+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi! Where did you see the food pictures and menu from Fairmont Hotel? Im thinking to book either Fairmont of Radisson Vancouver.
This is the link to the youtube video. It's in Cantonese. But you can still see the food and the menus.
Wine and beer is not included with the food package but they show the wine list in the video too with pricing.

These are jump to specific time of the video. I roughly translated the descriptions:
11:49 午餐食物質素及餐單 - Lunch quality and menu
19:15 晚餐叫牛扒不另收費 - Ordered steak for dinner off the menu with no extra charge (because she skipped appetizer)
22:25 每人每日20分鐘放風時間 - 20 min "outside time"

please like their video if you find this useful. :) I really appreciate their effort.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: phaijalkhan

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi! Where did you see the food pictures and menu from Fairmont Hotel? Im thinking to book either Fairmont of Radisson Vancouver.
I think the link to this youtube channel will be deleted. It's not my youtub channel... you can PM me if you want the link.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
OMG! This is so very different from the food pictures and menu I saw from Fairmont vancouver airport.
Breakfast have many selections include egg bendicts, pancake, fruit plates...etc
Lunch have options of pasta, meal size salad, burger ...etc
And dinner are 3 courses with appentizer, main and dessert. They actually plated the dessert in the serving box nicely.
Well Fairmont is one of Canada's best hotel chains so that's not really surprising.

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Hey, a friend of mine arrived successfully into Canada yesterday. Here is what he told me:
When he arrived the usual procedure, those with the pre-booked hotel to one lane, those without to another (I don't know how they were able to board tho but I haven't checked latest news the last days).
Document check went smoothly, questions about why did yhe come to Canada? Why did he decide to study mentioned program?
Question about his quarantine plan as he booked a room with shared bathroom in a 2 bedroom condo how he would avoid contact to the other person.
He said he would clean deeply and sanitize the bathroom after every use (because he just mentioned in his quarantine plan it's a 2 bedroom condo) and in the end he passed easily. He had the fear of getting his quarantine plan rejected and needing to go to this facility.
So apparently you can share an apartment with another person if you clearly state how you avoid contact. But I would not risk sharing with more than ONE other person. The safest bet is anyways a room with a private bathroom. So he got everything stamped and waited for some people to get into the shuttle bus to get driven to the hotel.

He is at Fairfield Marriotts. He said it takes some time to get thorugh to the reception but it's getting better. I think they have it sorted out a bit better than the last days (what I read).
And also another thing: He paid with his dad's credit card and the lady on the phone said he needed a form to fill out and get it signed by his dad that he can use for the stay. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to check in. But fact is, upon arrival, nobody asked him for the form of consent.

So guys, that's it. I will travel in 2 weeks and I've also booked a shared accomodation with another person
What kind of quarantine plan do they ask? could you please share the format? Isn't what we share through arrivecan sufficient?

This is what mentioned on the official website-
If coming to Canada as a final destination, all travellers must use ArriveCAN to submit their plan.
Use ArriveCAN to submit your travel and quarantine plans

Reactions: ynandal99

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

Check this out for quarantine plan-

You must have a suitable place of quarantine where you:
  • can stay for 14 days or possibly longer
  • will not have contact with people who:
    • are 65 years or older
    • have underlying medical conditions
    • have compromised immune systems
    • work or assist in a facility, home or workplace that includes at-risk populations, including:
      • nurses, doctors, other healthcare professionals, personal support workers, social workers
      • first responders, such as paramedics
      • cleaning and maintenance staff, receptionists and administrative staff, food services staff, volunteers, essential visitors to those living in long-term care facilities
  • can avoid contact with others who did not travel with you
  • can have a separate bedroom from those who did not travel with you
  • have access to the necessities of life, including water, food, medication and heat without leaving quarantine
  • will not stay in group living environment.Some examples include:
    • a shelter, group home, group residence, hostels, industrial camps, construction trailers or other group setting
    • a student residence (unless you've received prior authorization)
    • a small apartment you share with others
    • a shared household with a large family or families or many people
    • shared living spaces with housemates who haven't travelled with you that you cannot avoid interacting with

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
So this happened with someone and it's crazy. Such a lapse!!

"We just landed today and didnt have our hotel booked. We waited in line for about an hour to book the hotel and got extremely lucky as all hotels were sold out in Toronto and because of this public health officer has asked us to quarantine at home. Flew from Pakistan via Turkey. Arrived at Pearson at 6:49 Pm. Public health did their best to find a room even with one bed for a family of 5 but they couldn’t find any. "

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
Arrived 1032pm. Booked Fairfield but no room so they moved to next door Hampton inn. Everything went ok. No complain.

sidharthav

Oct 4, 2020
Need to modify travel dates and occupancy. I am guessing I can call the hotel directly and change or do I have to book through the government number again?

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

Check this out for quarantine plan-

You must have a suitable place of quarantine where you:
  • can stay for 14 days or possibly longer
  • will not have contact with people who:
    • are 65 years or older
    • have underlying medical conditions
    • have compromised immune systems
    • work or assist in a facility, home or workplace that includes at-risk populations, including:
      • nurses, doctors, other healthcare professionals, personal support workers, social workers
      • first responders, such as paramedics
      • cleaning and maintenance staff, receptionists and administrative staff, food services staff, volunteers, essential visitors to those living in long-term care facilities
  • can avoid contact with others who did not travel with you
  • can have a separate bedroom from those who did not travel with you
  • have access to the necessities of life, including water, food, medication and heat without leaving quarantine
  • will not stay in group living environment.Some examples include:
    • a shelter, group home, group residence, hostels, industrial camps, construction trailers or other group setting
    • a student residence (unless you've received prior authorization)
    • a small apartment you share with others
    • a shared household with a large family or families or many people
    • shared living spaces with housemates who haven't travelled with you that you cannot avoid interacting with
The point you highlighted doesn't say he needs a private bathroom.
My friend has a separate bedroom, only the bathroom is shared with another person but i mentioned this in another post.
I can only say what he told me. The officer asked for the physical copy of the quarantine plan, he said. College advised him to of course upload the quarantine plan into the app and bring a physical copy with him. Since he had a private bedroom but not a private bathroom he got asked how he can avoid contact with the other person while using the same bathroom. Short: sanitizing deeply. Everything went smoothly and he got thru

Reactions: ChileanGerman

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
The point you highlighted doesn't say he needs a private bathroom.
My friend has a separate bedroom, only the bathroom is shared with another person but i mentioned this in another post.
I can only say what he told me. The officer asked for the physical copy of the quarantine plan, he said. College advised him to of course upload the quarantine plan into the app and bring a physical copy with him. Since he had a private bedroom but not a private bathroom he got asked how he can avoid contact with the other person while using the same bathroom. Short: sanitizing deeply. Everything went smoothly and he got thru
Thanks, that's the point i wanna make. Having private room is must, however, having private bathroom is better (not must).
If you don't mind, can you please share the format of the copy.

Reactions: ChileanGerman