+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot copy of PR card in my renewal application

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
We just realized that copy of PR card was not attached by us in the renewal application - Anyone else encountered this situation? How did you handle it? Or any suggestions.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
We just realized that copy of PR card was not attached by us in the renewal application - Anyone else encountered this situation? How did you handle it? Or any suggestions.
I don't know what others think but I would raise a webform and then post it in again (the whole package) with a cover note explaining the mistake - this may save you time - waiting for it to come back as incomplete and then sending it all again anyway.
That said others may have other ideas/

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I also forgot to attach.,... In checklist they say to attach copy of passport etc. what should i do now ? There is no news since the app was submitted Jun 22nd.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I also forgot to attach.,... In checklist they say to attach copy of passport etc. what should i do now ? There is no news since the app was submitted Jun 22nd.
Call CIC & also send a web form enquiry

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Call CIC & also send a web form enquiry
Either way. They will send the package back if it is incomplete. If you resend the package (complete package along with the page you forgot) you will save yourself a lot of time - waiting for them to send it back - so that you have to resend it.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I would resend the whole package again - to save time - for them to send it back to you saying that you missed a page. This is from my experience!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I am hoping that they will at least send an email or letter to provide the copy of PR card , They have all the info on form like UCI #, DOB etc.. and all the info can be verified on the system at their end, so a copy of pr should not be the reason to return the package. I will send the web inquiry today and will wait for their response.

Reactions: Kanedaa

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I am hoping that they will at least send an email or letter to provide the copy of PR card , They have all the info on form like UCI #, DOB etc.. and all the info can be verified on the system at their end, so a copy of pr should not be the reason to return the package. I will send the web inquiry today and will wait for their response.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. I strongly feel they would return the package.
I submitted a web form, will update once I get a reply.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
This is not how the process works. I am very certain that they will send the whole package back with a letter saying that the application is incomplete. You will then have to send it all back again along with the missing document. So this is why I am strongly suggesting you save time now by resending the whole package along with the missing document - assuming you have a copy of what you sent.
Whatever you decide to do, please keep people informed of the outcome so that others can learn from your experience.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
This is not how the process works. I am very certain that they will send the whole package back with a letter saying that the application is incomplete. You will then have to send it all back again along with the missing document. So this is why I am strongly suggesting you save time now by resending the whole package along with the missing document - assuming you have a copy of what you sent.
Whatever you decide to do, please keep people informed of the outcome so that others can learn from your experience.
Sure.
Currently waiting for the reply of the web form I submitted.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Below is what we received from CIC web form query:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation or update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

For this reason, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

You may visit our website to see how long it may take to process the application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."