+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

lilmaple

Nov 26, 2010
Dear Qorax, Leon, PMM and Seniors,

For both, GA/GTF lists, would it be fine to use Black & White photos for jewelry (A4 size) that I have made on a home printer? Am I right in thinking that clear B&W print outs are OK?

Thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lilmaple said:
Dear Qorax, Leon, PMM and Seniors,

For both, GA/GTF lists, would it be fine to use Black & White photos for jewelry (A4 size) that I have made on a home printer? Am I right in thinking that clear B&W print outs are OK?

Thank you
Purely an opinion -- I think a B&W printout wouldn't work -- the necessity of those pics is to identify the item/s authentically, for which both sheen & shine would be required -- which might not be the case with a B&W pic.

Qorax
*By the way who prints pics in B&W nowadays anyway? In place of the Laserjet, try using an Inkjet printer instead.

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax
*By the way who prints pics in B&W nowadays anyway? In place of the Laserjet, try using an Inkjet printer instead.
[/quote]

Qorax,

I think it is ok, but to be sure why you can not just print it in colored? It's not really a big deal.

Anyway, we just landed at toronto airport and i wonder why they did not take or even asked for the GA list when we told them that we dont have a Goods to Follow. Is that normal? They don't asked also about our jewelries, they only asked how much money we have in possession but never looked on it.

One more question is that do they have to use the photo attached to our COPR for our PR cards?

Did we missed something in the landing process? We are just so excited that when the immig officer told us its done the we run off immediately haha!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
suwail said:
Qorax

Qorax,

I think it is ok, but to be sure why you can not just print it in colored? It's not really a big deal.

Anyway, we just landed at toronto airport and i wonder why they did not take or even asked for the GA list when we told them that we dont have a Goods to Follow. Is that normal? They don't asked also about our jewelries, they only asked how much money we have in possession but never looked on it.

One more question is that do they have to use the photo attached to our COPR for our PR cards?

Did we missed something in the landing process? We are just so excited that when the immig officer told us its done the we run off immediately haha!
1. They aren't bothered much with our B4s -- it's our prerogative. If we don't have anything to bring-in later, we don't require the GTF list anyway.
2. The pics that we sent with our pps - are the ones to be used for the PRCs.

Qorax

lilmaple

Nov 26, 2010
Qorax
*By the way who prints pics in B&W nowadays anyway?
---

Hahaha, you cracked me up with that comment. You are absolutely right! I just went to a local print shop and got it done correctly. Why take a chance?! ;D

Thank you so much. You're a legend!

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
1. They aren't bothered much with our B4s -- it's our prerogative. If we don't have anything to bring-in later, we don't require the GTF list anyway.
2. The pics that we sent with our pps - are the ones to be used for the PRCs.

Qorax
now i knew it! brilliant qorax..can u recommend a private insurance for 3 months in ottawa area? thx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
suwail said:
now i knew it! brilliant qorax..can u recommend a private insurance for 3 months in ottawa area? thx
Pls. read my 'Temp. Travel Ins.' thread...

marf

Jan 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-09-2010
Med's Done....
22-09-2010
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
Very Informative.

One question now.
I am a canadian citizen and so are my kids. Only wife is going through the PR process.
Since we all will be moving from Kuwait to Vancouver, does my wife have to declare ONLY her belongings or we all will have to do it.

Thanks,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
marf said:
Very Informative.

One question now.
I am a canadian citizen and so are my kids. Only wife is going through the PR process.
Since we all will be moving from Kuwait to Vancouver, does my wife have to declare ONLY her belongings or we all will have to do it.

Thanks,
U all will still fil the B4 - as 'returning residents'... one single for the family.
Qorax

marf

Jan 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-09-2010
Med's Done....
22-09-2010
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
Appreciate it Qorax...

ankipanki

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Hi Qorax

I just came acoss this thread... u have done a wonderful job & I am also amazed at your patience in answering all the questions !!

You are really doing an excellent work !! Heartfelt thanks for all this information !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ankipanki said:
Hi Qorax

I just came acoss this thread... u have done a wonderful job & I am also amazed at your patience in answering all the questions !!

You are really doing an excellent work !! Heartfelt thanks for all this information !!!
Thank u... the pleasure is always mine!

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Qorax..... once again a very helpful post by you.

I am planning to take pictures of my jewelry as advised by you.
My question is that on the paper on which we have the pictures, i write the value as well? and can this value be the price at which i bought it? because most of it is wedding gift, i dont have receipt of those, but i know the approximate price at which they were bought.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Shinygirl said:
Qorax..... once again a very helpful post by you.

I am planning to take pictures of my jewelry as advised by you.
My question is that on the paper on which we have the pictures, i write the value as well? and can this value be the price at which i bought it? because most of it is wedding gift, i dont have receipt of those, but i know the approximate price at which they were bought.

Thanks
Yes, just the approximations would be fine. No 'valuation' required, contrary to what many think/opine.
Qorax

churchlady

Mar 18, 2011
When placing a value on the B4 form for say for example, furniture...is there any requirement
on how those values are determined? Do I have to get professional appraisals?