AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Mabertia said:
I guess this was what her uncle-in-law was referring to..http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp-news.aspx.

Well dey wait for any positive news sha!
Mabertia, you're right. Apparently this was what he was referring to.....It is well

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Of cause Sisi mee you know too well that this has got nothing to do with our applications since we applied under the Federal stream not Provincial . While you are right on the number of PPRs issued since August 2015, the information in the link is on the resumption of applications for Provincial Nominees for Alberta.

So what will you say could be the reason for the delay in processing applications for other federal applicants who chose other provinces other than Alberta? I understand with you and all I can say is Pray, Hope and Don't Worry, your canadian miracle is on the way. May God see us all through.

Sisi mee said:
Hello People,

Just thinking aloud my people. This waiting period is enough to make someone an analyst on immigration matters ;D. If i recall correctly PPR request reduced significantly toward the end of August 2015 and since then we have not seen up to 15 PPRs on this forum. Is is possible that people that chose Alberta as destination in their application had to be put on hold based on the infor on this link? .http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp-news.aspx. and they have resumed processing effective 27th Jan .

I stand to be corrected. I welcome other thots on this matter. As I hope to see AVO level of activity by Feb.

Kclass1

Jan 18, 2016
Pipis Husband said:
This AINP program is for only those already in Alberta on temporary visas and now being processed via Provincial nomination to PR status. It has nothing to do with FSW 2014.

The wait for FSW2014 has reached a stage where we all need to look at things a bit more seriously. Something must be happening which no one seems to know anything about. If you send an enquiry email to AVO, they either ignore your mail or just send their generic and monotonous response. In all of the waiting, they are giving Visas to EE applicants within 3 months. I had said it earlier that we need to put heads together and strategize on the way forward. One of the things I think we should do is seek audience with the Canadian High Commissioner and explain our plight to him. The landed seniors could also assist by helping to engage the authorities in order to know what exactly is going on at ACCRA VISA OFFICE IN GHANA WEST AFRICA.

We cannot just continue to wait endlessly without any form of communication as to when or what is going on. Presently, some people's medicals will be expiring in 4 months and yet there is neither any update nor when there will be one.

The POF we all kept in the banks are losing value day after day yet the amounts have been increased by CIC.
I do not think it can be so difficult for AVO/CIC to communicate to the applicants about what is going on.

With God on our side, it'll surely end in praise.

monjay

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th November, 2014
Nomination.....
5th February, 2015
Med's Request
18th August, 2015
Med's Done....
1st September, 2015
Passport Req..
11th March, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
23rd March, 2016
Kclass1 said:
The wait for FSW2014 has reached a stage where we all need to look at things a bit more seriously. Something must be happening which no one seems to know anything about. If you send an enquiry email to AVO, they either ignore your mail or just send their generic and monotonous response. In all of the waiting, they are giving Visas to EE applicants within 3 months. I had said it earlier that we need to put heads together and strategize on the way forward. One of the things I think we should do is seek audience with the Canadian High Commissioner and explain our plight to him. The landed seniors could also assist by helping to engage the authorities in order to know what exactly is going on at ACCRA VISA OFFICE IN GHANA WEST AFRICA.

We cannot just continue to wait endlessly without any form of communication as to when or what is going on. Presently, some people's medicals will be expiring in 4 months and yet there is neither any update nor when there will be one.

The POF we all kept in the banks are losing value day after day yet the amounts have been increased by CIC.
I do not think it can be so difficult for AVO/CIC to communicate to the applicants about what is going on.

With God on our side, it'll surely end in praise.
According to CIC, any applicant whose processing time has exceeded 13 months is free to raise enquiry on the status of his application.

"Processing times tell you how long it took Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to process applications in the past after receiving a complete application package. Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications CIC receives. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete."

If it has been longer than the time shown since you applied, and you need more information concerning the status of your application, use the Case Specific Enquiry form.

Also,take a look at CIC definition of processing time, "Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application."

My position is that all the people whose processing time has exceeded 13 months should contact CIC. If this is done in agreed date, AVO is definitely going to receive more than 100 enquires in a day on this issue. This speaks volume even if the response is the normal customized mail.

Thank you.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
monjay hmmmmmmm wahala dey oooo. I recall a couple of years back, a friend who was joining her spouse in Canada only received her visa 2 weeks to the expiration of her medicals.

I concur on your position!

monjay said:
According to CIC, any applicant whose processing time has exceeded 13 months is free to raise enquiry on the status of his application.

"Processing times tell you how long it took Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to process applications in the past after receiving a complete application package. Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications CIC receives. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete."

If it has been longer than the time shown since you applied, and you need more information concerning the status of your application, use the Case Specific Enquiry form.

Also,take a look at CIC definition of processing time, "Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application."

My position is that all the people whose processing time has exceeded 13 months should contact CIC. If this is done in agreed date, AVO is definitely going to receive more than 100 enquires in a day on this issue. This speaks volume even if the response is the normal customized mail.

Thank you.

Earl76

Jan 21, 2016
This is all just a bit unfair. Immigration is such a huge thing there's no need allowing people to hang suspended especially at the last stages. Those without jobs who normally would have wanted to start a business are just trapped. What's the point investing money when in the next six months you want to leave. More ever money for business is tied up as pof. So you're just caught really waking and sleeping day in and day out waiting for avo. I know it's not a right and theyre under obligations. ..but it's a bit unfair. It's depressing especially in nigeria where people judge you for what you own and being idle is frowned upon.

Sorry house just needed to vent. Another week come and gone

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
canadianimmigrant.ca/slider/the-9-habits-of-highly-effective-immigrants

The 9 ‘habits of highly effective’ immigrants!

One of the greatest challenges immigrants face in any country is a lack of direction and strategy to help them settle and excel in their respective professions.

Just like the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Dr. Stephen Covey has inspired millions of individuals, groups and organizations globally in their pursuit of success, these habits can be very beneficial in the immigration context as well. People who feel indecisive about what they want, what they need and how to achieve their goals can learn from these habits, adapt them and practise them in accordance to their needs.

For those unfamiliar, the seven habits are listed below and I can guarantee that immigrants can relate to them with ease and benefit from them.

Habit 1: “Be proactive”

You are responsible for your future and you will decide how to shape it. You cannot wait for things to happen, but instead have to create them to your benefit. Take control and proactively research on areas of your interest so that you are prepared.

Habit 2: “Begin with the end in mind”

“Where do you see yourself in the next five years?” is a very common phrase in interviews to determine your long-term goal, commitment and vision. If you don’t have your end in mind, create one for your new destination both at a professional and personal level.

Habit 3: “Put first things first”

Learn to prioritize your tasks. You have to plan and execute certain phases in accordance to the need of your project so that you achieve your outcomes effectively.

Habit 4: “Think win-win”

Respecting, valuing and accommodating the opinions of other people and aligning them according to your personal objectives is a very effective success model. Immigrants need to understand the feelings of others and develop mutual beneficial interventions especially as plenty of conflicts can arise from within and external factors in a new country.

Habit 5: “Seek first to understand, then to be understood”

Most immigrants can become arrogant and ignorant when it comes to change as they find it difficult to leave their comfort zone. I feel this habit is important in understanding the culture, norms and work ethics of a new country and then presenting your skills within this context.

Habit 6: “Synergize”

Working towards your objectives in isolation can be very stressful as it generates lack of openness and inability to understand diverse perspectives. Sharing your passion, ideas and goals with family, friends and new groups through networking helps in constructive results. “Two heads are better than one” and working cooperatively with others to achieve your goals in a new country can be a very effective habit.

Habit 7: “Sharpen the saw”

Continuous investment in yourself in terms of knowledge, skills and attitude is critical for immigrants in a new country. In today’s world you have to equip yourself with innovative tools and continuous professional and personal development. For example, you may have the technical knowledge but how to present or put your message across effectively may require improving your soft skills.

Habit 8: “Find your voice and inspire others to find theirs”

This habit is important for inspiring immigrants within the context of identity, ownership and pride in oneself. The key to success is in giving and sharing what you have achieved with those who are aspiring to find their way. Helping others find their path and their direction is a sign of greatness and motivation.

Another important habit for immigrants: resilience

Although not part of Covey’s legacy, perhaps the most significant habit for immigrants is resilience. It is vital that you remain positive emotionally and physically during this important change. Leaving a country and adapting to new laws, systems and culture can be very difficult and stressful for yourself and your family leading to depression, demotivation and low self-esteem.

You will have to build your resilience like any other soft skill and develop and acquire a strategy allowing you to bounce back with more zeal and motivation every time you fail or get misguided.

Summary

The fate of your success will depend on how well you plan, develop and execute these habits effectively. They say that old habits die hard and developing new ones for immigrants will be not easy unless they are injected with passion, persistence and positivity.

Ahmed Nabeel Alvi has more than 15 years of experience in leading and developing large-scale programs and projects covering education, sports, youth, ELT, arts and seniors. He likes to contribute toward issues of immigration, community development and managing change, and believes in the quote, “We will either find a way or make one!”

Sisi mee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
17-11-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
Mabertia said:
monjay hmmmmmmm wahala dey oooo. I recall a couple of years back, a friend who was joining her spouse in Canada only received her visa 2 weeks to the expiration of her medicals.

I concur on your position!
What did she do when she got the visa given the very very short notice?

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
@Mabertia,

That's a tough sell o especially if she had to resign from her work place. I sure pray that will not happen to any of us. The annoying part is the house rent, school fees and payment of things we had all hoped to avoid paying this new year.

Imagine! January has ended and no steady update from AVO. SMH.

Pastor Daniel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
God is working for us in the background. Before long, news of MRs, PPRs, CoPRs and Visas would be flying in. It is well

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
This is an information I found on the CEC Group:

Hi Team at Metro Morning

I am not sure if this story will be of interest to you but hopefully it will. My fellow applicants and I have succeeded in getting a number of newspapers interested to write a story (see below) but I think to get something on the radio would really generate some publicity for our cause.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/11/30/frustration-abounds-for-immigrants-stuck-in-backlog.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/stalled-immigration-applications-leaving-skilled-workers-in-limbo/article27054645/

So a quick bit of background to our story. The most popular way to apply for permanent residency in Canada is through the Canadian Experience Class. In January of 2015 Canadian Immigration made changes to this process and introduced an "Express Entry" system. This system moved from a first come first served basis to a points based system. This new system seems to be extremely successful and people are getting permanent residency in 2-4 months. However, this success is coming at a cost to my fellow applicants and I.

I along with approximately 6,000 people according to the article above applied for PR prior to this new system being implemented ie before January 2015 and we are still waiting for PR, nearly 17 months for me and much longer for other people. We have simply being completely forgotten about , ignored so a new system can show that its working no matter how unfair that is to applicants in the system already. If you read the articles above you can see some of the heartbreaking stories of some of the applicants like me.The response from CIC to the Toronto Star article has been that they will process us in six months. However, at this stage I do not believe a single thing they say.They told that reporter 6 months in November and now it is the end of January and I have still not being requested to go for my medical exam which is not even the final step in the process. Even if its 6 months (highly unlikely) that would mean I have waited 20 months for the exact same thing people under Express Entry have achieved in four months.

It is simply a disgrace what is happening and no matter how many times we ring CIC helpline,petition MP's or get newspaper articles written nothing is being done. This wait for PR my fellow applicants and I are enduring is soul draining. I moved over from Ireland 2.5 years ago , I have paid my taxes and never got in any trouble. I understand permanent residency is not a right of mine but a privilege but I don't think there is anything more un-Canadian than to treat different applicants for PR so unfairly. We are stuck and nobody cares.

If you would like to discuss more please let me know. I am sorry my email is so long and I probably have not explained everything but I really appreciate your time for reading this and I hope to hear from you soon. My number is xxxxxx if you would like to contact me.

Thanks Again

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
This is an email someone from the CEC group wrote to a radio station in Canada, so we are not alone; God will give us all grace to be patient.

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Considering this articles were written about two or three months ago, I guess we are still at standstill as nothing seems to have changed.

I hope and believe the wait will end soon.

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Is there any record of persons who were given visa's after their Medicals expired and what was the duration?
Is there any record of persons who were asked to repeat their medicals after it expired and the duration?

Please if you know anyone that falls into either of the categories above, kindly ask the person to share his or her story so we can prepare our minds for the worst scenario instead of hoping every week for change or updates.

Have a beautiful weekend all. AVO delay is a blessing in disguise for me, I don't know how you all see it, but I choose to look at the positive side of things.

seunmsl7

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
3rd June 2015 Request for new born Addition
Nomination.....
3rd Feb 2015
AOR Received.
24th Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
File Transfer...
19 th Feb 2015
Med's Request
14th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
29th Sept 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
9th Sept 2016
I think we should just put our energy into more productive things like doing some courses that will take our attention away from all this pressure,like it or not we are a success for us even having the resources to afford this application....

God will help us all

regards