+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forecast on when "Outlanders" will be issued PPR

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Yes, according to the IRCC website. People in the US can enter Canada if they plan to settle.
But I am wondering if they have been issuing COPR to US residents. This is probably the only one on the tracker? I wouldn't say confirmed because you cannot verify information that can be updated by anyone.
You're right.

ESS1925

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, according to the IRCC website. People in the US can enter Canada if they plan to settle.
But I am wondering if they have been issuing COPR to US residents. This is probably the only one on the tracker? I wouldn't say confirmed because you cannot verify information that can be updated by anyone.
They're not issuing PPR or COPR for USA residents (not everyone who is residing in the USA is visa exempt).
From July 10th it seems that there are no travel restrictions for applicants that reside in the USA. But no one can confirm that since they are not sending PPR and COPRs.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
They're not issuing PPR or COPR for USA residents (not everyone who is residing in the USA is visa exempt).
From July 10th it seems that there are no travel restrictions for applicants that reside in the USA. But no one can confirm that since they are not sending PPR and COPRs.
I called IRCC last week and was informed that US residents only need COPR to settle in Canada irrespective of visa exemption. Maybe worth another calling for double-check.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
It's not about visa exemptions. Travel ban is still in place for non-essential travels, so even if you don't need visa you cannot enter Canada.
The restrictions are lifted for PR holders who want to land from the US. If they don't issue COPR to people in the US, it seems it would only help very few people.

How do you know that they are not issuing PPR or COPR to US residents? I'm interested because I'm in the US at this time and not sure it's worth it waiting here (also it's impossible to leave in the short term).

Last edited:

cityfocus

Nov 16, 2019
AOR Feb 2019. Residing in the US. When I asked for an update back in March right before quarantine, my security hadn't started yet, but my medicals were extended. I asked for an update last week about security and got a generic response:

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process and that everything seems to be in order with the application.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation some IRCC offices are currently operating with critical staff only. To support officers working to help clients with urgent applications, we ask for your collaboration in contacting us for urgent matters only. "

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
AOR Feb 2019. Residing in the US. When I asked for an update back in March right before quarantine, my security hadn't started yet, but my medicals were extended. I asked for an update last week about security and got a generic response:

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process and that everything seems to be in order with the application.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation some IRCC offices are currently operating with critical staff only. To support officers working to help clients with urgent applications, we ask for your collaboration in contacting us for urgent matters only. "
If your application is within 6 months and you ask for the status of your application, you'd expect a generic response.

cityfocus

Nov 16, 2019
Thought it was 2020. My bad. Is your case complicated? Did you order GCMS notes to see if there is anything delaying your application?
Every time I think I should order GCMS, I get paranoid that it'll delay my application further and I back out.

My case is pretty untainted (young, single, applying alone, good job experience, high language scores, no crime, no traveling done at all in the last 20 years) except for the fact that I was denied PR in the US (as a dependent in my family's application) so I had to report it in the statutory questions. I attached all the information about that in my application and addressed it in my LOE.

My countries of birth, citizenship, and residence are all different so I also wonder if that threw them for a loop.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
AOR is Feb 2019 - 17 months
I'd order GCMS notes, like a year ago. Ordering it will not have any impact on your application whatsoever. If anything, it'll push your application forward. If you're outside Canada, you have to use a representative. I would suggest GCMSBuddy; it's cheap (13$), and you can trust them.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Every time I think I should order GCMS, I get paranoid that it'll delay my application further and I back out.

My case is pretty untainted (young, single, applying alone, good job experience, high language scores, no crime, no traveling done at all in the last 20 years) except for the fact that I was denied PR in the US (as a dependent in my family's application) so I had to report it in the statutory questions. I attached all the information about that in my application and addressed it in my LOE.

My countries of birth, citizenship, and residence are all different so I also wonder if that threw them for a loop.
Requesting the GCMS notes does not affect the processing of your visa application. It will not hurt the ongoing processing of your application nor will requesting it "move it forward or push your application" You can see more at this site at https://help.gcmsnotes.com/

Reactions: willapp

cityfocus

Nov 16, 2019
I'd order GCMS notes, like a year ago. Ordering it will not have any impact on your application whatsoever. If anything, it'll push your application forward. If you're outside Canada, you have to use a representative. I would suggest GCMSBuddy; it's cheap (13$), and you can trust them.
Thank you. I'll do it.