+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Does anyone know if I arrive at 1 AM (only option I had) this first night will count to the 3-nights stay?
context: I'll arrive on the 18th very early, and I see check in times are from 3 PM. I considered booking the day before, 17th, so I could arrive any time, but then I would like to know if this night that I'll arrive will count as a 3-nights stay, so I could leave on the 20th instead of 21st. Do you guys have any idea? I couldn't contact the government, they never pick up the phone, and the hotel didn't know either... o_O
Dont worry, if you arrive early on 18th your covid tests will be taken early and mostly you receive the results by eod 18th or for sure on the 19th. So just packup and leave as soon as your results arrive, don't mess with the hotel or take them for granted. Even if they tell you that your move out date is after 3days, still they may charge you for a fourth day.

My friend stayed at a hotel from 28th Feb noon to 3rd Mar noon, he was charged with 4 days. Finally after so much effort he got the 4th day refunded. These hotels are nothing but govt authorized looters, so its better to save our skin than to fight.

Last edited:

ljqandy94

Feb 2, 2021
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the hotel qurantine.

My parents are planning to come the end of April and they plan to enter Canada in Toronto. However, we are located at Montreal. My parents' plan is to stay at the hotel but as soon as their test results are out, they want to rent a car and drive to Montreal.

Is this plan feasible? Would the officer at the boarder think it is no good because they might need to stop and fuel the gas?

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the hotel qurantine.

My parents are planning to come the end of April and they plan to enter Canada in Toronto. However, we are located at Montreal. My parents' plan is to stay at the hotel but as soon as their test results are out, they want to rent a car and drive to Montreal.

Is this plan feasible? Would the officer at the boarder think it is no good because they might need to stop and fuel the gas?
It says on the federal website (see below snapshot) that you cannot go into stores/leave the vehicle when travelling from the 3 day quarantine to the 11 day quarantine so if they are cool with driving and just doing drive-thru and paying for gas at the pump then yes, it is allowed. They could also fly from Toronto to Montreal and even though they would see more people and be closer to them somehow this is allowable. (yes, I realize how stupid that sounds). It is pretty ambiguous and really quite stupid that after all this time they have not made the rules more explicit and easy to understand.

----

While you travel, you must wear a non-medical mask and practice physical distancing at all times.

Avoid stops and contact with others while in transit to quarantine:

• Use a private vehicle if possible
  • Remain in the vehicle as much as possible
  • Pay at the pump for gas and use drive through when you need food
  • Wear a suitable non-medical mask at all times unless you are alone in a private vehicle

ljqandy94

Feb 2, 2021
It says on the federal website (see below snapshot) that you cannot go into stores/leave the vehicle when travelling from the 3 day quarantine to the 11 day quarantine so if they are cool with driving and just doing drive-thru and paying for gas at the pump then yes, it is allowed. They could also fly from Toronto to Montreal and even though they would see more people and be closer to them somehow this is allowable. (yes, I realize how stupid that sounds). It is pretty ambiguous and really quite stupid that after all this time they have not made the rules more explicit and easy to understand.

----

While you travel, you must wear a non-medical mask and practice physical distancing at all times.

Avoid stops and contact with others while in transit to quarantine:

• Use a private vehicle if possible
  • Remain in the vehicle as much as possible
  • Pay at the pump for gas and use drive through when you need food
  • Wear a suitable non-medical mask at all times unless you are alone in a private vehicle
Ah I see. I guess at this point they will just try to minimize the stops and maybe just stop if fuel is getting really low. I just feel like driving is better than flying at this point also considering flights can be cancelled. Do you have the website where you quote this information?

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
I am travelling with my friend on 2nd April.. Can we both stay at the same room?

https://www.canada.ca/en/contact/contact-1-800-o-canada/hotel-stayover.html#a1

Can travellers share accommodations? If so, would the price be reduced?

Yes, those who have travelled together, may share accommodation. Room rate will include base room rate plus an additional fee for each additional person staying in the same room.
Hi, my friends asked their school (Seneca College, Toronto) and received reply that unless you are family member, they won't let you quarantine together (3 days and 11 days). They indeed plan to travel together and even rent the same place for 1.5 year to attend course in Seneca. All the information is very vague, and they can reject the quarantine plan at airport so my friends are going to book separately (they are still thinking though). They even postpone their flight to mid April to see if the situation change. The good news is that it seems some colleges give out credits or support for 3 days hotel quarantine fee soon.
If you travel on 2nd April and successfully do the quarantine together, could you please kindly share the experience. It would help others a lot.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hi, my friends asked their school (Seneca College, Toronto) and received reply that unless you are family member, they won't let you quarantine together (3 days and 11 days). They indeed plan to travel together and even rent the same place for 1.5 year to attend course in Seneca. All the information is very vague, and they can reject the quarantine plan at airport so my friends are going to book separately (they are still thinking though). They even postpone their flight to mid April to see if the situation change. The good news is that it seems some colleges give out credits or support for 3 days hotel quarantine fee soon.
If you travel on 2nd April and successfully do the quarantine together, could you please kindly share the experience. It would help others a lot.
I think they can quarantine together as long as they're going to spend 14 days together. It might be a risk for one of them, but it shouldn't bother the authorities as long as they're together the whole time.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
I think they can quarantine together as long as they're going to spend 14 days together. It might be a risk for one of them, but it shouldn't bother the authorities as long as they're together the whole time.
It seems possible but at the same time, I didn't know anyone who tried it before so it's still too risky.
By the way, there is 1 case of legal challenge now. Wonder if it will affect anything but one can hope though.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/legal-challenge-mounted-against-canada-s-federally-mandated-quarantine-hotel-policy-1.5340063

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
It seems possible but at the same time, I didn't know anyone who tried it before so it's still too risky.
By the way, there is 1 case of legal challenge now. Wonder if it will affect anything but one can hope though.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/legal-challenge-mounted-against-canada-s-federally-mandated-quarantine-hotel-policy-1.5340063
Call the CBSA and find out? The call is worth a lot of money. Their line would also not be as jammed as IRCC or the hotel quarantine helpline number.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Call the CBSA and find out? The call is worth a lot of money. Their line would also not be as jammed as IRCC or the hotel quarantine helpline number.
Yeah. Actually, I did ask other friend who is living in Toronto to call CBSA for enquiring. After 3 calls, she did get through but they promptly tell her to try contact Public Health Agency of Canada.
Then she called PHAC but that line was always busy so we gave up.
Then I sent email to them but only receive automatic reply with generic information.
For now, I told my friends to wait for this 3 days thing to cool down first then try to ask again in April.

Reactions: phaijalkhan

Taimoor rana

Feb 17, 2020
Hi everyone!
Can someone plz share a checklist for documents that are being checked at airports and is it necessary to have a travel letter from the university? I am traveling this week so need urgent guidance.
Thanks

FlowerBlossom

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Can anybody tell me which is the best flight in India for Toronto? I am planning to go in April but very confused about which to take because AirIndia is too much expensive.