Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Jolarge said:
Dear all,
I have been following and reading all the inspiring comments from all I just believe we should keep at it and continue to plan and prepare still awaiting ppr since August but ONE DAY AT A TIME...

Jolarge
Welcome to the club

jjalex

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
DD cashed on 23-01-2015/ Processing Started 23-01-2015
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-08-2015
Guys my friend's wife got are PPR yesterday from AVO she applied under the SPOUSE category sometimes in April. I am so happy for them and I hoping and praying that AVO starts the rain of MRs and PPRs soon.

It is well with Us IJN, enjoy the rest of your day.

Nameless_Canada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
patient peɪʃ(ə)nt

adjective:

1. able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Nameless_Canada said:
patient peɪʃ(ə)nt

adjective:

1. able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.
Depends on the stakes involved and the reality on ground. Patience do wear thin though you know?

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Guyman1234 said:
Depends on the stakes involved and the reality on ground. Patience do wear thin though you know?
No matter the counter argument, the key word is still patience and there is nothing anyone can do about this scenario than pray and find peace in God. Anxiety or being depressed will achieve nothing. On another note, I applied through an immigration lawyer based in canada, and we had a long talk yesterday night. I have been waiting for PPR since August 2015. Her position was that she thinks the slow down from AVO is connected to Syria refugees. she said additional 15,000 visas are expected to be issued in February and that will be the last batch of syria visas (hopefully). So she does not expect to hear from AVO till around February - March ending. She added that for her Nigerian clients under FSW 2014, the last set of PPRS she got from AVO came on 27th Decemeber 2015, with average waiting period of 4-7 months after Medicals. I was going to raise a gcms note but she told me to hold on and exercise patience.

So patience is the key theme, when it runs thin lets find some strength in God and refill. My 2 cents.

Toronto Ninja

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged: 03-03-2015: PER: 28-03-2015
Med's Request
25 Aug 2017
Med's Done....
28 Aug 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27 Jan 2018
layorh12 said:
No matter the counter argument, the key word is still patience and there is nothing anyone can do about this scenario than pray and find peace in God. Anxiety or being depressed will achieve nothing. On another note, I applied through an immigration lawyer based in canada, and we had a long talk yesterday night. I have been waiting for PPR since August 2015. Her position was that she thinks the slow down from AVO is connected to Syria refugees. she said additional 15,000 visas are expected to be issued in February and that will be the last batch of syria visas (hopefully). So she does not expect to hear from AVO till around February - March ending. She added that for her Nigerian clients under FSW 2014, the last set of PPRS she got from AVO came on 27th Decemeber 2015, with average waiting period of 4-7 months after Medicals. I was going to raise a gcms note but she told me to hold on and exercise patience.

So patience is the key theme, when it runs thin lets find some strength in God and refill. My 2 cents.
We are patiently, scratch that; we are helplessly waiting.

As of 2 February, 21,744 of the 25,000 Syrian refugees have had their applications processed and 15,685 have arrived Canada. The program started around October/November 2014 so I believe it will soon be over and there should be no further excuses regarding resources to process FSWP applications. What I don't get is: is it only AVO resources that were deployed to process the refugee applications? Cos Ottawa is almost through with FSWP 2014. CVO, London, NDVO, to an extent and other VOs have been performing too. Also, EE still being processed in less than 6 months.

We dey wait.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto Ninja said:
We are patiently, scratch that; we are helplessly waiting.

As of 2 February, 21,744 of the 25,000 Syrian refugees have had their applications processed and 15,685 have arrived Canada. The program started around October/November 2014 so I believe it will soon be over and there should be no further excuses regarding resources to process FSWP applications. What I don't get is: is it only AVO resources that were deployed to process the refugee applications? Cos Ottawa is almost through with FSWP 2014. CVO, London, NDVO, to an extent and other VOs have been performing too. Also, EE still being processed in less than 6 months.

We dey wait.

From research, the number of visas issued to people that submitted in the Ottawa office for permanent residence is always low. This also corresponds with the number of applicants. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2014
/permanent/08.asp.

Going by the above link, Africa is only second to Asia in terms of PR visas per immigration year. So, these things are logical. Probably because Africa has good percentage and also Asia, they have decided to disturb their percentage share for a while and then return shortly. Imagine AVO telling that to you guys ; none of you will be happy to hear that. They would rather be quiet. Again if that is the case, it definitely must be order from above. AVO is a regional office that handles 12 countries in case we do not know, not only Nigeria and Ghana. We can even double check from any of the other countries member to know how they are fairing.(Ascension, Benin, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea (refugees), Liberia, Nigeria, Sao Tome e Principe, Sierra Leone, St. Helena, Togo, Tristan da Cunha ).

I checked NDVO and some other VOs and observed that it is not as fast anymore as we may be thinking. I saw someone who had medical since July and another person August and no comments yet from their VO. Ottawa applications like i said is small going by that link. So, it is expected to be fast. Let us just take a look at the link and see the margin between Asia VOs (NDVO,Singapore, Colombo) and the rest. It is quite huge. You will have to multiply Africa by 2 or more to reach theirs. Africa is next. So, they will not be able to leave out Asians completely because the backlogs will be massive. They would rather pick them in trickles as they seem to end whatever is causing the delays which i believe is due to the entrant of EE,Syrian refugees and other refugees. Africa has the highest number of refugee claimants from that record and what they too file for is PR visa. It is so diverse. Several organizations apply on behalf of people to claim refugees in Canada. I believe this will make it twisted for AVO in this regards. They will probably have to prioritize.

The name of the game still remains patience and prayers. If we remember very well when AVO was processing FSWP 2013 they were also processing FSWP 2014 alongside. I can still remember that some of you were getting MRs , PPRs and PR visas together with us. We were getting it at the same time. This will tell you that AVO is truly effective. I am not trying to make a case for them but really judging from antecedents. Let us check the timelines/record links for both FSWP 2013 and FSWP 2014 for NIGERIANS to find out what i am talking about. IT IS WELL!!!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
layorh12 said:

I am really happy to read what you quoted from your immigration lawyer. It is part of what i have being saying all along.I am not an immigration lawyer but hind sight will tell us that some unusual things like the Syrian refugees concern and others are likely factors causing the delays. They will respond once they are done.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjalex said:
Guys my friend's wife got are PPR yesterday from AVO she applied under the SPOUSE category sometimes in April. I am so happy for them and I hoping and praying that AVO starts the rain of MRs and PPRs soon.

It is well with Us IJN, enjoy the rest of your day.

This is a pointer to the fact that PR visas fall into various categories and not just for FSW,PNP,FSWC or CEC. AVO is working with this information you just shared. I just have that believe from time that the case is not about inefficiency or racism. Infact as they are processing all the ones i just listed, they are also processing PR visas for assylum seekers and spouse of people that are already here. Some people have applied for PR visas for their parents, some for their siblings. So, PR visa has tentacles. They are likely to have shared the quota for each immigration year to all these areas and then go about them one after the other. It might even be working on PR visa category that they deem as the most pressing for the people concerned. It will soon get to us.

Lolesky

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Oct. 2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
Interview........
9th March, 2016
GENTLEANDREW said:
This is a pointer to the fact that PR visas fall into various categories and not just for FSW,PNP,FSWC or CEC. AVO is working with this information you just shared. I just have that believe from time that the case is not about inefficiency or racism. Infact as they are processing all the ones i just listed, they are also processing PR visas for assylum seekers and spouse of people that are already here. Some people have applied for PR visas for their parents, some for their siblings. So, PR visa has tentacles. They are likely to have shared the quota for each immigration year to all these areas and then go about them one after the other. It might even be working on PR visa category that they deem as the most pressing for the people concerned. It will soon get to us.

Simple,straight,direct and logical your views may be, what will you say to non issuance of MR. How does that affect visa quota you talked about earlier? My own concern is just that, they should not think of terminating the process as they did in 2012 due to backlog of applications they had which led to refund of aplication fees.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lolesky said:
Simple,straight,direct and logical your views may be, what will you say to non issuance of MR. How does that affect visa quota you talked about earlier? My own concern is just that, they should not think of terminating the process as they did in 2012 due to backlog of applications they had which led to refund of aplication fees.

What I think about non-issuance of MR is this, they might be having challenges with those ones in terms of meeting the points for PER. Agreed that you or the person concerned got PER which is usually from the Central Intake Office in NOVA SCOTIA, AVO will re-confirm to ensure that the person truly meets the needed mark. They will match documents with claims and all of that. They might even have spotted some inconsistencies in the application that was not spotted by CIO or are carrying out further background checks on that file before they determine whether to issue out MR or not. Remember, this is under probability and I am basing my comments on antecedents. Some of the people in my set (FSWP 2013) where affected by what I just stated. Also, some people might have informed AVO of status change. This can cause delays in issuing MR.

Be as it may, I am not restricting my comments on just quotas but I believe that it is a huge factor. There is also the likely concern over prioritization. They(AVO) might have decided to suspend temporarily working on FSWP 2014 category and even EE to concentrate on other PR schemes (Asylum seekers-refugees, Parent scheme - Super VISA, etc) . They will definitely return to it later. Again, quota might be affected here. They have certain number of visas that they cannot issue out for a year. Globally, it is usually from 250,000 to 270, 000 plus visas. Check the links that I have sent. Let us say that AVO already had the visas to give out for year 2014/2015 for FSWP 2014 and then comes EE which only started early last year (January, 2015). Then comes the concern of the Syrians which will cut across all VOs (even those that were initially fast before now have slowed down pace). This I strongly believe is a concern.

Again, from the little that I know, their visa quota year runs from MAY TO APRIL. If EE started in January of 2015 and they promised speedy processing of their applications, that will affect already submitted applications (FSWP 2014, Asylum seekers etc). This is part of what I am basing my points.

I have given my opinion about backlogs that were returned that you mentioned. Those applications were not even processed. Nothing like PER or NER. Some had applications with them for over 3 to 5 years. Rules kept changing and they had loads of applications. They felt that it was the best way possible to eradicate the backlogs and then start a new fast tracked program. My set (FSWP 2013) was the first beneficiary of it. Yours should have naturally followed but I believe some if not all of the highlighted reasons are why we have the unusual scenario. Your applications cannot be returned. MY REASON : THEY HAVE PROCESSED A LARGE CHUNK OF IT. If they had not been processed, returns and refunds would have been a good guess. I do not see it happening.

Lolesky

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Oct. 2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
Interview........
9th March, 2016
GENTLEANDREW said:
What I think about non-issuance of MR is this, they might be having challenges with those ones in terms of meeting the points for PER. Agreed that you or the person concerned got PER which is usually from the Central Intake Office in NOVA SCOTIA, AVO will re-confirm to ensure that the person truly meets the needed mark. They will match documents with claims and all of that. They might even have spotted some inconsistencies in the application that was not spotted by CIO or are carrying out further background checks on that file before they determine whether to issue out MR or not. Remember, this is under probability and I am basing my comments on antecedents. Some of the people in my set (FSWP 2013) where affected by what I just stated. Also, some people might have informed AVO of status change. This can cause delays in issuing MR.

Be as it may, I am not restricting my comments on just quotas but I believe that it is a huge factor. There is also the likely concern over prioritization. They(AVO) might have decided to suspend temporarily working on FSWP 2014 category and even EE to concentrate on other PR schemes (Asylum seekers-refugees, Parent scheme - Super VISA, etc) . They will definitely return to it later. Again, quota might be affected here. They have certain number of visas that they cannot issue out for a year. Globally, it is usually from 250,000 to 270, 000 plus visas. Check the links that I have sent. Let us say that AVO already had the visas to give out for year 2014/2015 for FSWP 2014 and then comes EE which only started early last year (January, 2015). Then comes the concern of the Syrians which will cut across all VOs (even those that were initially fast before now have slowed down pace). This I strongly believe is a concern.

Again, from the little that I know, their visa quota year runs from MAY TO APRIL. If EE started in January of 2015 and they promised speedy processing of their applications, that will affect already submitted applications (FSWP 2014, Asylum seekers etc). This is part of what I am basing my points.

I have given my opinion about backlogs that were returned that you mentioned. Those applications were not even processed. Nothing like PER or NER. Some had applications with them for over 3 to 5 years. Rules kept changing and they had loads of applications. They felt that it was the best way possible to eradicate the backlogs and then start a new fast tracked program. My set (FSWP 2013) was the first beneficiary of it. Yours should have naturally followed but I believe some if not all of the highlighted reasons are why we have the unusual scenario. Your applications cannot be returned. MY REASON : THEY HAVE PROCESSED A LARGE CHUNK OF IT. If they had not been processed, returns and refunds would have been a good guess. I do not see it happening.

GENTLEANDREW, thanks for your elaborate response, I quite agree with you and I believe they will go back to it, so it boils down to 'PATIENCE' again. One thing is certain whether now or later, let it end in praise. Forunmite, put your worries aside, live your normal life, the response and update will come like a thief in the night.

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
It shall end well for all of us and that soon.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Thanks for the insightful analysis +1 for you

Nameless_Canada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Good day house,

Do we have anyone that uses David Cohen as the Agent? Mr. Cohen perhaps might have one or two things to share on the delay from AVO.