+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Gentlecanadian

Nov 18, 2015
Drealsix said:
Hi Peeps,

Finally i don join the Forum after months of just reading peeps comments, some funny, some harsh, some true.....

I have been in Canada since 2012 as a student and only applied for PR 2014 with couple of friends. They applied October while i did November, for all of them they had the option of choosing Ottawa as their VO and in less than 7months they got PR, i guess after October, the form for PR was updated and the honors was on CIC to transfer applicants to any VO hence i have been on "wait list" with AVO, though in the midst of the "paucity" i got MR, and e-cas update to medicals received, which means AVO is working, maybe slow, and its something i can classify as general because even my friends who landed long ago, either had the PR cards come in late or don't have it yet, my conclusion is no one can authoritatively say why the slow process or break down the stages, fine its explicit on the website but its not "etched in stone".

So in all said, i feel the frustration of people waiting, even though i have a valid work permit here, its still painful and i know how it feels to be waiting for something that determines the shot* for so many other moves.

Finally my advice is if you're coming to T.dot, please be prepared to possibly have a change in career, e no rosy as e look..lol
Different provinces, different spikes*...if you coming to T.daot as i said, consider to start training as a BA/BSA and if you are capable i strongly advise BI, that's serious hotcake now.

Please don't mind my french* or grammar construction if you find any error, i just wan encourage people this morning to calm down and no allow anybody dey form Vadam, every go pure my people..cheers
God bless your soul my person.....realistic but soothing talk.My sibbling is over there,she just got her citizenship n she has warned me to prepare for a career change.She told me to get ready to go back to school too for a certificate or diploma course...Thanks again for your words of encouragement at this period of wait....e no easy but e go end in praise soon by God's grace.Happy weekend my people.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
The 22nd draw for Canadian immigration through the Express Entry selection system has been performed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on December 4, 2015. A total of 1,451 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for Canadian permanent residence were issued to candidates with 461 or more Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points. All the best to those in the pool who can scale through and will receive ITA.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
2 more draws to go under Express entry in the year 2015.
This could happen by 11 Dec/ 18 Dec/ 25 Dec.
Good luck to all the potential applicants.

Iphyo

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
7-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
My Peeps,

It has happened o!... My Family and I have entered the Promised Land. Wow the land is indeed beautiful, serene and though covered in white snow, GREEN!!!!

On the 2nd of December we boarded a Turkish Air Flight to Toronto with 1 stop in Istanbul. It is commendable to note that they charge 50% of Return Ticket for a One- way flight( Pocket Friendly). Their hospitality is quite good especially on the Istanbul - Toronto leg where we were given priority because we were traveling with our three children.

On getting to Toronto, All the officers we met were especially warm and helpful. At the Declaration stage, They were only interested in the quantity of food stuffs and if their meat and fish products. Since we were within the rules, the process didn't take up to five mins. We proceeded to the Immigration Section where the interviewing officer was so warm and respectful, even taking out time to play with our children.

All He wanted to know was if we had up to C$10,000 cash in our possession. He didn't even ask for POF nor did he stress in anyway at all. Next he asked for the address to send the PR Card to but I wasn't sure of the address and there was no way i could call to confirm it since I hadn't gotten a Canadian line. He offered to call using their phone but our host didn't pick so he asked to fill online when we arrived at our destination which is Edmonton Alberta. Next I heard was " From Today you are now a PR of Canada". Only then did I realize we were doing our landing which took tops 5mins...amidst cracking jokes about my children!!!! THIS KIND GOD....I no Understand am o!!

We did a few other registrations and everywhere we went we were warmly received with smiles, welcomes and words of encouragement..." Are Canadians this nice or is that we were favored by God?"....I am so loving it!! By the time we were done it was too late to catch any flight. PS: It is advisable to book for a flight to your final destination in Canada probably at the same time you're booking flight from Nigeria. However, put into consideration the time for immigration processes so that you don't miss it.

We proceeded to Air Canada stand to book a flight to Edmonton for next morning and the personnel we met was just too good. He took it upon himself to ensure that we had the best deal and he even had run quite a distance after us three times to inform us on the best option. He also referred us to the Travel Assistance Stand where we were assisted to get a family room for five in a 4-star hotel for C$65 inclusive of breakfast(buffet) , to and fro shuttle from the airport using their platform....

Next morning (Thursday) we were dropped off at the airport where we took a 4hr 30 mins direct flight from Toronto to Edmonton. It was snowing everywhere yet everyone we met was saying the weather was warm and beautiful at -3C...Na wah O!

Friday Morning, we were off to Service Canada for SIN, Alberta Health Care and Child Care Tax benefits registrations. My dears...This land is so organized and has so many benefits that are inconceivable in other countries. They even give free mattresses to newcomers!!!
Monday Morning Am off again to Service Canada to learn more about the benefits as ignorance can actually make you miss out on a lot of things.

That's all for now I will keep all of us who are coming to Alberta posted on the benefits because here if you snooze.....You LOOSE!!!

I know without a shadow of doubt that for all of us on this platform it will SURELY end in praise!!!!!!!!!

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Iphyo said:
My Peeps,

It has happened o!... My Family and I have entered the Promised Land. Wow the land is indeed beautiful, serene and though covered in white snow, GREEN!!!!

On the 2nd of December we boarded a Turkish Air Flight to Toronto with 1 stop in Istanbul. It is commendable to note that they charge 50% of Return Ticket for a One- way flight( Pocket Friendly). Their hospitality is quite good especially on the Istanbul - Toronto leg where we were given priority because we were traveling with our three children.

On getting to Toronto, All the officers we met were especially warm and helpful. At the Declaration stage, They were only interested in the quantity of food stuffs and if their meat and fish products. Since we were within the rules, the process didn't take up to five mins. We proceeded to the Immigration Section where the interviewing officer was so warm and respectful, even taking out time to play with our children.

All He wanted to know was if we had up to C$10,000 cash in our possession. He didn't even ask for POF nor did he stress in anyway at all. Next he asked for the address to send the PR Card to but I wasn't sure of the address and there was no way i could call to confirm it since I hadn't gotten a Canadian line. He offered to call using their phone but our host didn't pick so he asked to fill online when we arrived at our destination which is Edmonton Alberta. Next I heard was " From Today you are now a PR of Canada". Only then did I realize we were doing our landing which took tops 5mins...amidst cracking jokes about my children!!!! THIS KIND GOD....I no Understand am o!!

We did a few other registrations and everywhere we went we were warmly received with smiles, welcomes and words of encouragement..." Are Canadians this nice or is that we were favored by God?"....I am so loving it!! By the time we were done it was too late to catch any flight. PS: It is advisable to book for a flight to your final destination in Canada probably at the same time you're booking flight from Nigeria. However, put into consideration the time for immigration processes so that you don't miss it.

We proceeded to Air Canada stand to book a flight to Edmonton for next morning and the personnel we met was just too good. He took it upon himself to ensure that we had the best deal and he even had run quite a distance after us three times to inform us on the best option. He also referred us to the Travel Assistance Stand where we were assisted to get a family room for five in a 4-star hotel for C$65 inclusive of breakfast(buffet) , to and fro shuttle from the airport using their platform....

Next morning (Thursday) we were dropped off at the airport where we took a 4hr 30 mins direct flight from Toronto to Edmonton. It was snowing everywhere yet everyone we met was saying the weather was warm and beautiful at -3C...Na wah O!

Friday Morning, we were off to Service Canada for SIN, Alberta Health Care and Child Care Tax benefits registrations. My dears...This land is so organized and has so many benefits that are inconceivable in other countries. They even give free mattresses to newcomers!!!
Monday Morning Am off again to Service Canada to learn more about the benefits as ignorance can actually make you miss out on a lot of things.

That's all for now I will keep all of us who are coming to Alberta posted on the benefits because here if you snooze.....You LOOSE!!!

I know without a shadow of doubt that for all of us on this platform it will SURELY end in praise!!!!!!!!!
Congrats bro

superzee

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2015
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
Iphyo said:
My Peeps,

Congratulations Iphyo. I rejoice with you and your family.

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
CONGRATS IPHYO

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Iphyo said:
My Peeps,

Congratulations and welcome to Canada

BigDon

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/12/2014
Doc's Request.
14/09/15
Nomination.....
19 febuary,2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
19/02/2015
Med's Request
14/09/15
Med's Done....
21/09/15
LANDED..........
2016 By GOD's grace
Iphyo said:
My Peeps,

Big congrats to you & family.It has ended in praise for you.May GOD guide you in your new country.I sent you a PM,pls respond. Cheers.

calgary family

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Iphyo said:
My Peeps,

congratulations bro

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Iphyo said:
My Peeps,

Na wah O!

Congratulations Ifeoma, welcome to Canada.

seunmsl7

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
3rd June 2015 Request for new born Addition
Nomination.....
3rd Feb 2015
AOR Received.
24th Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
File Transfer...
19 th Feb 2015
Med's Request
14th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
29th Sept 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
9th Sept 2016

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Iphyo said:
My Peeps,

congrats on your safe landing Ifeoma

Pastor Daniel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Congrats Iphyo. It's the Lord's doing.... enjoy Canada.

Iphyo said:
My Peeps,