+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 - NOC 2174 (Computer Programmers and media develpers) LETS CONNECT HERE

adapacc

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
30-07-2013
Med's Request
DEC 22 AND MY BABY MED REQUEST FEB 14
Med's Done....
JAN 7 AND BABY FEB 18
Passport Req..
DEC 22
Hi,

I have just checked and found that so far 15 out of 300 applications for the category 2174 has been accepted.

As per my courier status, my application has reached CIC i.e. may 10 th 2013 morning for this category.

Could anyone tell what are my chances to get into the 300 mark ?

when can i get file number??
Thanks.

nishi123

Jun 28, 2013
Can someone explain if software test automation engineer position qualifies for 2174. I was doing Test automation coding as well as performance Test in javascript.

2174 - Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers

Computer programmers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for microcomputer and mainframe software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software. Interactive media developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet applications, computer-based training software, computer games, film, video and other interactive media. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.

Computer programmers perform some or all of the following duties

Write, modify, integrate and test software code
Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very good chances...maybe CC ( if this was your payment type) en-cashed by mid to late next week and UCI number about 19-10 days later, is the current trend

darkman1987

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent
adapacc said:
Hi,

I have just checked and found that so far 15 out of 300 applications for the category 2174 has been accepted.

As per my courier status, my application has reached CIC i.e. may 10 th 2013 morning for this category.

Could anyone tell what are my chances to get into the 300 mark ?

when can i get file number?
Thanks.

Your chances are very high to be in the Cap provided you have a complete application sent.

vraja

Jul 6, 2013
Can you please let me know the steps you have followed to get the required documents and attestation from JNTU Hyderabad.

vgkish

Jun 15, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
Hi
I have 5+ yrs as developer. But only 2+ yrs in the last 10 yrs. After which i'm a home maker. Will the cic consider my application ?

vpfsw

Star Member
May 28, 2013
islandbabe, how about the noc 2174 whose applications received on may 22? what do you think?

MKV4CANADA

Jul 24, 2013
Dear All,

I was in US for some time and so I need to get a PCC from there...I am in Hyderabad currently. So I have to take a fingerprint in FD-258 and send to FBI...From where I can take Fingerprints ? Can any one help (It can be any local finger printing agency or Law enforcement)..

Thank you

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
I have submitted my complete application today, Application within Canada and I guess it would reach before Monday 29th July. Still the cap of 300 did not fill ? The status updated in the website really reflecting the current trend with a week or so's delay or very old ? Will there be any communication when the application is looked into ? At what stage will I get the communication. Thanks.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
bethanasame said:
I have submitted my complete application today, Application within Canada and I guess it would reach before Monday 29th July. Still the cap of 300 did not fill ? The status updated in the website really reflecting the current trend with a week or so's delay or very old ? Will there be any communication when the application is looked into ? At what stage will I get the communication. Thanks.
I suggest checking the FAQ here: http://fswp2013.wordpress.com/

Basically you are not likely to hear anything for a couple of months. The chances of getting in the cap for 2174 aren't great but aren't impossible either, we'll know more when CIC put a date against their cap updates.

BTW Do post your details to the main FSWP 2013 thread to be included in the spreadsheet, it'll help predict when things happen: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t146774.0.html

All the best

Canadishianer

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
Hi Team,

Like all m also an aspirant to migrate Canada for good...
I also did the filing in the month of May-2013, already got PER couple of days ago !

Does anyone have an idea about Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) ?

When exactly one can apply there to join the newcomers orientation program in India ?

I heard it helps a lot settling down as a new immigrant in Canada..!!!

Would highly appreciate if someone has some related re-search done on it and would not mind sharing it...

Cheers,

:) :) :)

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
I have received per last month. I guess we should start working on how to find a job there.

Has anyone started inquiry on that front?

I uploaded my resume on monster.ca but i never seriously followed it up. I am planning to brush up my interview skills and start reading.

vgkish

Jun 15, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
Hi All,
Finally I sent my application yesterday. Its likely to reach CIC by 1st Aug. It wud be a miracle if I come in the CAP !! Hoping for the best :D

lillysilly

Jul 8, 2013
Hi everyone,

Feels like I am a bit late on application, still getting my documents together.

Can someone guide me with WES documents. I am a BE from Mumbai university.

Do I need both 1)academic transcript from my collage and 2)attested marksheet from university in sealed envelope? Or is it just one of the two that I require to send to WES?

Anyone from Mumbai unversity who knows where & how to get the attestation from?

Thanks
Lilly

IshuRaj

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Nomination.....
PER Recd: 22-July-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Clickitt said:
Anybody from NOC 2174
Hi

I am 2174. and I am in the FSW 2013 forum also.I have recd my PER and my file is on the way to my local VO.

Thanks