Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You so Much .

Please does this procedure apply to PNP Nominees ?

I know the back ground / Security check will be done on us , but do we still go through this profile checks such as linked in , facebook , employment , POF check etc even though we have gone through that at the provincial level?

Thanks

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thanks much bros! Missed it the first time, so very glad you've posted it again... Knowledge sure is power! One more harmattan cannot be a bad thing, he he. Our regards to Pipi and the Mississauga peeps :)

Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, I've been following the thread and seeing the comments as concernss the recent delay in conclusion of FSW processing for some applicants. I've also been seeing the reactions, explanations and comments to the issue and request to contact the Canadian Prime Minister, Immigration Minister and signing of petitions. I'll just urge everyone to remain calm and focused as I believe those waiting are bigger than their current circumstances. Canada is not the only country where your life can flourish. I personally tried for US visa lotteries, UK's HSMP which I got but did not renew and even considered Australia's Skilled Worker program. If God says yes, no country can say no.

That being said, I'm reposting an explanation of what entails during Background and Security Checks phase of application processing for the benefit of those who are new to this thread. There's a version by my friend qorax but I've updated it for this thread. Older thread members would have read this before now but perhaps would like a refresher. I've enhanced this with explanations for a lot of Immigration acronyms and jargons. Here goes;

The Background Checks comprises of 2 parts:
The Standard Documentation Checks and the Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks
:
The background check is done at the CHC/VO (CHC is Canadian High Commission) stage. This begins when an applicant's file gets the 1st BFD (BFD means Bring Forward Date) by the VO. This leads to the e-CAS update/status "In Process". All documents have been reviewed and an applicant's NOC have been checked against the MI - Ministerial Instructions. If the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Experience, Qualifications, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If an applicant's case file is well presented and the attachments logically/sequentially arranged with appreciable quality/quantity, adequate POF documents etc., the review officer may make the discretionary call of not contacting an applicant's employers, supervisors or senior colleagues indicated on reference letters etc. The case officers are allowed to make this judgement call towards quick dispensing and conclusion of this phase. However, where there are any concerns, they may likely request for additional documents, to support their decision to approve a file for next phase. That is why some of you get additional documents requests which can include pictures of the applicant in their employer's place of business, business registration documents, copies of tax filings and calling your supervisor, checking your LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. In extreme cases, the applicant may receive physical Interview request.

This checking phase can run from three to 8 months but some may expereince longer waits. As I always say, all applications are different so don't measure your progress with your friend, NOC mate or colleagues file. When satisfied, the application progresses to the Medical Request stage, where most of you jump for joy to go to hospital! eCAs status will remain as 'In Process' at this point. When the medical results are received at London (they all pass through London), eCAs will be updated to "Medicals received".

The Security & Criminality Checks:
The other part of the background check is the 'Security Check'. THis begins after an applicant's (ans his family members) medical results are submitted to the CHC/VO by the panel physicians through the eMedical electronic system. Please note the physician does not make the final decision about the medical examination, this lies with CIC.
The security check is a serious and major phase that concerns wether we can be allowed Canadian territory considering Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition and perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. Those of you that like to go on Facebook/Twitter and make certain negative posts/comments about your country/government, let me just say it is not wise.

The Security Check is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & contacting our Local Police Authorities which is Force HQ at Alagbon, Lagos. Some of the issues considered at this phase include the number of countries an appliant and/or family members have visited, applicants coming from or visiting 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (people with training with arms/paramilitary), prolonged stay in a country without sufficient documents to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (your name will be run through Anti-money laundering/Anti Terrorist financing databases), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If an applicant scales this phase positively, the file progresses the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the file goes into a 'spin'. This means they may engage our local Police/CID agencies or private investigators. The outcome/timeframe of this enhanced check is beyond the control of CIC, it's up to the local police to conclude. So this affects the timeframe and nothing can rush it, not even 20 GCMS/CSEs that one may send. Please note, at this stage of enhaced security check, an applicant may be invited for an Interview.

Once an applicant receives positive security clearance, the applicant receives the PPR mail, eCAs is updated to "Decision made". If nothing negative turns up from residual checks, the passports are stamped with the PR visas.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage -1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps + Processing Fees to CIO-Nova Scotia > Qualitative Check > Issuance of AOR >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Transfer of Applicant file to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check + PSDEC (This means Paper Screening Decision) > Background Check > Issuance of Additional documents Request (if required) > 1st BFD > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Additional Documents > Issuance of Medical Request + RPRF > 2nd BFD >

Stage -3: Medical results Sent > e-Cas update: "Medical Results Recieved." > Issuance of PPR > Passports received > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas update: "Decision Made"

Stage -4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s + COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas update: "Completed".

Please note every step outlined above was verified against information sources publicly released by the Canadian government, Immigration ministry, CIC and open sources on the Internet so it's a compendium of my information gathering and research since 2011. People are free to Google and do their own research.

It's a bright, sunny day in Mississauga right now with great temperatures across Ontario. The outlook is that we will get little snow this year and it's going to be a warm Christamas. Shout out to my people Kollins, KSA and Frances freezing their asses off in Calgary, Alberta with heavy snow. Frances my sis, you know God is still on vacation here in Toronto :p

All the best to you all across Canada and in Nigeria, seasons greetings from Pipi and I :)

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
My good people in the house, I greet everyone. I have always been here but silently following all the happenings.

God has favoured my family by overturning the negative decision of the visa officer that reviewed our file and issued a refusa earlier in march as you will all recall.

We engaged the services of a Nigerian lawyer based in Canada and appealed the case.

Great people am glad to say the court ruled in our favour and allowed our appeal. The judgement stated that the decision by the visa was unreasonable and hence our case should be redetermined.

What more can I say but to say thanks to God for giving us a second chance. Please people help me give praise to this our awesome God.

I cannot stop without saying a BIG thank you to this house for all your love counsel, guide and prayers.

Thanks to everyone and to mention a few loofy, Ma Ig, Kollins, GentleAndrew,Pipiss husband, Ennex ,The Jacksons and so many of you, I am truely grateful.

I hope this will encourage someone as God is always there for us.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Congratulations Gofame , May the name of the Lord be praised, welcome back on track.

Gofame said:
My good people in the house, I greet everyone. I have always been here but silently following all the happenings.

God has favoured my family by overturning the negative decision of the visa officer that reviewed our file and issued a refusa earlier in march as you will all recall.

We engaged the services of a Nigerian lawyer based in Canada and appealed the case.

Great people am glad to say the court ruled in our favour and allowed our appeal. The judgement stated that the decision by the visa was unreasonable and hence our case should be redetermined.

What more can I say but to say thanks to God for giving us a second chance. Please people help me give praise to this our awesome God.

I cannot stop without saying a BIG thank you to this house for all your love counsel, guide and prayers.

Thanks to everyone and to mention a few loofy, Ma Ig, Kollins, GentleAndrew,Pipiss husband, Ennex ,The Jacksons and so many of you, I am truely grateful.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Gofame said:

This is great news, congrats to you. Its so encouraging. I pray for speedy dispensing of your case, all the best.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gofame said:

Gofame my broda!,

I am indeed overjoyed. Firstly, I want to thank God Almighty through His beloved Son Jesus Christ. Truly, with God nothing is impossible. It is cases like yours that shows the need to exhibit absolute faith in JEHOVAH the Almighty God, and with that, PATIENCE. I can't think of words that express how I feel right now; all I can say again is thank you God for this wonderful news.

We will all make it there by the grace of God.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Gofame said:

Congrats sir, we hope speedy resolution from now on.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Gofame said:

Waooo Big congratulation to you, everything will happen at God appointed time. All the best in the rest of the process

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
Pipis Husband said:
This is great news, congrats to you. Its so encouraging. I pray for speedy dispensing of your case, all the best.
The ever supportive Pipis Husband, I say thank you

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
kuskus said:
Gofame my broda!,

I am indeed overjoyed. Firstly, I want to thank God Almighty through His beloved Son Jesus Christ. Truly, with God nothing is impossible. It is cases like yours that shows the need to exhibit absolute faith in JEHOVAH the Almighty God, and with that, PATIENCE. I can't think of words that express how I feel right now; all I can say again is thank you God for this wonderful news.

We will all make it there by the grace of God.
Kuskus my man, thanks so much. You were always checking on me .I appreciate. We shall all rejoice

calgary family

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Gofame said:

Thank God. ...congratulations

Clerocuzio

Jun 29, 2015
@ GOfame:

This is Great News of the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our sight.
May the subsequent processing be seamless and speedy.

Best regards.