are at the same level with FSW 2014 within a very short time. So, if we look at this too, it can be a factor for them not reaching out to you guys yet.

Furthermore, I think this slow pace is expected with the highlighted areas above. Let us also remember that FSW 2014 is already the last of it's kind and they introduced Express Entry which is the first of it's kind in Canada. It is an immigration processing style used in Australia and New Zealand, I suppose which has being successful. So, they will want to see that Express Entry works and that people are not discouraged, hence, allowing people shift their immigration plans to another country. Let us remember that people were already thinking of shifting grounds to other countries because of Canada Immigration backlogs and long processing time. So, they want to redeem their image. Some Express Entry people already have their visas. This will reduce the quota for FSW 2014. FSW 2013 which happens to be that of my set did not have this kind of delays with AVO immediately after we got our MRs. It was breeze all the way till we got our visas.

In conclusion, let us still be patient. I think that they have found themselves in an unusual situation. I know that some VOs are running quite fast. It has always been like that but I believe that they are also affected in a way. AVO will hit the ground running ones they start again. I am not sure that they are happy having unprocessed files in front of them. Of what use will it be if your file get processed and there are no visas? Possibly, they might have finished processing it and waiting to get visa allocation.They already know the successful files and have counted the number of visas needed. They might not have these visas allocated to them yet. So, what is the point contacting us when there are no visas? I do not think that they will be hoarding visas. That definitely will not make sense. If we bombard them with inquiries, they will not respond especially when it has to do with matters like this. You will just start experiencing flow of PPR requests when they are ready. That is the only way they always respond. We felt the same way too, though not this long. It can be very painful because you cannot carry out some projected plans; you have started this process and you just have to see it to the very end except God has another plan for us.

Let us be hopeful; it will end well. Cheers!!!

NB : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2015-Q1/index.asp

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
So January will also go like this? But other vo's are giving out steady updates now. This one don pass be careful o. Abi no be fsw our seniors of 2014 do ni ? We could tell who will get what at a period of time then. But now, wow it's just frustrating. And no communication whatsoever. Oyinbo no suppose dey operate like this o, this is just plain in-efficiency.

February beckons.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hi People.

I actually did not want to make further comments to our comments but I felt the prompting to say one or two things and possibly more.

Firstly, I want us to know that these people operate on quotas for each visa year which usually run out every April, I think. It is always for one year and it is usually over 250,000 visas for all the categories of visas(FSW, Provincial Nominations, Canada Experience Class, Federal Skilled Class etc). It cuts across every continent. I think Asia has the highest visa quota. They have the highest population in the whole of Canada. When you come down, you will confirm it yourself.

Secondly, they just shifted attention to bringing 10,000 Syrians into Canada. They plan to bring further 15,000 before the end of February. They are bringing in these people and making them permanent residents almost immediately. 25,000 PR visas from the expected quota is a lot except they created extra quota for this project which I have not read anywhere.

Again, they are also paying attention to people that applied under the Express Entry category. They promised them 6 months of processing after ITA. They are trying to keep to their promise. Remember again that the Express Entry people already have upfront medicals done and they also have the option of paying the right of permanent residence fee. They also have police report submitted. So, what is left for the successful once is just to get PPR and they are done. So many of them are in this situation Invariably, they are at the same level with FSW 2014 within a very short time. So, if we look at this too, it can be a factor for them not reaching out to you guys yet.

Furthermore, I think this slow pace is expected with the highlighted areas above. Let us also remember that FSW 2014 is already the last of it's kind and they introduced Express Entry which is the first of it's kind in Canada. It is an immigration processing style used in Australia and New Zealand, I suppose which has been successful. So, they will want to see that Express Entry works and that people are not discouraged, hence, allowing people shift their immigration plans to another country. Let us remember that people where already thinking of shifting grounds to other countries because of Canada Immigration backlogs and long processing time. So, they want to redeem their image. Some Express Entry people already have their visas. This will reduce the quota for FSW 201. FSW 2013 which happens to be my set did not have this kind of delays with AVO immediately after we got our MRs. It was breeze all the way till we got our visas.

In conclusion, let us still be patient. I think that they have found themselves in an unusual situation. I know that some VOs are running quite fast. It has always been like that but I believe that they are also affected in a way. AVO will hit the ground running ones they start again. I am not sure that they are happy having unprocessed files in front of them. Of what use will it be if your file get processed and their are no visas? Possibly, they might have finished processing it and waiting to get visa allocation.They already know the successful files and have counted the number of visas needed. They might not have these visas allocated to them yet. So, what is the point contacting us when there are no visas? I do not think that they will be hoarding visas. That definitely will not make sense. If we bombard them with enquiries, they will not respond especially when it has to do with matters like this. You will just start experiencing flow of PPR requests when they are ready. That is the only way they always respond. We felt the same way too, though not this long. I t can be very painful because you cannot carry out some projected plans; you have started this process and you just have to see it to the end except God ha s another plan for us.

NB : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2015-Q1/index.asp
If I understand your post well, then it seems there's some form of racism here. Why would only Accra be this silent. London, Colombo, New Delhi, Warsaw are almost done with December 2014 applicants. So why would AVO not have their quota to mop up their 2014 applicants up till now ? Maybe they want to limit amount of Nigerians they want to bring in. All applicants of fswp at this stage met all the criteria of processing so why would you as an entity relegate those ones over a new program you are starting? They've just been inefficient. And I think they might be thinking of refunding some application fees soon. They did it before, nothing stops them from doing it now.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guyman1234 said:
If I understand your post well, then it seems there's some form of racism here. Why would only Accra be this silent. London, Colombo, New Delhi, Warsaw are almost done with December 2014 applicants. So why would AVO not have their quota to mop up their 2014 applicants up till now ? Maybe they want to limit amount of Nigerians they want to bring in. All applicants of fswp at this stage met all the criteria of processing so why would you as an entity relegate those ones over a new program you are starting? They've just been inefficient. And I think they might be thinking of refunding some application fees soon. They did it before, nothing stops them from doing it now.

Well, let us not go the harsh line of racism. I believe they will respond accordingly from antecedents. I doubt if they will make any refunds. The one you are making reference to was the backlog issue. Those ones were not even processed at all let alone issuing MRs. FSW 2014 has been processed. You have MRs and I think PPRs. So, there cannot be turn backs at this point, I believe. I strongly believe that inefficiency is not a factor at all. So, you mean that they will go to office to sit down and then begin to admire files? What are they being paid for? Those guys are under instructions; instructions from above.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
eh? what did she do? Of cause she was on the next available fight to Saskatchewan!

Sisi mee said:
What did she do when she got the visa given the very very short notice?

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Liss, thank God she was not engaged in a full time job, so she quickly got things together and voula she was off.

We shall not get to that kinda waiting stage in Jesus name!

Liss said:
@Mabertia,

That's a tough sell o especially if she had to resign from her work place. I sure pray that will not happen to any of us. The annoying part is the house rent, school fees and payment of things we had all hoped to avoid paying this new year.

Imagine! January has ended and no steady update from AVO. SMH.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
GENTLEANDREW said:
Well, let us not go the harsh line of racism. I believe they will respond accordingly from antecedents. I doubt if they will make any refunds. The one you are making reference to was the backlog issue. Those ones were not even processed at all let alone issuing MRs. FSW 2014 has been processed. You have MRs and I think PPRs. So, there cannot be turn backs at this point, I believe. I strongly believe that inefficiency is not a factor at all. So, you mean that they will go to office to sit down and then begin to admire files? What are they being paid for? Those guys are under instructions; instructions from above.
Ok o, your explanation sounds very logical though. But it doesn't expouse the principle of fairness and equity.

djdy

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 12, 2014
Med's Request
August 4, 2015
Med's Done....
August 6, 2015
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
29/2/2016 ; resent 16/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/4/2016
My biggest concern is the fast approaching expiration of MR. Has anybody in the house had his or her medicals expire without Ppr mail received from avo? What are the chances of getting the Ppr giving the issue of Syrian refugees and the new EE Applicants that have a set time of 6 months or less? As the months roll by, EE applicants are counting down to their Ppr such that the no of applications to be processed by the visa offices grows and grows as more people enroll and they are duty bound to process them within the time limit, my fear is that fsw applicants get relegated to the background since they don't have a time bound duty to process them.

My take on this is that the system is inefficient. A case in point is a friend of mine who just wanted to go on vacation had to wait 3 month plus before receiving ordinary visiting visa while USA visa takes 2 weeks or less to process.

They should learn a thing or two about immigration processing from their southern neighbors.

I rest my case

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guyman1234 said:
Ok o, your explanation sounds very logical though. But it doesn't expouse the principle of fairness and equity.

You can never tell with regards to " equity and fairness". Do you know if AVO has exhausted their quota for the year? Unfairness might not be the case. Why would they be unfair to us Africans? You need to see the African communities here in Canada. Again, having lived here for close to 8 months, I can boldly say that Canada is about the number one country that does not involve in racial discrimination. Better put, they are about the number one in terms of the low rate of racial discrimination. Canada is not owned by any particular country or continent. The Asians that seem to be the highest in population are so for so many reasons; they were one of the early comers to Canada and they have huge investments in myriad of things. We are just really waking up to immigration to Canada in Africa compared to then. We are trying to play catch up. We will get there. I am very sure that by the time you get your visa, you will not remember this period. All smiles!! We were once there; you will get there.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hi People.

Again, they are also paying attention to people that applied under the Express Entry category. They promised them 6 months of processing after ITA. They are trying to keep to their promise. Remember again that the Express Entry people already have upfront medicals done and they also have the option of paying the right of permanent residence fee. They also have police report submitted. So, what is left for the successful once is just to get PPR and they are done. So many of them are in this situation Invariably, they are at the same level with FSW 2014 within a very short time. So, if we look at this too, it can be a factor for them not reaching out to you guys yet.

Furthermore, I think this slow pace is expected with the highlighted areas above. Let us also remember that FSW 2014 is already the last of it's kind and they introduced Express Entry which is the first of it's kind in Canada. It is an immigration processing style used in Australia and New Zealand, I suppose which has been successful. So, they will want to see that Express Entry works and that people are not discouraged, hence, allowing people shift their immigration plans to another country. Let us remember that people where already thinking of shifting grounds to other countries because of Canada Immigration backlogs and long processing time. So, they want to redeem their image. Some Express Entry people already have their visas. This will reduce the quota for FSW 201. FSW 2013 which happens to be my set did not have this kind of delays with AVO immediately after we got our MRs. It was breeze all the way till we got our visas.

In conclusion, let us still be patient. I think that they have found themselves in an unusual situation. I know that some VOs are running quite fast. It has always been like that but I believe that they are also affected in a way. AVO will hit the ground running ones they start again. I am not sure that they are happy having unprocessed files in front of them. Of what use will it be if your file get processed and their are no visas? Possibly, they might have finished processing it and waiting to get visa allocation.They already know the successful files and have counted the number of visas needed. They might not have these visas allocated to them yet. So, what is the point contacting us when there are no visas? I do not think that they will be hoarding visas. That definitely will not make sense. If we bombard them with enquiries, they will not respond especially when it has to do with matters like this. You will just start experiencing flow of PPR requests when they are ready. That is the only way they always respond. We felt the same way too, though not this long. I t can be very painful because you cannot carry out some projected plans; you have started this process and you just have to see it to the end except God ha s another plan for us.

Nice post Gentle Andrew I totally agree with you. When the time come AVO will begin to contact us. I feel our pain but we just need to move on with our lives.