+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 - NOC 2174 (Computer Programmers and media develpers) LETS CONNECT HERE

needpr

Jun 6, 2013
sunnytheshine said:
Documents checklist for single applicant :-

*Education documents (Got Colored Copies of Bachelors degree and mark sheets, 10th and 12th marksheets and certificates NOTARIZED).
*Work Exp. (copies of Letter of Reference with HR business card. NOTARIZED).
*Age (colored copy of birth certificate. NOTARIZED).
*Travel Document(colored copy of Passport. NOTARIZED).
*Photos(6 Pics as per cic norms with name and birthdate written on back).
*Address labels (2 sticky labels with my address printed on it.) (I did it myself printing and other stuff ;) )
*Envelop (As per cic norms )
*Funds Proof (one month Bank statements with bank stamp and signature and copies of 2 fd's with stamp and signature by bank).
* IELTS (Original )
* WES report(waiting for it may be get it till next week).
*$550 (Demand Draft)
*FSW 2013 FORMS(printed on bond paper)

Hope will help others
Please correct me if i have missed something. :)
Is it mandaorty to print the forms on Bond Paper? Is there any specific requirement from CIC regarding this?

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
nithyaindia said:
Hi All,

I am applying under 2174, I have few question kindly clarify the same.

1. I got ECA report from WES, Whether I need to attach original transcripts along with the application to CIC-Canada??
2. I am not having Birth certificate, Can I submit the affidavit from Notary for the same.
3. Any idea when the cap can be reached for 2174 Job code.

Experting your valuable answers.

Thanks,
Nithya
1. Copies of transcripts are fine when accompanied by the original ECA report
2. I don't know this one - but there are a few threads on this forum about how to get them, school leaving certificate alternative etc - just search the forum for "Birth Certificate" to see these
3. Probably already full, so if it is going to cost you money to get more documents I wouldn't bother. That said if everything is pretty much ready you might as well try (as I have)

J

nithyaindia

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO File Transfered toColombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2014
Nomination.....
19-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
11-06-2015
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Please let me know whether it is mandatory to send transcripts along with the application form to CIC-Canada.
Because I have take only one transcript which I have already sent to WES for Evaluvation.

Your Suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
Nithya

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
nithyaindia said:
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Please let me know whether it is mandatory to send transcripts along with the application form to CIC-Canada.
Because I have take only one transcript which I have already sent to WES for Evaluvation.

Your Suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
Nithya
The checklist says:

Proof of your completed Canadian or foreign educational credential(s) can include copies of your:
. secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees), and
. transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.

To me that says they would like your transcripts (albeit copies).
Given that it does say "if available", and given the likelihood of the CAP being full, you might decide to take a chance on sending without a transcript.

nep123

Jun 13, 2013
Hi ,

I'm confused with the application status shown in the spreadsheet. In the NOC 2174 the # of apps in the NOC Stats sheet is 62. But when I checked the Application Received by NOC sheet , the ststus is Total : 56 Global: 800 Accepted: 640.

I am thinking to apply under this. Need suggestions

Thanks

2013fsw2174

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
nithyaindia said:
Hi All,

I am applying under 2174, I have few question kindly clarify the same.

1. I got ECA report from WES, Whether I need to attach original transcripts along with the application to CIC-Canada??
To my knowledge only copies of marklists are required
2. I am not having Birth certificate, Can I submit the affidavit from Notary for the same.
Even I had this problem. My consultant told me that affidavit from notary is sufficient. The affidavit should contain something like. My birth was not regitered and as per my other documents(passport, 10th etc) my dob is so and so
3. Any idea when the cap can be reached for 2174 Job code.
No one in this forum can give a definite answer for this. However since you have gone through the ECA process and if you have IELTS ready then I would recommend you proceed with application

Experting your valuable answers.

Thanks,
Nithya

2013fsw2174

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
nep123 said:
Hi ,

I'm confused with the application status shown in the spreadsheet. In the NOC 2174 the # of apps in the NOC Stats sheet is 62. But when I checked the Application Received by NOC sheet , the ststus is Total : 56 Global: 800 Accepted: 640.

Thanks
I think 62 is the number of applicants in this forum (either app received or in process of sending)
56 is the number of app received for 2174 from users in this forum.
If you have ECA and IELTS completed I would recommend to take a chance by all means.
We never know what is going on in CIC

2013fsw2174

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hi 2174s

I know its very very early for this question. But which city you think has most chances of getting a job in our field.
I have given Toronto in the spreadsheet which was based on suggestions from friends.
Do any other city provide good opportunities in IT?

nep123

Jun 13, 2013
2013fsw2174 said:
I think 62 is the number of applicants in this forum (either app received or in process of sending)
56 is the number of app received for 2174 from users in this forum.
If you have ECA and IELTS completed I would recommend to take a chance by all means.
We never know what is going on in CIC
Actually ECA has already been shipped from WES and will get it by next week. I have also appeared for the IELTS and the results will also be out next week (Hope I will get required score in it). All other documents are ready. I am thinking to apply as soon as I get the results. Do you still think I should apply?

Also is it true that they will refund the application fee if the application is not accepted for some reason?

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
They should return the application to you (refunding any completed payment) if you do not meet the CAP. Other reasons beyond that point might not result in a refund though.

The chances of being within the cap are not good. That said, if you've got all the papers you need then you're only risking a courier fee.

nep123

Jun 13, 2013
loncan said:
They should return the application to you (refunding any completed payment) if you do not meet the CAP. Other reasons beyond that point might not result in a refund though.

The chances of being within the cap are not good. That said, if you've got all the papers you need then you're only risking a courier fee.
Thanks.
I'm ready to risk the courier fee. :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nep123 said:
Hi ,

Thanks
Either way the likely number of applications received by CIC for this NOC is going to be in the region of 1500 to 2500, for a NOC with a 300 cap, when you consider the applicants on our spreadsheet represent only a small % of the worldwide total, going on previous experience during former intakes.

I don't wish to discourage anyone from applying but anyone whose application has not already been received at CIO for several weeks should probably prepare for the fact that they will not make it within the cap.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
loncan said:

Actually you get a full refund I believe right up until processing begins at the visa office.

If your application fails the completeness check (for any reason, not just because the cap is full) they do not even cash the fees.
If you fail either the first eligibility review at CIO, or the second eligibility review at the visa office, then I believe you do get a full refund of the processing fees.

Only once visa office processing starts, after eligibility review, will you be unable to receive any kind of refund. The vast majority of the processing costs I believe are in all the background document checks and security checks which happen at the visa office once in process.

Wayne.

nithyaindia

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO File Transfered toColombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2014
Nomination.....
19-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
11-06-2015
Thanks,

File Reached on 21st June.

PCC : Done for both
IELTS : Done for both
ECA : Attached
File Received by : Mart

Please add me in the list

adapacc

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
30-07-2013
Med's Request
DEC 22 AND MY BABY MED REQUEST FEB 14
Med's Done....
JAN 7 AND BABY FEB 18
Passport Req..
DEC 22
Hi,

I have just checked and found that so far 15 out of 300 applications for the category 2174 has been accepted.

As per my courier status, my application has reached CIC i.e. may 10 th 2013 morning for this category.

Could anyone tell what are my chances to get into the 300 mark ?

when can i get file number?
Thanks.