+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
It’s on the government’s website
I called the the second line and it was still the government's central reservation line; not the direct booking stuff with the hotel.

My question is there is any link where it was expressly written that direct reservation could made with the designated hotels.
It would be great if a link to where this is stated could be pasted here.

varunpandya

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
I called the the second line and it was still the government's central reservation line; not the direct booking stuff with the hotel.

My question is there is any link where it was expressly written that direct reservation could made with the designated hotels.
It would be great if a link to where this is stated could be pasted here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
I was able to book online at Abercorn Inn (the cheapest so far out of all YVR hotels). If you want to check if a hotel actually allows online booking, you should look for the indicator that says "GAA" on the rate.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I was able to book online at Abercorn Inn (the cheapest so far out of all YVR hotels). If you want to check if a hotel actually allows online booking, you should look for the indicator that says "GAA" on the rate.
Could you, please, shed more light on how you went about it? Did you call the number specific to the hotel and made the booking telling them that you are making the booking based on the 3-day mandatory quarantine instruction of the government, or you just went online to their website and did the booking?
Thanks.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Anyone able to book directly with an approved hotel in Toronto? If yes, what was the cost? Any difference in terms of cost between booking directly and booking through GB Travel Canada Inc. ?

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Okay , why so, I heard Toronto is costlier.. are you attending online classes like me?
Yes, attending classes online. I dont want to spend 1500 CAD more over this atleast 1000 CAD for 3 day quarantine and my grandparents and uncles are there in Toronto. BTW, which university you are going to?

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
Could you, please, shed more light on how you went about it? Did you call the number specific to the hotel and made the booking telling them that you are making the booking based on the 3-day mandatory quarantine instruction of the government, or you just went online to their website and did the booking?
Thanks.
I just went to the website, selected my date of arrival and departure and then chose my room. The room rates will have keywords that tell you which pertains to the quarantine/GAA rates. Your mileage may vary because not all websites have the same design.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Could anyone clarify whether the 3 day hotel quarantine is inclusive of the 14 day one, or the 3 day and 14 days are separate quarantines, i.e the total quarantine would be 17 days?

Thanks!

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Could anyone clarify whether the 3 day hotel quarantine is inclusive of the 14 day one, or the 3 day and 14 days are separate quarantines, i.e the total quarantine would be 17 days?

Thanks!
It depends on your final destination. Like if your final destination in Ontario then, it is 3+11 but in Nova Scotia and PEI it is 3+14.

Feb 22, 2021
Hi guys!
I know that it is not a question directly related to the 3 days of hotel, but do any of you know if there is a problem with the entry of the partner of an international student? I already have my study permit, and my husband has an open work permit, but he does not have a job offer yet, which they request for foreign workers who want to enter. Or would that not apply to our case because he is going with an international student? Thank you!! :)

Divana

Dec 23, 2019
AOR Received.
24-09-2019
I just went to the website, selected my date of arrival and departure and then chose my room. The room rates will have keywords that tell you which pertains to the quarantine/GAA rates. Your mileage may vary because not all websites have the same design.
Hi! Thank you for this information.
I also booked my reservation at Abercorn. I am assuming all GAA packages include the shuttle from the airport. Abercorn doesn't mention that anywhere, what do you think?

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
One thing to confirm, my final destination is Saskatoon. For now do I have to book the flight until Toronto and as soon as I get the results then I make reservation from YYZ to YXE?

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
Reactions: Divana