+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

ddmckay

Nov 28, 2014
Big congratulations to you Gofame ! It's really an uplifting news,considering how disturbing it must have been for you and your family .we join you in thanking God and also pray for speady and favorable processing of your application.
Congrats once again

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Gofame said:
My good people in the house, I greet everyone. I have always been here but silently following all the happenings.

God has favoured my family by overturning the negative decision of the visa officer that reviewed our file and issued a refusa earlier in march as you will all recall.

We engaged the services of a Nigerian lawyer based in Canada and appealed the case.

Great people am glad to say the court ruled in our favour and allowed our appeal. The judgement stated that the decision by the visa was unreasonable and hence our case should be redetermined.

What more can I say but to say thanks to God for giving us a second chance. Please people help me give praise to this our awesome God.

I cannot stop without saying a BIG thank you to this house for all your love counsel, guide and prayers.

Thanks to everyone and to mention a few loofy, Ma Ig, Kollins, GentleAndrew,Pipiss husband, Ennex ,The Jacksons and so many of you, I am truely grateful.

I hope this will encourage someone as God is always there for us.
Congrats Gofame.. This is actually God's doing and it is so marvelous. I rejoice with you. God be praised. Halleluyah....

ESSYLICIOUS

Nov 5, 2015
Gofame said:
My good people in the house, I greet everyone. I have always been here but silently following all the happenings.

God has favoured my family by overturning the negative decision of the visa officer that reviewed our file and issued a refusa earlier in march as you will all recall.

We engaged the services of a Nigerian lawyer based in Canada and appealed the case.

Great people am glad to say the court ruled in our favour and allowed our appeal. The judgement stated that the decision by the visa was unreasonable and hence our case should be redetermined.

What more can I say but to say thanks to God for giving us a second chance. Please people help me give praise to this our awesome God.

I cannot stop without saying a BIG thank you to this house for all your love counsel, guide and prayers.

Thanks to everyone and to mention a few loofy, Ma Ig, Kollins, GentleAndrew,Pipiss husband, Ennex ,The Jacksons and so many of you, I am truely grateful.

We thank the Almighty God for the breakthrough. May the rest of the process receive speedy attention IJMN.

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations Gofame!

Gofame said:

seunmsl7

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
3rd June 2015 Request for new born Addition
Nomination.....
3rd Feb 2015
AOR Received.
24th Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
File Transfer...
19 th Feb 2015
Med's Request
14th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
29th Sept 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
9th Sept 2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, I've been following the thread and seeing the comments as concernss the recent delay in conclusion of FSW processing for some applicants. I've also been seeing the reactions, explanations and comments to the issue and request to contact the Canadian Prime Minister, Immigration Minister and signing of petitions. I'll just urge everyone to remain calm and focused as I believe those waiting are bigger than their current circumstances. Canada is not the only country where your life can flourish. I personally tried for US visa lotteries, UK's HSMP which I got but did not renew and even considered Australia's Skilled Worker program. If God says yes, no country can say no.

That being said, I'm reposting an explanation of what entails during Background and Security Checks phase of application processing for the benefit of those who are new to this thread. There's a version by my friend qorax but I've updated it for this thread. Older thread members would have read this before now but perhaps would like a refresher. I've enhanced this with explanations for a lot of Immigration acronyms and jargons. Here goes;

The Background Checks comprises of 2 parts:
The Standard Documentation Checks and the Security & Criminality Checks.

nice piece...thanks for the enlightment...

Standard Documentation Checks
:
The background check is done at the CHC/VO (CHC is Canadian High Commission) stage. This begins when an applicant's file gets the 1st BFD (BFD means Bring Forward Date) by the VO. This leads to the e-CAS update/status "In Process". All documents have been reviewed and an applicant's NOC have been checked against the MI - Ministerial Instructions. If the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Experience, Qualifications, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If an applicant's case file is well presented and the attachments logically/sequentially arranged with appreciable quality/quantity, adequate POF documents etc., the review officer may make the discretionary call of not contacting an applicant's employers, supervisors or senior colleagues indicated on reference letters etc. The case officers are allowed to make this judgement call towards quick dispensing and conclusion of this phase. However, where there are any concerns, they may likely request for additional documents, to support their decision to approve a file for next phase. That is why some of you get additional documents requests which can include pictures of the applicant in their employer's place of business, business registration documents, copies of tax filings and calling your supervisor, checking your LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. In extreme cases, the applicant may receive physical Interview request.

This checking phase can run from three to 8 months but some may expereince longer waits. As I always say, all applications are different so don't measure your progress with your friend, NOC mate or colleagues file. When satisfied, the application progresses to the Medical Request stage, where most of you jump for joy to go to hospital! eCAs status will remain as 'In Process' at this point. When the medical results are received at London (they all pass through London), eCAs will be updated to "Medicals received".

The Security & Criminality Checks:
The other part of the background check is the 'Security Check'. THis begins after an applicant's (ans his family members) medical results are submitted to the CHC/VO by the panel physicians through the eMedical electronic system. Please note the physician does not make the final decision about the medical examination, this lies with CIC.
The security check is a serious and major phase that concerns wether we can be allowed Canadian territory considering Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition and perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. Those of you that like to go on Facebook/Twitter and make certain negative posts/comments about your country/government, let me just say it is not wise.

The Security Check is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & contacting our Local Police Authorities which is Force HQ at Alagbon, Lagos. Some of the issues considered at this phase include the number of countries an appliant and/or family members have visited, applicants coming from or visiting 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (people with training with arms/paramilitary), prolonged stay in a country without sufficient documents to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (your name will be run through Anti-money laundering/Anti Terrorist financing databases), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If an applicant scales this phase positively, the file progresses the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the file goes into a 'spin'. This means they may engage our local Police/CID agencies or private investigators. The outcome/timeframe of this enhanced check is beyond the control of CIC, it's up to the local police to conclude. So this affects the timeframe and nothing can rush it, not even 20 GCMS/CSEs that one may send. Please note, at this stage of enhaced security check, an applicant may be invited for an Interview.

Once an applicant receives positive security clearance, the applicant receives the PPR mail, eCAs is updated to "Decision made". If nothing negative turns up from residual checks, the passports are stamped with the PR visas.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage -1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps + Processing Fees to CIO-Nova Scotia > Qualitative Check > Issuance of AOR >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Transfer of Applicant file to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check + PSDEC (This means Paper Screening Decision) > Background Check > Issuance of Additional documents Request (if required) > 1st BFD > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Additional Documents > Issuance of Medical Request + RPRF > 2nd BFD >

Stage -3: Medical results Sent > e-Cas update: "Medical Results Recieved." > Issuance of PPR > Passports received > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas update: "Decision Made"

Stage -4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s + COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas update: "Completed".

Please note every step outlined above was verified against information sources publicly released by the Canadian government, Immigration ministry, CIC and open sources on the Internet so it's a compendium of my information gathering and research since 2011. People are free to Google and do their own research.

It's a bright, sunny day in Mississauga right now with great temperatures across Ontario. The outlook is that we will get little snow this year and it's going to be a warm Christamas. Shout out to my people Kollins, KSA and Frances freezing their asses off in Calgary, Alberta with heavy snow. Frances my sis, you know God is still on vacation here in Toronto :p

All the best to you all across Canada and in Nigeria, seasons greetings from Pipi and I :)

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Abeg any December 29th applicant dey dis forum?
Abi na only me waka come?
Abeg show ursef oo make we dey console our self o..cos weneva i see oct, Nov & early dec applicants forming parapo...d tin dey make me humble and lonely o..ehen.
Show ursef now ooo cos this wait is not healthy..besides my POF just wey wink at me...tempting me gaan..but neva..Devil is a liar...

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Congrats Gofame.......it could only have been God

henstboy

Apr 5, 2015
Neyobash, you are not alone oooooo, my application too was received 29th Dec,got PER 26th March, just decided to chill as the forum has taught all patience, i keep working to raise more POF to be sure will have enough to spend till man get job, also keep reading and trying to get some registration done, APEGA as am an Engineer and intend to continue. i believe all shall end in praise for us all IJN. the words of PH is really comforting and we can't really have enough of it.

cheers and pray we shall all have good news to share soon.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Amen & Amen

henstboy said:
Neyobash, you are not alone oooooo, my application too was received 29th Dec,got PER 26th March, just decided to chill as the forum has taught all patience, i keep working to raise more POF to be sure will have enough to spend till man get job, also keep reading and trying to get some registration done, APEGA as am an Engineer and intend to continue. i believe all shall end in praise for us all IJN. the words of PH is really comforting and we can't really have enough of it.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
neyobash14 said:
Abeg any December 29th applicant dey dis forum?
Abi na only me waka come?
Abeg show ursef oo make we dey console our self o..cos weneva i see oct, Nov & early dec applicants forming parapo...d tin dey make me humble and lonely o..ehen.
Show ursef now ooo cos this wait is not healthy..besides my POF just wey wink at me...tempting me gaan..but neva..Devil is a liar...
Neyobash Dec people still plenty
See below
Forum Profile name Application received date
Anointed 02/12/2014
dalexy 04/12/2014
ijeree 05/12/2014
Yokusus 05/12/2014
Delaprix 08/12/2014
kupa 10/12/2014
Greatness 10/12/2014
eolutosin 10/12/2014
Gbenga 10/12/2014
Nanex 10/12/2014
Dresco04 12/12/2014
so_law 15/12/2014
lahdee 15/12/2014
ziggy 17/12/2014
Ola 18/12/2014
Tolay2015 19/12/2014
summby 19/12/2014
yikelin 19/12/2014
Samnix 22/12/2014
PROF 22/12/2014
zannybabie 23/12/2014
Temmy 23/12/2014
Deeman 23/12/2014
Diila 23/12/2014
Seun Esan 23/12/2014
Jydex 24/12/2014
favour 4lyf 24/12/2014
dapsayray 24/12/2014
Tario...34 24/12/2014
ABK 24/12/2014
Stev122 24/12/2014
sunshine baby 29/12/2014
Lighton 29/12/2014
Toronto Ninja 29/12/2014
neyobash14 29/12/2014
henstboy 29/12/2014
Silent Reader 291214 29/12/2014
crazyluv 29/12/2014

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
:D
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, I've been following the thread and seeing the comments as concernss the recent delay in conclusion of FSW processing for some applicants. I've also been seeing the reactions, explanations and comments to the issue and request to contact the Canadian Prime Minister, Immigration Minister and signing of petitions. I'll just urge everyone to remain calm and focused as I believe those waiting are bigger than their current circumstances. Canada is not the only country where your life can flourish. I personally tried for US visa lotteries, UK's HSMP which I got but did not renew and even considered Australia's Skilled Worker program. If God says yes, no country can say no.

That being said, I'm reposting an explanation of what entails during Background and Security Checks phase of application processing for the benefit of those who are new to this thread. There's a version by my friend qorax but I've updated it for thisthread. Older thread members would have read this before now but perhaps would like a refresher. I've enhanced this with explanations for a lot of Immigration acronyms and jargons. Here goes;

The Background Checks comprises of 2 parts:
The Standard Documentation Checks and the Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks
:
The background check is done at the CHC/VO (CHC is Canadian High Commission) stage. This begins when an applicant's file gets the 1st BFD (BFD means Bring Forward Date) by the VO. This leads to the e-CAS update/status "In Process". All documents have been reviewed and an applicant's NOC have been checked against the MI - Ministerial Instructions. If the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Experience, Qualifications, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If an applicant's case file is well presented and the attachments logically/sequentially arranged with appreciable quality/quantity, adequate POF documents etc., the review officer may make the discretionary call of not contacting an applicant's employers, supervisors or senior colleagues indicated on reference letters etc. The case officers are allowed to make this judgement call towards quick dispensing and conclusion of this phase. However, where there are any concerns, they may likely request for additional documents, to support their decision to approve a file for next phase. That is why some of you get additional documents requests which can include pictures of the applicant in their employer's place of business, business registration documents, copies of tax filings and calling your supervisor, checking your LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. In extreme cases, the applicant may receive physical Interview request.

This checking phase can run from three to 8 months but some may expereince longer waits. As I always say, all applications are different so don't measure your progress with your friend, NOC mate or colleagues file. When satisfied, the application progresses to the Medical Request stage, where most of you jump for joy to go to hospital! eCAs status will remain as 'In Process' at this point. When the medical results are received at London (they all pass through London), eCAs will be updated to "Medicals received".

The Security & Criminality Checks:
The other part of the background check is the 'Security Check'. THis begins after an applicant's (ans his family members) medical results are submitted to the CHC/VO by the panel physicians through the eMedical electronic system. Please note the physician does not make the final decision about the medical examination, this lies with CIC.
The security check is a serious and major phase that concerns wether we can be allowed Canadian territory considering Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition and perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. Those of you that like to go on Facebook/Twitter and make certain negative posts/comments about your country/government, let me just say it is not wise.

The Security Check is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & contacting our Local Police Authorities which is Force HQ at Alagbon, Lagos. Some of the issues considered at this phase include the number of countries an appliant and/or family members have visited, applicants coming from or visiting 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (people with training with arms/paramilitary), prolonged stay in a country without sufficient documents to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (your name will be run through Anti-money laundering/Anti Terrorist financing databases), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If an applicant scales this phase positively, the file progresses the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the file goes into a 'spin'. This means they may engage our local Police/CID agencies or private investigators. The outcome/timeframe of this enhanced check is beyond the control of CIC, it's up to the local police to conclude. So this affects the timeframe and nothing can rush it, not even 20 GCMS/CSEs that one may send. Please note, at this stage of enhaced security check, an applicant may be invited for an Interview.

Once an applicant receives positive security clearance, the applicant receives the PPR mail, eCAs is updated to "Decision made". If nothing negative turns up from residual checks, the passports are stamped with the PR visas.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage -1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps + Processing Fees to CIO-Nova Scotia > Qualitative Check > Issuance of AOR >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Transfer of Applicant file to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check + PSDEC (This means Paper Screening Decision) > Background Check > Issuance of Additional documents Request (if required) > 1st BFD > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Additional Documents > Issuance of Medical Request + RPRF > 2nd BFD >

Stage -3: Medical results Sent > e-Cas update: "Medical Results Recieved." > Issuance of PPR > Passports received > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas update: "Decision Made"

Stage -4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s + COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas update: "Completed".

Please note every step outlined above was verified against information sources publicly released by the Canadian government, Immigration ministry, CIC and open sources on the Internet so it's a compendium of my information gathering and research since 2011. People are free to Google and do their own research.

It's a bright, sunny day in Mississauga right now with great temperatures across Ontario. The outlook is that we will get little snow this year and it's going to be a warm Christamas. Shout out to my people Kollins, KSA and Frances freezing their asses off in Calgary, Alberta with heavy snow. Frances my sis, you know God is still on vacation here in Toronto :p

All the best to you all across Canada and in Nigeria, seasons greetings from Pipi and I :)
Nice one,its a great reminder but must you always rub the weather thing in for :mad:r KSA n the rest lol my people in Calgary don't PH jare,his own turn is coming...thanks.regards to Pipi n the boys

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Gofame said:

Congratulations Gofame,Our God is indeed a good Lord,it is well with the reminder of the application but it won't be a bad idea if you actually share with us all what lead to this stage

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
henstboy said:

yoooowaaaa...
Now i can chill small...
Amen oo...d thing don even end in praise already..

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
tbaba said:
Neyobash Dec people still plenty
See below
Forum Profile name Application received date
Anointed 02/12/2014
dalexy 04/12/2014
ijeree 05/12/2014
Yokusus 05/12/2014
Delaprix 08/12/2014
kupa 10/12/2014
Greatness 10/12/2014
eolutosin 10/12/2014
Gbenga 10/12/2014
Nanex 10/12/2014
Dresco04 12/12/2014
so_law 15/12/2014
lahdee 15/12/2014
ziggy 17/12/2014
Ola 18/12/2014
Tolay2015 19/12/2014
summby 19/12/2014
yikelin 19/12/2014
Samnix 22/12/2014
PROF 22/12/2014
zannybabie 23/12/2014
Temmy 23/12/2014
Deeman 23/12/2014
Diila 23/12/2014
Seun Esan 23/12/2014
Jydex 24/12/2014
favour 4lyf 24/12/2014
dapsayray 24/12/2014
Tario...34 24/12/2014
ABK 24/12/2014
Stev122 24/12/2014
sunshine baby 29/12/2014
Lighton 29/12/2014
Toronto Ninja 29/12/2014
neyobash14 29/12/2014
henstboy 29/12/2014
Silent Reader 291214 29/12/2014
crazyluv 29/12/2014
tnx tbaba..

Gentle Ace

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/06/2014
Doc's Request.
18/11/2014
Nomination.....
03/12/2014
File Transfer...
02/12/2014
Med's Request
04/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Gofame said:

Thank God and congrats sir