+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No answers in three days? Come on you'll can be a little more helpful. I am still concerned about what address I should put in BSF186. I am going to Toronto to a relative's place but for PR card address I am going to use one of my friend's address in vancouver. I am not sure what address to put. Suggestions? Also, any idea about question 12?
For the address on the BSF186, my suggestion is to use the address of the Province you intend to settle in.
As for question 12, you don’t necessarily need to declare the goods in the BSF186, but if you’re carrying food, you must declare that, and cash equivalents of CA$10,000 and over.

Amelie1122

Jun 13, 2018
Hello All

I have a query regarding Goods to Follow. Weve entered Toronto in Sept. 2016 and stayed there for one week so we can have our PR card issued. We got our Goods to Follow form stamped by the immigration officer with the intention that we will migrate within a year.

Now, work has been good to us thus we stayed outside Canada for two years before deciding to migrate.

My dilemna is that would the immigration officer accepts and approve a new Goods to follow form when we migrate and move to Canada this coming Sept 2018 wherein we had already made it stamped two years back?

Im not sure if this has already been discussed but will greatly appreciate if you could still help me out. Any advise is highly appreciated.

michibong

May 5, 2018
Hello All

I have a query regarding Goods to Follow. Weve entered Toronto in Sept. 2016 and stayed there for one week so we can have our PR card issued. We got our Goods to Follow form stamped by the immigration officer with the intention that we will migrate within a year.

Now, work has been good to us thus we stayed outside Canada for two years before deciding to migrate.

My dilemna is that would the immigration officer accepts and approve a new Goods to follow form when we migrate and move to Canada this coming Sept 2018 wherein we had already made it stamped two years back?

Im not sure if this has already been discussed but will greatly appreciate if you could still help me out. Any advise is highly appreciated.
AFAIK you can't submit a new BSF186 GTF

4849489---

Jun 17, 2018
Form B4 doesn't exist anymore? I only need accompanying goods form. I have no other goods that will follow later. What form should I fill? Is there more than one form? Please let me know. thx!

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Form B4 doesn't exist anymore? I only need accompanying goods form. I have no other goods that will follow later. What form should I fill? Is there more than one form? Please let me know. thx!
Form B4 is now BSF186.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much. May I just know what the difference is between BSF186 and BSF186A. Also. I have a lot of items that I am bringing with me. Should I create an excel sheet on a separate paper and continue listing my items in detail, or should I group my items (e.g. 1. shirts, tshirts, trousers, and underwear)?

Also, the form is in legal size (8.5 x 14"). Is it okay if I present the completed form on A4 paper? There's literally no where that sells legal size paper. Thx again and I really appreciate your help!
I believe 186 is Goods Accompanying while 186A is Goods to Follow. You can print multiple copies or create an excel sheet.
For the paper size, if you can fit it in an A4, it should be fine. In most cases, the officer won’t even bother with this form.

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Excellent thread. Props to the OP.

Just need some clarification,

The BSF186 is to be filled in for goods that one brings in during the 1st landing (Assuming 1 year stay), right ?
Which form am i supposed to use for 'Goods to follow' ? is it the BSF186A or is BSF186A just an extension sheet for BSF186. ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellent thread. Props to the OP.

Just need some clarification,

The BSF186 is to be filled in for goods that one brings in during the 1st landing (Assuming 1 year stay), right ?
Which form am i supposed to use for 'Goods to follow' ? is it the BSF186A or is BSF186A just an extension sheet for BSF186. ?

Any help is highly appreciated.
BSF186A is for “Goods to Follow”

Reactions: HopefulDreamer101

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Guys I have a query regarding goods to follow on soft Landing.....
Situation is like I am going to do my soft landing in September for a week and will return back to my current country of residence.
After my completion of contract I will move permanently .
So, on soft land I will not carry any precious item or all money with me but on permanent move I will do. So my question is.. as I am not carrying these items and will not disclose it now but at the time of permanent move I will carry all these items with me as I cannot put these precious items with cargo so at that time are these items taxable or not ? because may be these items and some money addup and make more than CAD 10000.
Do I need to declare these items on my permanent move or Now with BSF186??
Need your inputs guys....

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hi All,
I have read the initial post and as much as I can from subsequent pages (reading all 68 pages is almost impossible!). I have some questions. I am planning to make initial landing on June 9 through Blue Water Bridge in Michigan so I really need to get these queries answered ASAP. I am an Indian citizen working in US in L1A visa. Thank you all.

1. Is this the main form to be filled up (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html)?
2. In what case BSF186A is required? I'm guessing when 8 line items of BSF186 are not sufficient?
3. What should be importer's address? I don't have an address in Canada obviously. Can I use my US address?
4. Country of Origin - For most of my items will be US but for jwelery it would be India. What should I write then?
5. Country of Export - US?
6. What should be the Classification type? Settler?
7. How do you determine the value of the used items? For example, how do I calculate the value of a TV that costed $600 in 2015? How do you calculate values of items like clothes, cutleries, crockeries, books etc.?
8. My car is in lease which will end in Dec 2019. I'll be moving permanently to Canada before that. I'm not sure what to show / how to show in the form. I don't know if I can take a leased vehicle to Canada and return it later. What should be the valuation if I need to show this?
9. I understand this list will be stamped and next time I land my goods will be checked against it. Does that mean that whenever I land in future (be it my 2nd/3rd/nth landing) if I carry anything which is not in the list I have to pay duties? My wife may decide to bring some jweleries after a year or two when we're settled which are stored right now in lockers in India. Do I have to ask our parents to go to bank and take snaps because we may bring those to Canada in 2020? What kind of crazy rule is this?
10. I also read somewhere that jweler's certificate is also required and photos are not enough. No way I can get those certificates now. Are these mandatory?
11. I'm going there for the weekend with almost nothing other than clothes and babyfood... Do I even need to show anything or everything should go to 'Goods to Follow' list? For GtF should I fill in another BSF186 and check the 'Goods to follow' checkbox?
12. Custom declaration card - I am assuming no good I have shown in BSF186 has to be shown here again. As I'll be there for the weekend, should I fill this as Visitor rather than resident?

Thanks again in anticipation.

Did you got answer for point 9 and 10... I am looking for same...

Kindly share your experience

aramahi2000

Jul 19, 2018
I have already done the soft landing in YYZ airport and would like to do some sharing:
1. I have prepared 2 set of forms for accompany goods and good to follow, But the officer didn't even touch or look at the accompany good one. They only focus on the form with goods to follow. So I suggest, try to bring as much stuff as u can in ur first landing as they dont even check our suitcases at all.

2. For the good to follow forms. We have filled the cover form and also use the B4A to list out all the items one by one. So far we have use 8 pages to list out. We only list out those expensive items (jewllaries, watches, branded bags, electronics, furniture) one on each row. The rest of the times we only put it in this way "clothing x 10 boxes, 600 CAD, kitchenwares x 10 boxes, 500 CAD, toiletwares x 5 boxes, 100CAD), etc.

3. Since there is only 8 empty rows on the cover form, I summed out those items in the 8 pages of B4A and catagorize them into 8 key areas (jewllaries, electronic items, luxury watches & bags, furniture, clothing, miscellaneous, etc) and only put the added total amount in the cover form.

4. Besides that, I took photo of each items listed in the 8 pages and print them out to cross references those B4A sheets. The file name of each photo can be the page number of B4A followed by the row number (i.e. 1.1 - 1.26 ; 2.1 - 2.26 as there are 26 rows in each page)

The officer was impressed with what I did and praised me. hahahha.... There is no maximum amount we put in the list.

Hope this helps. good luck everyone.
I created an account just to tell you thank you for sharing the experience! That's exactly what i had in my mind, and reading that someone has already done it (and was praised by the officer) made the OCD kid inside me jump from joy hahaha...

Reactions: kuskus