+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention us visit visa refusal in PR application

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
I had received an email stating that they have forwarded the information to the responsible office. I tried to contact them over the telephone after that but they didn't provide any information whether it is considered or not. But they said if any further information is needed they will contact. After that i had applied for the GCMS notes in which they have mentioned regarding my call. I guess it should be fine.
Whats the Update now?

Darinka

Nov 16, 2022
Yes I got my pr.
Hello I am FSW O and I am waiting for my PPR. I raised a webform 1month ago I ne just got the automated reply. Please the correction of the mistake will appear in my Gc account ?? Thanks for your reply

aabir

May 10, 2020
Hi Friends,

I have been in Canada for few years. I have got study permit, renewal and PGWP. I was applying for the PR application in the TR-PR pathway recently. Since everything was in so much hurry because of the short time duration I accidentally checked all columns No for the declaration of visa refusal from any other countries. After someone else reviewed the application once again he spotted the mistake on the form and understood that the order of questions confused me and the questions change after the first 2-3 which are only for Canada.

To make matters further complicated it appears the same question was asked in the study permit and work permit and I did not declare it over there as well. ( I should have done it, I am not sure why it wasn't marked )

I had visa refusal from Norway and Germany in my past and later after few years travelled and stayed at both the places successfully under Norway and Schengen Visa at different times.

Since the application was submitted yesterday either I can withdraw this application, or I can submit CSE with updated form. I am a bit afraid that this makes my application look bad concerning the declaration were not made previously either. I am concerned on what is this the right course of action here ? I want to understand what is the best way out here. I am worried if the previous applications being approved but missing declaration could impact my current application or worst result in a misrepresentation or ban. I am also worried if I would be affecting my current status in any way.

If I do submit the updated form, should I be submitting a letter from myself or a lawyer to help explain it. Will that help ensure that I want to be honest and made a innocent error on the form that I am voluntary declaring and bring to light. I am happy to hire a lawyer if that can help make it better. I am trying to ensure the officer on the case feels satisfied and I don't face any bad outcomes.

Even if the PR application is refused, I do not want the ban to happen. That would just shatter me completely.

Please help me with your experience. May God keep u in memory.
Did you get PR? what did you do later? Did you mention about the mistake you did in study and work permit application?

ankurtpatels

Sep 29, 2018
Did you get PR? what did you do later? Did you mention about the mistake you did in study and work permit application?
I also have same issue, my wife got study permit, and after applied for another extension of study permit, and applied for pgwp during those time we have not informed that my wife refused study visa for USA in 2015, and recently I have submitted PR application but this time I’m main applicant and my wife dependents and we not informed that my wife got refused study visa in 2015 from USA

aabir

May 10, 2020
I also have same issue, my wife got study permit, and after applied for another extension of study permit, and applied for pgwp during those time we have not informed that my wife refused study visa for USA in 2015, and recently I have submitted PR application but this time I’m main applicant and my wife dependents and we not informed that my wife got refused study visa in 2015 from USA
did you got PR? why are you not disclosing it to ircc ?

aabir

May 10, 2020
during my study visa , pgwp and trv application i selected "no" by mistake for the question " if i was refused any visa from any country.

Now while applying for Express Entry i realised i had one visa rejection , so i selected "yes "this time.

Will there be any issue or do I need to provide a LOE for my mistake in study and work permit application while filing PR application even though I am disclosing truthfully this time. I am confused .

please help @legalfalcon

Darinka

Nov 16, 2022
I had received an email stating that they have forwarded the information to the responsible office. I tried to contact them over the telephone after that but they didn't provide any information whether it is considered or not. But they said if any further information is needed they will contact. After that i had applied for the GCMS notes in which they have mentioned regarding my call. I guess it should be fine.
Hello please any update about this post? Did you receive you PPR?? What happened after they have transferred the information to the responsible office ??