+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
asurania said:
Hi;

So just to be clear.

There is no limit

so pretty much

$8000 jewlwey
$2000 clothing
$500 laptop

and there will be no duties or anything to pay
and picture of jewelery is needed

correct?
Correct.

monaliza

Apr 14, 2011
Dear Captin,
I've read in one of your posts that "If the ownership papers suggest that it was 'bought' after landing- u'd pay the duties for it.
My question is, what if I don't keep the ownership papers? Not everything I own now can be validated by ownership papers; either because it is old or it was not that expensive to keep its ownership papers. How can we prove that those items were bought before landing in the GTF?
Thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
monaliza said:
Dear Captin,
I've read in one of your posts that "If the ownership papers suggest that it was 'bought' after landing- u'd pay the duties for it.
My question is, what if I don't keep the ownership papers? Not everything I own now can be validated by ownership papers; either because it is old or it was not that expensive to keep its ownership papers. How can we prove that those items were bought before landing in the GTF?
Thank you
Uh, that was stated for Motorcars [ditto for very expensive items] - others do not require any invoices/bills/receipts.

RELAX !
Qorax

monaliza

Apr 14, 2011
qorax said:
Uh, that was stated for Motorcars [ditto for very expensive items] - others do not require any invoices/bills/receipts.

RELAX !
Qorax
Thank 4 your kind reply and for your great knowledge!

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
The more I am observing your threads, the more I am getting wondered!!!

Salute to U, Captain......all the best!!!

smiling_face :)

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,
First thnx for all the info you posted.

i want to confrim the following :
1- All the items i put in the list ( B4 ) ( clothes, electronis,laptobs,computer items, Jewellary,shoes...etc) are not subject to taxes or customs duty even they are used or brand new, right?
2- The value for each item in the last can be put as per the approximate value ( Estimated ) , right??

Appreciate your answer

Thanks

Kbra

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khebra said:
Dear Qorax,
First thnx for all the info you posted.

i want to confrim the following :
1- All the items i put in the list ( B4 ) ( clothes, electronis,laptobs,computer items, Jewellary,shoes...etc) are not subject to taxes or customs duty even they are used or brand new, right?
2- The value for each item in the last can be put as per the approximate value ( Estimated ) , right??

Appreciate your answer

Thanks

Kbra
1. Right.
2. Right.

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
hi qorax,,

please confirm the below

Goods accompanying list == items that are carried along with us

Goods to follow == checked in luggage items

thomas

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no,

goods to follow are those items that are with the shipping company when you ship things to Canada from home country. Upon arriving, you need to declare the goods to follow and then when your shipments arrive in canada, you have to go to the local office for clearance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
thomas78 said:
hi qorax,,

please confirm the below

Goods accompanying list == items that are carried along with us

Goods to follow == checked in luggage items

thomas
steaky said:
no,

goods to follow are those items that are with the shipping company when you ship things to Canada from home country. Upon arriving, you need to declare the goods to follow and then when your shipments arrive in canada, you have to go to the local office for clearance.
Yes. And it may not be 'only' with the shipping company... it might be that u r fetching them 'yourselves' too, but later.
Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Yes. And it may not be 'only' with the shipping company... it might be that u r fetching them 'yourselves' too, but later.
Qorax
Yes. Proof of possession, ownership and use prior to landing must be provided at time of importation, too. That means save the receipts (if any), taking photographs of the items.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
For those who landed in Canada via road and went back to US the same day or after a few days (basically those in H1B or L1 status in the US), what
classification did you tick in Form B4? Settlers, or Former Residents?

I read here [http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5113-eng.html#s2] that we are not considered Settlers:

Who are considered Settlers?

Under customs legislation, Settlers mean all individuals who enter Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a residence for a period of not less than 12 months.

It is important to know that the status of a person for customs purposes is not always the same as the person's status for immigration purposes.

For example,

Persons entering Canada to become Permanent Residents without the intention of residing immediately in Canada are not considered Settlers to Canada since they do not have any intention of remaining in Canada at that time, and will live outside Canada for an undetermined period of time. Therefore, under customs legislation, these persons are considered visitors to Canada, even if they are Permanent Residents for immigration purposes.

So, what are we, "Former Residents"?

Anybody who could answer -- thank you so much!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are still settler because you are deferring your settlement in Canada after a few days.

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
i landed in toronto on 5 june at pearsons airport and i prepared the b4 list as per the instructions of Captain Qorax. when i landed and showed the list to customs officer she was so happy to see how nicely we prepared the list . everything is photographed and itemized with pricing. she even showed to her fellow officers and her boss. she said if all the people take little pain and make the list same way as we did there job will be easier.

anyway big cheers for captain qorax for help and guidance

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
qorax said:
Form B4
Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List
How to Fill them...

Hi all,

This is in response to the numerous PMs received requesting a copy of my Form B4. As I did it on the system & there's no way to 'save' that, I remain handicapped to forward it. Thus, this thread.
Here's a little trick we used on all our application forms that I recommend to everyone. You can't fill out and save your forms in Acrobat Reader, but you can fill them out and save them in Acrobat: (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat.html) .

It costs a little money, but for us was well worth it as our forms looked very neat and tidy, it allows you to save partway through, come back, etc, update, add info later, take info out, only needing to print when you know you're ready.