+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
If I am trying to book a flight for which only 2 days are left, it is pretty cheap, any idea why it is so?
Like if I am looking to fly on 27 March, it is costing me around 1 lakh but if I am looking at 14 March flight, it is only 50k. I am checking this on 12 of March.
My mother recently traveled to usa and in her case also, United was offering very cheap flights for which only 24 hours are left, but when I tried to book the flight, they told me that ticket can not be booked for a flight for which time left for departing is less than 24 hours. Is it the same case here?
Wrong. Advanced booking will always be cheap. I booked for March during January (Air Canada). Saved a lot of money compared to present rates.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Wrong. Advanced booking will always be cheap. I booked for March during January (Air Canada). Saved a lot of money compared to present rates.
Have you checked it?
Even I doubt the same that's why I have asked here. I am asking what I have seen, not something that I have heard of.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Have you checked it?
Even I doubt the same that's why I have asked here. I am asking what I have seen, not something that I have heard of.
Checked right before posting my comment, unfortunately prices have dramatically increased. When they teased this 3 day hotel quarantine back in Feb, Air Canada's tickets rose to nearly 5,000$ to 6,000$ + and reduced back to their normal rates at that month's end. They keep fluctuating.

Last edited:

Huzaifa_Azhar

May 11, 2020
Hello guys

Can you tell me what is the process of payment for hotel booking?
Is credit card necessary? I don't have this
I only have debit card, can I pay the amount through debit card?

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Checked right before posting my comment, unfortunately prices have dramatically increased. When they teased this 3 day hotel quarantine back in Feb, Air Canada's tickets rose to nearly 5,000$ to 6,000$ + and reduced back to their normal rates at that month's end. They keep fluctuating.
https://ibb.co/KK1xypY

Please check the snapshot here. It is showing me INR 58K

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Oil prices have never doubled in 6 months. When you add this into higher operating costs due to Covid it is pretty obvious why airfare has become more expensive.

sridurga

Jul 5, 2019
So tried to check in at the Fairfield. They sent us to Double Tree (I think that's a Hilton sister or so). Non-refundable if you check out earlier and my SIM card is still at Fairfield.
I was 2 hours there before I could finally check into the room. Fairfield sent us to another hotel and this hotel didn't even know we were coming.
At least the price didn't change. 979$ for 3 nights, non-refundable but both covid tests are included.
After I came into the room I found a completely dry meal (toast, eggs and potato slices). Whatever.
Will take a nap now
Hi, I've made a booking at double tree. So can you share your experience at double tree.
Thank you in advance

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Alright folks. I am gonna book a hotel tonight at Toronto for mid April. I am heading for the cheapest. For 2 adults.

Whoever has the latest info on this, please share which hotels are amongst the cheapest? Considering some of them will be booked, want the bottom 3 options.

I am gonna call the helpline anyway and ask the same but thought will get an idea beforehand.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Alright folks. I am gonna book a hotel tonight at Toronto for mid April. I am heading for the cheapest. For 2 adults.

Whoever has the latest info on this, please share which hotels are amongst the cheapest? Considering some of them will be booked, want the bottom 3 options.

I am gonna call the helpline anyway and ask the same but thought will get an idea beforehand.

Comfort inn was the cheapest. But since everyone opts for the same, it might be hard to do a booking there. They were around $330/day for a couple. The next option would be the Marriotts and Holiday Inns at $419/day. The remaining ones like ALT, Four seasons must be more expensive, not sure how much though.

No need to wait on the phone line. Just call the hotel reception directly and say GAA booking. Get a confirmation email, you should be good to go

Ps: All these charges quoted have a 13%+ tax

Last edited:

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
So just a quick question on booking - if we book hotel online then credit card won't be charged unless we go there? Or online booking is prepaid?
Thats a gamble for most of us the credit card wasnt charged until we presented the physical card at the reception. I had 2 bookings myself. But if they are going to fo a full non-refundable booking then yes you might be charged. You can confirm it with the person doing the booking, legally they must inform you when and how much they are going to charge your card before confirming the transaction.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Did you book on phone? My question was regarding online booking, do they book online without charging?

Well, the main concern is that suppose I book for May first week in April last week, they should not charge me if I don't go there in case Govt. guidelines change in May. If they are playing smart by deciding to charge my credit card regardless on the check-in date (without me actually going there), then I'll deactivate my credit card before that date. That'll grab em by the balls. People are looted by the excuse of COVID. Plain and simple. I respect the rules but given people's experiences- cold food, same rooms which were at 120 max per night- doesn't make sense to go as high as 390.

I really hope the legal action is effective.

Its simple just call the hotel reception and tell them you want to do a RESERVATION and not a BOOKING. If they agree to reserve the room then they wont charge you. You can cancel the reservation 24 hrs prior to your arrival and no charges should be made. In my case I had 2 reservations, I cancelled both after arriving in Canada.

Don't worry I believe this Hotel Scam run by the govt is nearing its end soon. There are a heap load of law suits against this illegal cash grab. Just waiting for one law suit to get justice, very next day both PHAC and the hotel will receive my lawsuit for denying my fundamental rights and robbing me under a situational menace

I will surely post my outcome here to spread the awareness