+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 - NOC 2174 (Computer Programmers and media develpers) LETS CONNECT HERE

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
vgkish said:
Hi All,
Finally I sent my application yesterday. Its likely to reach CIC by 1st Aug. It wud be a miracle if I come in the CAP !! Hoping for the best :D
Great, My application just reached CIO - NS

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Hi Everyone,

This is a wonderful forum and thanks to all for sharing their experience.

I have a couple of queries as I am gearing up for applying under 2174. I know it is very late and probably I won't be able to make it because I don't have even a single document with me yet. But anyways let me give it a shot.

My queries are:

1. I have a Canadian B.E degree. Do I still need to go thru ECA?
2. As I have spent close to 5 years in Canada, do I still need to go thru IELTS? I had applied for Canadian immigration in 2005 and never heard back from them but at that time they had that if anyone who has spent 4 years in an English speaking nation then he/she would get English test exemption. Is that the case even now too?
3. What do you guys think when 300 cap will be over? Just 2 days back it was 50 and now it is 120.

Regards,
Monu

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
gimmenergy said:
No
gimmenergy said:
2. As I have spent close to 5 years in Canada, do I still need to go thru IELTS? I had applied for Canadian immigration in 2005 and never heard back from them but at that time they had that if anyone who has spent 4 years in an English speaking nation then he/she would get English test exemption. Is that the case even now too?
You will need to do an English test such as IELTS - sorry! (I'm English and I don't get out of it either)
gimmenergy said:
3. What do you guys think when 300 cap will be over? Just 2 days back it was 50 and now it is 120.
Nobody really knows. It could be full right now. If you don't have your English test yet then realistically you should be planning for next year.

Vel_BG

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2013
Nomination.....
(PER): 22-07-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
...soon
@loncan, maybe it's a little bit drifting away from the topic, but how come you are English and immigrate to Canada? I mean, don't you guys just "go" whenever you like there?

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
Vel_BG said:
@ loncan, maybe it's a little bit drifting away from the topic, but how come you are English and immigrate to Canada? I mean, don't you guys just "go" whenever you like there?
@ Vel_BG - I can visit without needing a visa, but right to reside and work still needs PR or Work Permit.

Vel_BG

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
...soon
loncan said:
@ Vel_BG - I can visit without needing a visa, but right to reside and work still needs PR or Work Permit.
Got it!

nithin700

Dec 1, 2011
Hello All,

Please forgive me if i am asking stupid question.. :) . When sending the supporting documents to CICS it should be attested document or just a normal copy of the original document.

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
loncan said:
Nobody really knows. It could be full right now. If you don't have your English test yet then realistically you should be planning for next year.
Thanks Loncan for your reply. Because this code may not appear again, so I just want to try my luck this time around. :)

Anyone has having any clue whether this same code will appear next time too. I hope to be better prepared next time.

Vel_BG

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
...soon
nithin700 said:
Hello All,

Please forgive me if i am asking stupid question.. :) . When sending the supporting documents to CICS it should be attested document or just a normal copy of the original document.
Which one is your question about?
And simply put, just follow the document checklist and the instruction guide.

kewlCanada

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
Please dont take me wrong or pessimistic or misguiding you , at this stage when one week of August already over, there is no point in applying for 2174 occupation.
180+ people have already applied in this forum and many of have already got +ve response , tally for CIC website is 120.
So its almost No chance for you , as the total competed application to be accepted is only 300.

Prepare your documents for the FSW 2104 i.e next year .
Best of luck.!!

gimmenergy said:
Hi Everyone,

This is a wonderful forum and thanks to all for sharing their experience.

I have a couple of queries as I am gearing up for applying under 2174. I know it is very late and probably I won't be able to make it because I don't have even a single document with me yet. But anyways let me give it a shot.

My queries are:

Regards,
Monu

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
kewlCanada said:
Please dont take me wrong or pessimistic or misguiding you , at this stage when one week of August already over, there is no point in applying for 2174 occupation.
180+ people have already applied in this forum and many of have already got +ve response , tally for CIC website is 120.
So its almost No chance for you , as the total competed application to be accepted is only 300.

Prepare your documents for the FSW 2104 i.e next year .
Best of luck.!!
I complete agree with you but there is no harm in applying especially when there is little or no chance of this code appearing again in 2014.

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Hi All,

I have a query regarding experience letters.

In my experience letters I am showing all the responsibilities as they are shown in Canadian immigration website (I have just added my technology keywords in there). I hope it is fine and copy pasting won't harm.

What do you guys suggest?

Regards,
Monu

Vel_BG

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
...soon
Hi Monu, I'm not sure I can fully answer your question, but I have another one for you. Are you currently located in Canada? I'm asking because as kewlCanada explained you are most probably too late, BUT if you can talk some employer into providing you a valid (for CIC) job offer then you simply don't care about caps and nocs. However you still have to take IELTS, as it is now part of the eligibility requirements. ;)

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Vel_BG said:
Hi Monu, I'm not sure I can fully answer your question, but I have another one for you. Are you currently located in Canada? I'm asking because as kewlCanada explained you are most probably too late, BUT if you can talk some employer into providing you a valid (for CIC) job offer then you simply don't care about caps and nocs. However you still have to take IELTS, as it is now part of the eligibility requirements. ;)
No I am not in Canada anymore. Also I don't have offer from there. neither I would like to make it up because it may backfire.

I am just trying it out because it is not coming at a major cost.

If you know about it then could you please comment on the work experience query that I have above. thanks.

thanks,
monu

punjabikudi

Aug 4, 2013
Hi Frnds

iam new in this form....I need ur Help...
i wanna apply FSW category .....i am BCA.computer Engineer.
how can i apply or .......which NOC i can apply.....or 2nd For Education evaluatione else where to apply WES or sme where Else.....
is dat Complusery to University Exam controller will sign on marksheet or send to WES office.