+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, attending classes online. I dont want to spend 1500 CAD more over this atleast 1000 CAD for 3 day quarantine and my grandparents and uncles are there in Toronto. BTW, which university you are going to?
Do you have a separate location like a basement suite? Quarantining with grandparents isn't possible because they are considered vulnerable. Quarantining in a large household with extended family also isn't possible unless you have your own separate are like a basement suite.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One thing to confirm, my final destination is Saskatoon. For now do I have to book the flight until Toronto and as soon as I get the results then I make reservation from YYZ to YXE?
You can make the reservations in advance and assume you will depart on day 3. Would speak to the airline about what happens if you get covid and can't travel. Airlines are being more flexible.

Reactions: YVR123

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can make the reservations in advance and assume you will depart on day 3. Would speak to the airline about what happens if you get covid and can't travel. Airlines are being more flexible.
Make sure they are refundable or change free of charge.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, attending classes online. I dont want to spend 1500 CAD more over this atleast 1000 CAD for 3 day quarantine and my grandparents and uncles are there in Toronto. BTW, which university you are going to?
So why do you need to risk travelling if you can attend classes online? I am not trying to "attack" you. I just want to understand.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Do you have a separate location like a basement suite? Quarantining with grandparents isn't possible because they are considered vulnerable. Quarantining in a large household with extended family also isn't possible unless you have your own separate are like a basement suite.
They do have a basement.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
So why do you need to risk travelling if you can attend classes online? I am not trying to "attack" you. I just want to understand.
Classes starts midnight 2 till 8 in morning. And because of time difference, it is hard to communicate with everyone (professor and fellow mates) and exams are coming in April, so just want to travel before that to cover these things.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They do have a basement.
The basement must have a bathroom and you'll need to remain there without contact with others for 2 weeks. Food can be left outside the door. It is unclear how picky public health is being with large multi-generational households unless this is a separate apartment. Multi-generational large households is one of the targets for public health since this is how covid has spread to many people at one time.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Classes starts midnight 2 till 8 in morning. And because of time difference, it is hard to communicate with everyone (professor and fellow mates) and exams are coming in April, so just want to travel before that to cover these things.
I work from home full time. I do know some coworkers that live in a different time zone and they just have to adjust to the working time instead of their location time. It happens to not only people who work remotely but also to people who needs to work in shifts (adjusting to time that's different from majorities around them).

I understand that you want to take exams in person (if that's available). But there is always the risk of travelling when COVID is affecting everyone.

@YVR123
Online learning is riddled with outcomes such as : anxiety, bad mental health and constant pressure from parents of bonafide students.
Only a student can understand another student's problem.
This is happening to everyone now with COVID. Not just students. We are all just hanging there. btw. pressure from parents won't go away because you move away from them. I can tell you that for sure.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
The basement must have a bathroom and you'll need to remain there without contact with others for 2 weeks. Food can be left outside the door. It is unclear how picky public health is being with large multi-generational households unless this is a separate apartment. Multi-generational large households is one of the targets for public health since this is how covid has spread to many people at one time.
My grand parents quarantined there. It has all facilities. And regarding COVID risk, already vaccinated. :cool:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My grand parents quarantined there. It has all facilities. And regarding COVID risk, already vaccinated. :cool:
Times have changed and public health units have become more strict and there are certain situation that have been targeted to try and prevent spread. Just fyi being vaccinated doesn't mean you are protected from all variants and you aren't protected right after the inoculation. Scientists also haven't figured out if you can be vaccinated and still be a carrier. If they have a separate suite then you should be fine.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
For individuals wanting to land in Toronto, the Holiday Inn at 970 Dixon Road, Rexdale, Toronto, Ontario M9W1J9 appears to make sense cost-wise. I called them just a moment ago, and the price per night for a family of five like mine is $139CAD, including shuttle service from the airport. Only breakfast meal plan, though. Three night is $417CAD with refundable option of not using the three days in case the test result came out earlier. I think this is a good deal.
They are even ready to book for me for late April booking(the 48 hr only booking not an ish here..lol), but I had to tell the individual that I called to make inquiries first.

Reactions: Ppun and t.135

AbAmk

Oct 16, 2020
Finally booked abercorn inn Vancouver for 800CAD incl. taxes and all for 30th March - 2nd April. Booked online from their website, this was the cheapest option for my dates with 2nd option being Radisson coming out to 850CAD and 3rd Executive for 890CAD. Some hotels online will not show you the quarantine rates until you put "GAA" as promo code!

samvij

Feb 22, 2021
Finally booked abercorn inn Vancouver for 800CAD incl. taxes and all for 30th March - 2nd April. Booked online from their website, this was the cheapest option for my dates with 2nd option being Radisson coming out to 850CAD and 3rd Executive for 890CAD. Some hotels online will not show you the quarantine rates until you put "GAA" as promo code!
what is GAA ?