+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
https://www.insauga.com/international-travelers-are-walking-out-of-mississaugas-pearson-airport-ignoring-quarantine-rules

"International travelers arriving at Mississauga’s Pearson Airport are bypassing new government hotel quarantine protocols by simply walking out of the airport or by choosing to take a fine.
Peel Police have confirmed they are not detaining or arresting people who leave the arrival area. As well, others who refuse to take the mandatory COVID-19 test or book the quarantine hotel upon arrival, are opting to receive a fine that is cheaper than the quarantine cost and then are released to go home. The fines are usually in the $820 range while staying at an approved quarantine hotel could cost up to $2,000.
"

This is insane. Only Canadian citizens and PR holders can do this I guess. Students are too vulnerable anyway to take such risks. Also the fact that you could potentially be a super spreader.

• Wow
Reactions: ynandal99

Pilotqueen

Mar 17, 2020
Hello,

I just booked the hotel for my husband arriving in Vancouver on Feb 26th ,2021. I had called them yesterday and after a wait of 3 hours , I was told no rooms are available for Vancouver in Feb but please call tomorrow. New hotels are being released and its going to be cheap.

So I called them first thing today morning. I got 3 nights at Travelodge Vancouver Airport hotel for 682$ including taxes(Single occupancy) which is pretty cheap compared to the prices I have seen here and I feel very lucky!

I got through in 2 hours and the lady was very calm/helpful. She said good you called in the morning because these cheap prices will run out pretty soon. Probably In a few hours. I was not able to ask about prices of other hotels as she gave me the best price and she wanted to finish the transaction quickly.

Hope this is helpful
Thank you

JoeJD

Feb 24, 2021
I'm curious about what Toronto approved hotel might be cheapest for myself, my Filipino gf, and our 10 month old daughter. If anyone knows and could let know I'd appreciate it. I'm following this post partly to find the answer to this question.

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Hi, i have booked directly with embassy suites, hilton and they confirmed that this reservation is part of the government initiative. They charged me 349 CAD per night and i did get a confirmation email from noreply@hilton.com which has a confirmation number. I used this confirmation number as reference no on ArriveCAN. Not sure if i did the right thing, but im fed up with the toll free number
You are probably right, I called to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport and they also said that we can book directly through them. They call it now Hotel quarantine 3 night package. The lady said they are getting the directions on everyday basis and I hope soon it will be updated on official website.

Reactions: akat

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I was finally able to book my hotel, thank you so much for all the help offered to me, just an advice that I want to give out, I didn’t call at 8am ET, I called 6:30am ET and then I was answered at 8:30am ET, so don’t be scared to call before their official opening time, even though they say you’re meant to stay on the line if your flight is in the next 24hrs, don’t hang up, I’ll be traveling on the 20th of March, the lady that attended to me was really nice and didn’t reject my call, maybe it’s my luck, but don’t be scared. The hotel I’ll be staying at is the Comfort Inn at the rate of $225/per night, Fairfield was way more expensive, it was at the rate of $305/per night, i didn’t ask for the prices of the others since she just went straight to the point and asked me if i wanted the cheapest rates available, I told her yes. There is no shuttle from the airport to the hotel, it’ll be a taxi that will take me but the hotel will cover the cost, and it’s 3meals per day, I’m not too sure if the COVID test is included, I plan to call the hotel and ask. Good luck everyone!
Isn't it 800$ for Comfort Inn ? Fairfield offers a refund if test results come early that's the benefit.

Vj123

Feb 18, 2021
You are probably right, I called to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport and they also said that we can book directly through them. They call it now Hotel quarantine 3 night package. The lady said they are getting the directions on everyday basis and I hope soon it will be updated on official website.
How much are they charging?

Vj123

Feb 18, 2021
Just let this guy live in his own world and think that he is the only one who knows everything and successfully booked the hotel.
I don't see what's the point of criticizing others for just simply asking the price of the hotel.
I got my call disconnected after 2 hours, now again waiting for 2 more hours... Horrible

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Maybe by the time you guys finish off your price discussion the rooms will be fully reserved. Looks like none of you guys have any idea regarding the ground reality of rooms being filled up with 25,000 calls a day and only around 4-5 hotels to accommodate each city.
The hotels are also being added everyday. Check today, they have now 10 hotels in Toronto.

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Maybe by the time you guys finish off your price discussion the rooms will be fully reserved. Looks like you guys have any idea regarding the ground reality of rooms being filled up with 25,000 calls a day and only around 4-5 hotels to accommodate each city.
Where did you get 25,000 data. I think, availability depends on the candidates landing not on the number of calls received. No doubt, sooner the better.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Where did you get 25,000 data. I think, availability depends on the candidates landing not on the number of calls received. No doubt, sooner the better.
The agency said the number of calls has been decreasing since the phone system opened, citing 20,000 calls to the phone line on Feb. 19 alone.

The hotels are also being added everyday. Check today, they have now 10 hotels in Toronto.
Great if it works out but I don't think its enough.

Last edited:

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
The agency said the number of calls has been decreasing since the phone system opened, citing 20,000 calls to the phone line on Feb. 19.

Great if it works out but I don't think its enough.
Yes calls, not individual bookings. As you are well aware most people have to call more than once because calls keep getting disconnected.

Why do you feel the need to be so cynical and pushing unnecessary fear mongering? Most people are on here to share information and help each other. The situation sucks as is, we are all dealing with our own crap, there is absolutely no need to add anxiety to it.

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
On the one hand I'm happy that I have already booked my hotel stay for March 5th for 979$. On the other hand, it was maybe a little too early to book. I could have gotten a hotel for 650$ perhaps since there are more hotels being updated on the list.
The other thing is that I would have to go through the whole process again of hours of calling. That was already enough stress.
So, at least I'm on the secure side with my 979$ booking at Fairfield.
Let's hope the PCR tests are included in the price and I'm getting the test result on day 2 so I can ask for a refund for day 3. :D