+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

Quqnus

Feb 25, 2021
Just booked for my mom! (Single occupancy will arrive in Vancouver on Monday 01st March)
made a call at 07:45 LT after 03:10 waiting time, the lady took some details and ask if I have any hotel in mind! I ask for the cheapest and she went true different hotel's price, she offered "Executive Hotel" for a total of $875.19, I ask for cheaper and she tried "Travelodge Hotel" price down to $682.08 included meal and is None refundable! no further discussion, confirmation received by e-mail instantly, mom is Senior age and travel considered "essential", traveled prior to new quarantine regulation so she has to be exempt somehow!
in my opinion, WHOEVER TRAVELLED OUT OF CANADA PRIOR TO NEW REGULATION SHOULD BE EXEMPT OF PAYING ANY CHARGES

Vj123

Feb 18, 2021
Has anyone went through the below? I suppose students and people on assisted living can benefit from this and decline to pay for the hotel

https://www.canada.ca/en/contact/contact-1-800-o-canada/hotel-stayover.html

I can’t afford the 3-night hotel stay. Can I be subsidized?

A person (who is not otherwise exempt from quarantine) who enters Canada by aircraft and cannot provide evidence of pre-paid accommodation at a government-authorized accommodation is considered unable to quarantine. A person who is considered unable to quarantine must follow the directions of a screening officer or quarantine officer to go to a federal designated quarantine facility
The issue is, you wont be able to board the flight without the hotel stopover document. So, there is no benefit

Reactions: Ironclad

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Damn, now airlines are saying we must have 3 day hotel reservation
The issue is, you wont be able to board the flight without the hotel stopover document. So, there is no benefit
you are correct! It seems like airlines wont let us in unless you have reserved the hotel. Got an email from American airlines and they said we must book the hotel and enter in arrivecan...:(:(:(:(:(

Vj123

Feb 18, 2021

you are correct! It seems like airlines wont let us in unless you have reserved the hotel. Got an email from American airlines and they said we must book the hotel and enter in arrivecan...:(:(:(:(:(
yes it is a mandatory document and without that you cant board the flight. dont take any risks after investing so much of time and money

Reactions: Ppun and skg1988

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023

These are arbitrary decisions by some airlines. The government of Canada has categorically said no one should be denied boarding. A facebook group i am part of has many people still able to fly without a hotel reservation. And these are people from different countries. However, i think Canadian Citizens might have an advantage here.

Vj123

Feb 18, 2021
These are arbitrary decisions by some airlines. The government of Canada has categorically said no one should be denied boarding. A facebook group i am part of has many people still able to fly without a hotel reservation. And these are people from different countries. However, i think Canadian Citizens might have an advantage here.
Its better to be on a safer side, initially they may allow but after few days they won't

Reactions: Ppun and Ironclad

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Its better to be on a safer side, initially they may allow but after few days they won't
Ya i guess if you can book please book however many aren't able to book no matter how much they try.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canadian citizens can board without proof of the 3 day stay although I wouldn't recommend it. The airline can refuse boarding to anyone else.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just booked for my mom! (Single occupancy will arrive in Vancouver on Monday 01st March)
made a call at 07:45 LT after 03:10 waiting time, the lady took some details and ask if I have any hotel in mind! I ask for the cheapest and she went true different hotel's price, she offered "Executive Hotel" for a total of $875.19, I ask for cheaper and she tried "Travelodge Hotel" price down to $682.08 included meal and is None refundable! no further discussion, confirmation received by e-mail instantly, mom is Senior age and travel considered "essential", traveled prior to new quarantine regulation so she has to be exempt somehow!
in my opinion, WHOEVER TRAVELLED OUT OF CANADA PRIOR TO NEW REGULATION SHOULD BE EXEMPT OF PAYING ANY CHARGES
You had 2 months to return knowing this would be in place. It wasn't as though this was announced and started the next day.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Ya i guess if you can book please book however many aren't able to book no matter how much they try.
My flight is within 48 hours. I made almost 4 calls, all averaging 3hrs each. The line gets disconnected just after a few mins past the 3rd hr.

In the mean time I also called my airlines and they need the hotel reservation on ArriveCan. This is a cunning move by Canada govt to roll out the mandatory hotel as a travel requirement to airlines. Airlines cannot make an arbitary decision to deny boarding based on hear-say. A notice has to be rolled out by the Canadian govt. The email from my airlines speak in a tense as if it was drafted by the Canadian govt, not the airlines itself.

So with the proof of me trying call the helpline for several hrs, I could fight it in the court if I am fined for not booking a hotel. But the Canadian govt is extremely smart enough to stop me at my home country and say they know nothing about it or have control over my local airport's decision.

Hats off

• Sad
Reactions: tuweetuwee

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone went through the below? I suppose students and people on assisted living can benefit from this and decline to pay for the hotel

A person (who is not otherwise exempt from quarantine) who enters Canada by aircraft and cannot provide evidence of pre-paid accommodation at a government-authorized accommodation is considered unable to quarantine. A person who is considered unable to quarantine must follow the directions of a screening officer or quarantine officer to go to a federal designated quarantine facility
As an international student you needed to prove that you have the funds to support yourself in Canada. If you don't have the funds to quarantine that would mean you don't have the funds to pay your living costs and the financial documents that you presented were false.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My flight is within 48 hours. I made almost 4 calls, all averaging 3hrs each. The line gets disconnected just after a few mins past the 3rd hr.

In the mean time I also called my airlines and they need the hotel reservation on ArriveCan. This is a cunning move by Canada govt to roll out the mandatory hotel as a travel requirement to airlines. Airlines cannot make an arbitary decision to deny boarding based on hear-say. A notice has to be rolled out by the Canadian govt. The email from my airlines speak in a tense as if it was drafted by the Canadian govt, not the airlines itself.

So with the proof of me trying call the helpline for several hrs, I could fight it in the court if I am fined for not booking a hotel. But the Canadian govt is extremely smart enough to stop me at my home country and say they know nothing about it or have control over my local airport's decision.

Hats off
Most wouldn't book the quarantine so there has to be a rule requiring proof.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironclad

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

If you can sponsor your spouse or even consider PGP, you have to be able to support yourself and your spouse.
Remember that getting social assistance will have impact to both type of family sponsorship.

I assumed you mean "social assistance" not "assisted living" (which means you need caregiver to maintain your day to day live and shouldn't be travelling at this time).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that today I saw on TV that there are at least 1 covid case requiring an ambulance at a quarantine hotel (sources confirmed it was covid) . There was a second ambulance so that could be 2. The hotel quarantine has already caught potential covid cases.