+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Passport Request to Visa

melvs

Apr 16, 2012
sunnyray90 said:
My passport went to LA on 19th March and 2nd April status changed to Decision Made.

Till date return envelope is not showing any status.
Our status has also changed to Decision Made in early April. We're just a little fidgety because our permits will expire end of the month and don't want to waste effort applying for renewal if immigrant visa is on the way.

Does decision made status mean that they have issued visa?

sunnyray90

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
Nomination.....
30-08-2011
AOR Received.
30-10-2011
File Transfer...
30-10-2011 CPP-O/ 13-01-2012 Los Angeles
Med's Request
30-10-2011
Med's Done....
30-11-2011 (Med Received 16th Dec - ECAS Updated))
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
18-04-2012
Got our passport back through FedEx yesterday and today we walk in at Regina CIC for within country landing. It was super smooth and within 10 minute we become permanent resident of Canada.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ ALL

for MPNP general stream, how much time they take after the temporary file number and submission of required documents ? is the next step an interview call to the sponsors and my LOA ?
Kindly let me know approx duration like 1 year or 1.5 year is remaining ?

phil733

May 8, 2011
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
strategic
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
6th march 2011
melvs said:
Our status has also changed to Decision Made in early April. We're just a little fidgety because our permits will expire end of the month and don't want to waste effort applying for renewal if immigrant visa is on the way.

Does decision made status mean that they have issued visa?
hi melvs, once you've got "decision made" this means your passports have been stamped and are on the way back to you..congratulations..I'm just waiting for my passports to be returned also..it's been 10.5 months total from applying..enjoy your PR...

Apr 12, 2012
hey ,
we had a request to send passport copies to embassy on 13th april we sent all documents by 14th of april they received those docs on 17th of april now we are waiting for their call to ask the original pp for the visa can anyone tell how much time it will take?

Tomorrow

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011 july 14
Nomination.....
2011 may 7th
AOR Received.
2011 oct 11
File Transfer...
Ottawa 2011 Oct 11
Med's Request
2011 Oct 11
Med's Done....
2011 Nov 7th
Passport Req..
2012 Apr 25th
VISA ISSUED...
2012 May
LANDED..........
2012 July
I have questions to u all! 1.i decide to mail my passport not in person, I'm in Canada, so what address should i sent to. 2. How to make note for eye color and height, just grab a piece of A4 paper and write it down?

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ ALL

for MPNP general stream, how much time they take after the temporary file number and submission of required documents ? is the next step an interview call to the sponsors and my LOA ?
Kindly let me know approx duration like 1 year or 1.5 year is remaining ?

doodlebar

Jun 8, 2008
Tomorrow said:
I have questions to u all! 1.i decide to mail my passport not in person, I'm in Canada, so what address should i sent to. 2. How to make note for eye color and height, just grab a piece of A4 paper and write it down?
Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario L2A 6R6
Canada

Please put you passports in an envelope with your file number written prominently on it. Place this envelope in your mailing envelope. Please take great care to reproduce the appropriate mailing address above EXACTLY as written.

NOTE: If your address is in Canada, we strongly recommend that you supply a return envelope for your passports using Canada Post’s Xpresspost - National service. Do not send us an Xpresspost - USA envelope. Your passports will be mailed back to you from Canada using your return envelope.

Provide a self addressed, prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelope (nothing smaller) from any Canada Post retail outlet. Make a note of the tracking number.

Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them

Important information regarding the return of your passports:

Passports will be returned to you by US Postal Service regular mail unless you use one of the premium services described above. WE WILL NOT USE FedEx, UPS, PUROLATOR OR ANY OTHER COURIER COMPANY ENVELOPES - EVEN IF THEY ARE PREPAID BY CREDIT CARD OR ACCOUNT NUMBER.

We will not return passports to addresses outside Canada and the United States.

Passports sent to us by mail cannot be picked up in person.

Our office is not liable for lost or stolen passports.

mail8666

Apr 27, 2012
Re: From Passport Request to Visa(Study Visa)

Dear Mr. Khan,

This is to inform you that your application for a study permit has been approved.
Please forward your passport as soon as possible to our office for visa issuance.
If you wish to speed up the process, you should organise a courier service (Fedex, DHL) pre-paid both ways.

Please also confirm that you received this message.

Sincerely,

Visa Section
Canadian Embassy
Tel Aviv

Passport Sent:20th April
Passport Recived at Embassay:23rd April
Return Passport: Waiting.......

does this 100% guraante study visa and how many days they will take to send you your passport back?

i send my passport on 20th of march through fedex pre-paid two ways and they recived it on 23rd of march? but still i do not get reply from them and also in the tracking it does not show anything expect delieverd on 23rd of march? how many working days they need to process study visa issue?

twinklegarcia

May 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Im just wondering how long it will take to get the passport back? I sent my passport last April 16, 2012 to Fort Erie for Visa stamping and until now I haven't receive it? It is almost 5weeks already, please is there anyone tell me how many weeks it will take to process it?

Thank you so much,

Tomorrow

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011 july 14
Nomination.....
2011 may 7th
AOR Received.
2011 oct 11
File Transfer...
Ottawa 2011 Oct 11
Med's Request
2011 Oct 11
Med's Done....
2011 Nov 7th
Passport Req..
2012 Apr 25th
VISA ISSUED...
2012 May
LANDED..........
2012 July
twinklegarcia said:
Hi Everyone,

Im just wondering how long it will take to get the passport back? I sent my passport last April 16, 2012 to Fort Erie for Visa stamping and until now I haven't receive it? It is almost 5weeks already, please is there anyone tell me how many weeks it will take to process it?

Thank you so much,
fort Erie received mine on may 7th, I'm still waiting as well. Torture! I need my pp to go back home for summer!