Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Guyman1234 said:
Thanks guys for the update on the GCMS, @ thorndike4u, i dey wait for yours o, cos our timeline is somehow similar. Just let's know when it drops.
Sure bro

Gentlecanadian

Nov 18, 2015
Guyman1234 said:
AVO, please this is December o, Warsaw VO that has been chronically slower than you has woken up, dishing out updates. Abeg give us December gift early o.

Quote from: desertfox on December 02, 2015, 12:19:32 am
Perhaps they are occupied processing Syrian Refugee applications

That's true. I have an official reply to my CSE in which DRD clearly mentioned that "At the moment we are processing some priority applications" although he did not mention Syrian Refugee applications.

I saw this on another thread this morning.Good morning guys.Keep the faith burning....shall end in praise for everybody in Jesus name

Gentlecanadian

Nov 18, 2015
Popsicle2014 said:
Hi all, I am glad to announce the receipt of our visas and coprs. Thanks to the house for the helpful tips and special thanks to PH and damkollins for their phenomenal help to us all through this process. You guys are truly amazing.
Congratulations dear.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
Warsaw visa office is gradually picking speed as regards release of updates.

Abi dem don carry the officers in AVO to Syria to go process the 25k Syrian refugees ni?

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
SOTAJ said:
Warsaw visa office is gradually picking speed as regards release of updates.

Abi dem don carry the officers in AVO to Syria to go process the 25k Syrian refugees ni?
Lol, infact Na the whole Ghana dem carry go Syria go work for dem embassy

adaghogho

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
09-09-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
September 2016
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

It is ending in praise

MzWillz

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
POF 08-08-2015
Nomination.....
06-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
23-08-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
ddmckay said:
[Thanks for this update mzwilliz ,pls if I may ask what time was expressed on your ECAS, as when processing started on your application.this may help us understand the current timeline for completing the processing for 2014 applications , visa - vis the one year ministerial instructions
Ecas reads January 22, 2015.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
mina_monmon said:
Dear My Brothers ,

Please i have a couple of questions , Please i need ur support

1- in the supplementary Travel application , my wife travel to USA from Nov to April it is mostly 153 days , so in the ( Length ) Row shall i write The number of days like 153 days , or it is prefer ( 3 Months and 15 days ) Huh Indicate as 3 months, 15 days

2- in the same application , in the child they mentioned to involve my children if they are 18 old or older , so here my case my children only 3 years but theirs passport so should i mention that in this application , and if not , shall i attach a copy of their Stamps at theirs passport with the a copy of passport ,??? Sorry but your grammar and punctuation are a bit confusing. Could you rephrase your question so we can help out?

Appreciate receive your feedback ,

Thanks in Advance
Hi, please see my responses in red above.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi all, I've been following the thread and seeing the comments as concernss the recent delay in conclusion of FSW processing for some applicants. I've also been seeing the reactions, explanations and comments to the issue and request to contact the Canadian Prime Minister, Immigration Minister and signing of petitions. I'll just urge everyone to remain calm and focused as I believe those waiting are bigger than their current circumstances. Canada is not the only country where your life can flourish. I personally tried for US visa lotteries, UK's HSMP which I got but did not renew and even considered Australia's Skilled Worker program. If God says yes, no country can say no.

That being said, I'm reposting an explanation of what entails during Background and Security Checks phase of application processing for the benefit of those who are new to this thread. There's a version by my friend qorax but I've updated it for this thread. Older thread members would have read this before now but perhaps would like a refresher. I've enhanced this with explanations for a lot of Immigration acronyms and jargons. Here goes;

The Background Checks comprises of 2 parts:
The Standard Documentation Checks and the Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks
:
The background check is done at the CHC/VO (CHC is Canadian High Commission) stage. This begins when an applicant's file gets the 1st BFD (BFD means Bring Forward Date) by the VO. This leads to the e-CAS update/status "In Process". All documents have been reviewed and an applicant's NOC have been checked against the MI - Ministerial Instructions. If the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Experience, Qualifications, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If an applicant's case file is well presented and the attachments logically/sequentially arranged with appreciable quality/quantity, adequate POF documents etc., the review officer may make the discretionary call of not contacting an applicant's employers, supervisors or senior colleagues indicated on reference letters etc. The case officers are allowed to make this judgement call towards quick dispensing and conclusion of this phase. However, where there are any concerns, they may likely request for additional documents, to support their decision to approve a file for next phase. That is why some of you get additional documents requests which can include pictures of the applicant in their employer's place of business, business registration documents, copies of tax filings and calling your supervisor, checking your LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. In extreme cases, the applicant may receive physical Interview request.

This checking phase can run from three to 8 months but some may expereince longer waits. As I always say, all applications are different so don't measure your progress with your friend, NOC mate or colleagues file. When satisfied, the application progresses to the Medical Request stage, where most of you jump for joy to go to hospital! eCAs status will remain as 'In Process' at this point. When the medical results are received at London (they all pass through London), eCAs will be updated to "Medicals received".

The Security & Criminality Checks:
The other part of the background check is the 'Security Check'. THis begins after an applicant's (ans his family members) medical results are submitted to the CHC/VO by the panel physicians through the eMedical electronic system. Please note the physician does not make the final decision about the medical examination, this lies with CIC.
The security check is a serious and major phase that concerns wether we can be allowed Canadian territory considering Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition and perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. Those of you that like to go on Facebook/Twitter and make certain negative posts/comments about your country/government, let me just say it is not wise.

The Security Check is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & contacting our Local Police Authorities which is Force HQ at Alagbon, Lagos. Some of the issues considered at this phase include the number of countries an appliant and/or family members have visited, applicants coming from or visiting 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (people with training with arms/paramilitary), prolonged stay in a country without sufficient documents to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (your name will be run through Anti-money laundering/Anti Terrorist financing databases), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If an applicant scales this phase positively, the file progresses the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the file goes into a 'spin'. This means they may engage our local Police/CID agencies or private investigators. The outcome/timeframe of this enhanced check is beyond the control of CIC, it's up to the local police to conclude. So this affects the timeframe and nothing can rush it, not even 20 GCMS/CSEs that one may send. Please note, at this stage of enhaced security check, an applicant may be invited for an Interview.

Once an applicant receives positive security clearance, the applicant receives the PPR mail, eCAs is updated to "Decision made". If nothing negative turns up from residual checks, the passports are stamped with the PR visas.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage -1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps + Processing Fees to CIO-Nova Scotia > Qualitative Check > Issuance of AOR >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Transfer of Applicant file to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check + PSDEC (This means Paper Screening Decision) > Background Check > Issuance of Additional documents Request (if required) > 1st BFD > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Additional Documents > Issuance of Medical Request + RPRF > 2nd BFD >

Stage -3: Medical results Sent > e-Cas update: "Medical Results Recieved." > Issuance of PPR > Passports received > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas update: "Decision Made"

Stage -4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s + COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas update: "Completed".

Please note every step outlined above was verified against information sources publicly released by the Canadian government, Immigration ministry, CIC and open sources on the Internet so it's a compendium of my information gathering and research since 2011. People are free to Google and do their own research.

It's a bright, sunny day in Mississauga right now with great temperatures across Ontario. The outlook is that we will get little snow this year and it's going to be a warm Christamas. Shout out to my people Kollins, KSA and Frances freezing their asses off in Calgary, Alberta with heavy snow. Frances my sis, you know God is still on vacation here in Toronto :p

All the best to you all across Canada and in Nigeria, seasons greetings from Pipi and I :)

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, I've been following the thread and seeing the comments as concernss the recent delay in conclusion of FSW processing for some applicants. I've also been seeing the reactions, explanations and comments to the issue and request to contact the Canadian Prime Minister, Immigration Minister and signing of petitions. I'll just urge everyone to remain calm and focused as I believe those waiting are bigger than their current circumstances. Canada is not the only country where your life can flourish. I personally tried for US visa lotteries, UK's HSMP which I got but did not renew and even considered Australia's Skilled Worker program. If God says yes, no country can say no.

That being said, I'm reposting an explanation of what entails during Background and Security Checks phase of application processing for the benefit of those who are new to this thread. There's a version by my friend qorax but I've updated it for this thread. Older thread members would have read this before now but perhaps would like a refresher. I've enhanced this with explanations for a lot of Immigration acronyms and jargons. Here goes;

:
The background check is done at the CHC/VO (CHC is Canadian High Commission) stage. This begins when an applicant's file gets the 1st BFD (BFD means Bring Forward Date) by the VO. This leads to the e-CAS update/status "In Process". All documents have been reviewed and an applicant's NOC have been checked against the MI - Ministerial Instructions. If the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Experience, Qualifications, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If an applicant's case file is well presented and the attachments logically/sequentially arranged with appreciable quality/quantity, adequate POF documents etc., the review officer may make the discretionary call of not contacting an applicant's employers, supervisors or senior colleagues indicated on reference letters etc. The case officers are allowed to make this judgement call towards quick dispensing and conclusion of this phase. However, where there are any concerns, they may likely request for additional documents, to support their decision to approve a file for next phase. That is why some of you get additional documents requests which can include pictures of the applicant in their employer's place of business, business registration documents, copies of tax filings and calling your supervisor, checking your LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. In extreme cases, the applicant may receive physical Interview request.

This checking phase can run from three to 8 months but some may expereince longer waits. As I always say, all applications are different so don't measure your progress with your friend, NOC mate or colleagues file. When satisfied, the application progresses to the Medical Request stage, where most of you jump for joy to go to hospital! eCAs status will remain as 'In Process' at this point. When the medical results are received at London (they all pass through London), eCAs will be updated to "Medicals received".

The other part of the background check is the 'Security Check'. THis begins after an applicant's (ans his family members) medical results are submitted to the CHC/VO by the panel physicians through the eMedical electronic system. Please note the physician does not make the final decision about the medical examination, this lies with CIC.
The security check is a serious and major phase that concerns wether we can be allowed Canadian territory considering Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition and perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. Those of you that like to go on Facebook/Twitter and make certain negative posts/comments about your country/government, let me just say it is not wise.

The Security Check is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & contacting our Local Police Authorities which is Force HQ at Alagbon, Lagos. Some of the issues considered at this phase include the number of countries an appliant and/or family members have visited, applicants coming from or visiting 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (people with training with arms/paramilitary), prolonged stay in a country without sufficient documents to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (your name will be run through Anti-money laundering/Anti Terrorist financing databases), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If an applicant scales this phase positively, the file progresses the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the file goes into a 'spin'. This means they may engage our local Police/CID agencies or private investigators. The outcome/timeframe of this enhanced check is beyond the control of CIC, it's up to the local police to conclude. So this affects the timeframe and nothing can rush it, not even 20 GCMS/CSEs that one may send. Please note, at this stage of enhaced security check, an applicant may be invited for an Interview.

Once an applicant receives positive security clearance, the applicant receives the PPR mail, eCAs is updated to "Decision made". If nothing negative turns up from residual checks, the passports are stamped with the PR visas.

Stage -1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps + Processing Fees to CIO-Nova Scotia > Qualitative Check > Issuance of AOR >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Transfer of Applicant file to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check + PSDEC (This means Paper Screening Decision) > Background Check > Issuance of Additional documents Request (if required) > 1st BFD > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Additional Documents > Issuance of Medical Request + RPRF > 2nd BFD >

Stage -3: Medical results Sent > e-Cas update: "Medical Results Recieved." > Issuance of PPR > Passports received > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas update: "Decision Made"

Stage -4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s + COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas update: "Completed".

Please note every step outlined above was verified against information sources publicly released by the Canadian government, Immigration ministry, CIC and open sources on the Internet so it's a compendium of my information gathering and research since 2011. People are free to Google and do their own research.

It's a bright, sunny day in Mississauga right now with great temperatures across Ontario. The outlook is that we will get little snow this year and it's going to be a warm Christamas. Shout out to my people Kollins, KSA and Frances freezing their asses off in Calgary, Alberta with heavy snow. Frances my sis, you know God is still on vacation here in Toronto :p

All the best to you all across Canada and in Nigeria, seasons greetings from Pipi and I :)
PH thanks for refreshing our memories on this. God bless u

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Pipis Husband said:

:

Thanks PH for your normal doses of 'as usual' insights from you. Kindly send our regards to Pipi.

Jolarge

Oct 10, 2015
Thanks pip is husband quite refreshing I share your view and I hope we can all learn to be patient and focus on gathering POF while waiting

XCEXX

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
Pipis Husband said:

:

Thanks PH. This is a great relief and quenches the sense of hopelessnes in me on this FSWP. Medical received since early July but nothing till now.
Anyways, I am hoping for good news before end of December.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.