+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi ,

For similar query, If we have the forms only for goods, how can i declare money in current country account or Mutual Funds investments or any FDs, which i would like to bring/wire later but without tax.

I am flying on 26th March, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
You don't pay "tax" on any money you bring in, whether now or later. The annual IT and Benefits return is filed differently.

sdeep

Apr 30, 2014
Thank you for all the help especially @qorax , followed all the posts very carefully and prepared for landing.

Have successfully landed at peace bridge today. Officers got surprised by how organized we went with all docs necessary, it just took 20 mins in total. Loving it so far

All credits to you buddy

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thank you for all the help especially @qorax , followed all the posts very carefully and prepared for landing.

Have successfully landed at peace bridge today. Officers got surprised by how organized we went with all docs necessary, it just took 20 mins in total. Loving it so far

All credits to you buddy
Congrats ~ and thank you my dear sir!

Agamjot

Mar 12, 2018
Hi Qorax...your answers are quite helpful..but I ve some doubts...like should we include medicines value in CAD? Or the jewelry a person is wearing should be photo graphed..and one more thing do we need photo graphs of artificial jewellery too? Plz reply asap.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Hi. I wanted to know that in the BSF186 form there is a box that asks for Importer's Country of Origin. I reside in Saudi Arabia but I'm a national of Pakistan. So some of the things that I might take in the future are from Saudi Arabia and some from Pakistan. So what should I write in the Importer's Country of Origin box? Or it doesn't make any difference whatsoever? Thanks.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Great Thread! I am planning to do soft landing this week of next week.

I may move permanently in Sept 2018 or if visa works out in US then Dec 2019.

I have question regarding Goods to follow list. What if I need to carry items which are not listed in goods to follow list. e.g. I may change phone or if add a purchase a jewelry later which won't be mentioned in the goods to follow obviously! Do I need to pay taxes on such items when I move in permanently?

Shweta_2208

Jun 10, 2017
Thanks qorax, very useful info. Can you please tell me food items are to be listed as well? I am planning to carry spices some rice and lentils and ready to make meals.

@qorax

Shweta_2208

Jun 10, 2017
@qorax Please can you suggest for this situation. If i do not have goods to follow at the time of entering canada, then in a week or two i decide to have some stuff sent to me from home country. What should be done in this case?

Can you please tell me food items are to be listed as well goods to accompany? I am planning to carry spices some rice and lentils and ready to make meals.

LSC

Dec 3, 2017
Hi,

I have a fast and maybe silly question, since the goods to follow form (B4) needs to be accompanied by pictures of all its items , black and white printed pictures are ok ? or does it have to be colored ones ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@qorax Please can you suggest for this situation. If i do not have goods to follow at the time of entering canada, then in a week or two i decide to have some stuff sent to me from home country. What should be done in this case?

Can you please tell me food items are to be listed as well goods to accompany? I am planning to carry spices some rice and lentils and ready to make meals.
1) It is for non-food items ~ and of high value ones.
2) If you intend getting anything, anytime after landing, by any mode ~ you got to have a B4 stamped while landing.
3) Don't bring-in food items,
a. Most of them are banned from entry.
b. Everything is easily available here. No point wasting you baggage space.​

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi,

I have a fast and maybe silly question, since the goods to follow form (B4) needs to be accompanied by pictures of all its items , black and white printed pictures are ok ? or does it have to be colored ones ?
B&W is fine.

supernova_007

Apr 23, 2018
India
Dear Mr. Qorax

First of all i would like to thank you for the most informative thread on B4 . i have understood most of the things . But there are following queries which though has been discussed in your thread but i am little confused . As flight is tomorrow so in a hurry to know about them :

1. Can we just download the pfd . print . and fill it by hand . would that be acceptable ?
2. can the link be shared from where we can type and print online ?

Thanks