+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

anmolwadera

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
"Travellers arriving to Canada will be required to take a COVID-19 molecular test before exiting the airport, and another at the end of their 14-day quarantine period. There is no cost to you for these tests."

This is what my college's website says. This update is after the hotel quarantine measures came.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"Travellers arriving to Canada will be required to take a COVID-19 molecular test before exiting the airport, and another at the end of their 14-day quarantine period. There is no cost to you for these tests."

This is what my college's website says. This update is after the hotel quarantine measures came.
That is because the new information is not available yet.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
This is what happens when a bureaucrat is so focused on being inclusive that they make a stupid decision based on the very small number of travelers who don't have access to the internet or are not comfortable with technology :rolleyes: This took so long to announce and roll out and it was still so poorly done. Would also assume taxpayers are paying a large amount for this phone service which makes the situation even worse. People would start protesting if Canada stopped issuing permits and visas. There have been delays and there were petitions, twitter campaigns, protests, etc. when processing was stopped or slowed down in the spring/summer. International students contribute a lot to the economy and school budgets so many schools pushed hard to have international students enter Canada even if studying online. Temporary workers are vital for certain industries so there would be serious consequences to things like our food supply if visas/permits were not processed . There are minimal private refugee applications being processed/being approved at the moment. Most are stuck in processing for various reasons like not being able to do interviews.
I agree with you -- just saying thAt if you have an inclusive open policy you should also not be saying 'don't travel' but at the same time to others 'do travel we want you here' only to then have a bad quarantine policy run off a phone line in place for those you are encouraging to come.

Reactions: ChileanGerman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don'
I agree with you -- just saying thAt if you have an inclusive open policy you should also not be saying 'don't travel' but at the same time to others 'do travel we want you here' only to then have a bad quarantine policy run off a phone line in place for those you are encouraging to come.
Don't believe Canada is encouraging anyone to come to Canada at the moment.

AbAmk

Oct 16, 2020
I don't know why they don't just put up a web page to at least clearly mention the prices and names of each hotel. Also, seems like Vancouver only has one hotel and the pricing is way more than other cities. Would it be better to just book a flight for Toronto instead and then travel to Vancouver after 3 day hotel stay is over? https://ibb.co/6JLp11J and https://ibb.co/tPQVck9

Monmi

Dec 14, 2020
I don't know why they don't just put up a web page to at least clearly mention the prices and names of each hotel. Also, seems like Vancouver only has one hotel and the pricing is way more than other cities. Would it be better to just book a flight for Toronto instead and then travel to Vancouver after 3 day hotel stay is over? https://ibb.co/6JLp11J and https://ibb.co/tPQVck9

Hi, What email did you send to to inquire about rates? Do you have email addresses for the other Vancouver hotels as well?

AbAmk

Oct 16, 2020
Hi, What email did you send to to inquire about rates? Do you have email addresses for the other Vancouver hotels as well?
HI, as far as I know, there is only one hotel currently approved for Vancouver, which is this one (Westin Wall Centre). I didn't actually send the email, a friend of mine sent it directly to the hotel and this is what they replied to him.

Reactions: Monmi

Monmi

Dec 14, 2020
HI, as far as I know, there is only one hotel currently approved for Vancouver, which is this one (Westin Wall Centre). I didn't actually send the email, a friend of mine sent it directly to the hotel and this is what they replied to him.
Thanks. The list was updated today with 2 other hotels. I’ll try inquiring using emails on their websites.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Someone posted in a Facebook group about this ill-managed quarantine process

"
The agent right away started asking for number of travellers/rooms, my name, contact number, email, city of arrival, date of arrival. I stopped the process to ask questions. Found out:

We HAVE to use this phone line to book. Right now they don't have an online option, but the agent said something like "it's early, things may change".

They DON'T know ANYTHING about the cancellation or rebooking policies of individual hotels. For that, we would need to call the hotels individually to ask. (e.g. I asked what happens if my flight is rebooked again and I need to change my room booking, will it be additional charges? The agent couldn't answer)

Booking through the phone line is NONREFUNDABLE. That's it. Don't waste your time calling if you're not ready to confirm a non-refundable booking.

You have to call the hotels to ask about their policies, then call this 1-800 number to book, then call the hotels again directly if anything changes.
  1. RATES FOR VANCOUVER: at the time of my call, per night (inclusive of 1 single room, taxes, 3 meals):

YVR Fairmont Vancouver Airport- 463 CAD per night
    YVR The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport - 525 CAD per night"

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
For those who are flying soon to Toronto, some important info about Sheraton Gateway

Sheraton Gateway Hotel (Single occupancy)
- $319+ taxes/ night with a $125 daily food credit
- If your PCR results come back negative early, you can check out and not have to finish the 3-day stay
- Leaving Early: If you check out by 12nn, you will not be charged for the following day

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
For those who are flying soon to Toronto, some important info about Sheraton Gateway

Sheraton Gateway Hotel (Single occupancy)
- $319+ taxes/ night with a $125 daily food credit
- If your PCR results come back negative early, you can check out and not have to finish the 3-day stay
- Leaving Early: If you check out by 12nn, you will not be charged for the following day
To mention is that this is the most expensive one for Toronto.