+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
Shinygirl said:
For jewelery i just wrote the price i bought at, and that too approximate.....they didnt ask me whether it is appraised or not....they were just worried abt the pictures.....
Hi shinygirl,

Thanks for your reply.

One more doubt, do India Airport custom officer ask to show valid documents for all the jewellery ?

Regards
CBI

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
I landed from US, noone asked there.... but whenever i got jewelry from india to US noone asked me!! so i think u shud be fine n dont need to do anything at indian airport!

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
Shinygirl said:
I landed from US, noone asked there.... but whenever i got jewelry from india to US noone asked me!! so i think u shud be fine n dont need to do anything at indian airport!
Thanks a lot.....

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shinygirl, same to my wife, she entered in the USA on H4 , no one ask about any jwellery but she had near 100grms gold jwellery, I don't know what is the purpose of B4 form in Canada? is it for showing Gold as POF?
everybody have to do this? if I not near to Airport what to do? for example I will land at Toronto ON but going to stay >300km's from Toronto airport then?
whats the main purpose of this B4 form? is it mandatory to fill-out just landed new immigrant/s?

OMM

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
omm said:
Shinygirl, same to my wife, she entered in the USA on H4 , no one ask about any jwellery but she had near 100grms gold jwellery, I don't know what is the purpose of B4 form in Canada? is it for showing Gold as POF?
everybody have to do this? if I not near to Airport what to do? for example I will land at Toronto ON but going to stay >300km's from Toronto airport then?
whats the main purpose of this B4 form? is it mandatory to fill-out just landed new immigrant/s?

OMM
Normally, they don't ask for things to be declared if you are using the custom free channel. Goods to follow does exactly same as it says on tin, if you have any goods following, coming later than you fill in those forms and get customs to stamp it for you so that when your stuff arrives in Canada, customs don't charge anything to you.

It's not mandatory and if you haven't got anything coming later than you don't need to fill it in.

There is another form, goods accompanying list, again if you have something to declare in your luggage, like jewellery, tv, electronics than you fill that form and hand it to customs.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
Normally, they don't ask for things to be declared if you are using the custom free channel. Goods to follow does exactly same as it says on tin, if you have any goods following, coming later than you fill in those forms and get customs to stamp it for you so that when your stuff arrives in Canada, customs don't charge anything to you.

It's not mandatory and if you haven't got anything coming later than you don't need to fill it in.

There is another form, goods accompanying list, again if you have something to declare in your luggage, like jewellery, tv, electronics than you fill that form and hand it to customs.
Oh Ok so I have 100grms gold jwellery and 5troy Oz gold bars , if I bring with me so it will be ok , no need to declare? so I guess no need to fillout any forms. right, I am not going to import any goods then I am okay. I guess. becasue I am going to stay far from Toronto city and even toronto airport too.

OMM

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
to qorax:

Understood.

However, does that not restrict the items that I can bring later ? It seems like I will have to ensure I bring only the same stuff after the stamping.

e.g. If the list was stamped with the Samsung TV and then say I sold it back here in US in the next few months bought another TV - Sony, will that be a problem ?
One Hundred Percent PROBLEM...
Remember, the B4 is a 'facility' provided to the 'new settler' to move his 'existing' goods... it's not a 'duty exemption right' to anyone - that whatever we want - we get inside Free!

Bottomline: U don't get the B4 stamped - u pay for it.

Qorax
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ps: To everyone:-
I'd do us good to NOT look for ways to 'beat' the system - we should be 'part' of the system! After all this is our new homeland - let us not corrupt it, probably the way we did to the erstwhile.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Dear Captain...

Very well said....
"Ps: To everyone:-
I'd do us good to NOT look for ways to 'beat' the system - we should be 'part' of the system! After all this is our new homeland - let us not corrupt it, probably the way we did to the erstwhile.

Lets make it a better place for you & for me and for everyone , spclly for our next generation :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omm said:
Oh Ok so I have 100grms gold jwellery and 5troy Oz gold bars , if I bring with me so it will be ok , no need to declare? so I guess no need to fillout any forms. right, I am not going to import any goods then I am okay. I guess. becasue I am going to stay far from Toronto city and even toronto airport too.

OMM
You still have to declare them in the port of entry, regardless land border or int'l airport.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Deeaar said:
Dear Captain...

Very well said....
Lets make it a better place for you & for me and for everyone , spclly for our next generation :)
True.
And remember, here there's a well drawn/chalked-out plan/procedures for anything & everything.
U'd be surprised to know how much deliberations, assessments, relook, research et all go into any issue... there r SOPs [Standard Operating Procedures] for anything that u may think of... everything is systematized & is 'in writing' as well... & 'online' too!!!

Thus, chances of anomaly/error is pretty minuscule...
Yes, there'd be - but it isn't noteworthy, vis-a-vis many nations.

Qorax

rabb_di_raga

Star Member
Jun 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Captain,
It is a very helpfull thread. Thanks!!
I have got one doubt, I will be having gtf list and AGs list, since the same form has to be used for this purpose, then do we need to check the 'goods to follow' checkbox in only gtf form or in both the forms.
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rabb_di_raga said:
Hello Captain,
It is a very helpfull thread. Thanks!!
I have got one doubt, I will be having gtf list and AGs list, since the same form has to be used for this purpose, then do we need to check the 'goods to follow' checkbox in only gtf form or in both the forms.
Thanks
In the GTF B4.

asurania

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......