+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forecast on when "Outlanders" will be issued PPR

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
That's my question too. Also, when is the expiration date for a medical exam? The day it was actually done or the day it was approved by IRCC?
1 year after the day it was done.

One's COPR is valid if medical results are valid; therefore, one's medical should be valid at the time of landing. If one's medical is expired before receiving COPR and after the passport sent for counterfoil, the passport will be returned without the counterfoil therein, and the COPR will not be issued. Hence, if the medical expiration date is close, it is common practice for the IRCC to let the medical expire and then either request an extension or instruct for a remedial.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
That's my question too. Also, when is the expiration date for a medical exam? The day it was actually done or the day it was approved by IRCC?
I have read this on multiple threads - the duration is not clearly specified anywhere. The visa officer (VO) has the authority to extend the validity of the exam or request for a new one. The validity of medical exam is 1 year from when it was conducted.

Hareesh Reddy

May 12, 2017
Myself and my wife medical exam has been passed on December 30,2019.

And again today Sep 29,2020 I have received request for medical for my wife .Is it a good sign??

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Myself and my wife medical exam has been passed on December 30,2019.

And again today Sep 29,2020 I have received request for medical for my wife .Is it a good sign??
Yes. You seem to be at the final stage for approval. Once re-remds are submitted, the VO will finalize your file for approval.

Reactions: anirudh1996

mkhan2790

Oct 1, 2020
Hey, we just received our PPR today from London office. But medical will expire on 7th Nov. From what I understand, we can't yet travel to Canada even if we get CoPR before that date.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Reactions: anirudh1996

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hey, we just received our PPR today from London office. But medical will expire on 7th Nov. From what I understand, we can't yet travel to Canada even if we get CoPR before that date.

I think ur medical should have been extended. Whats ur aor?

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Hey Congrats on getting PPR. What is your AOR? And is it London in UK?

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
We received our GCMS notes a couple of days ago, one of the notes did say medical extended. But no idea till when.
So just relax and submit ur passport. There is nothing that can b done other than submitting and see what they mention on expiry date. I m also dec 2019 aor london vo waiting

mkhan2790

Oct 1, 2020
Good luck! Hope you get your PPR soon.

Even if CoPR is received before expiry of medical, due to the travel restrictions in Canada, we can't travel anyway.

But the PPR explicitly mentioned that CoPR validity will be till the medicals are valid. and no extensions. So hopefully this is a generic letter, which they didn't change in light of the covid situation.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Good luck! Hope you get your PPR soon.

Even if CoPR is received before expiry of medical, due to the travel restrictions in Canada, we can't travel anyway.

But the PPR explicitly mentioned that CoPR validity will be till the medicals are valid. and no extensions. So hopefully this is a generic letter, which they didn't change in light of the covid situation.
I've read that they've extended the medicals by 6mths for those in similar scenarios.

Do keep us posted though.

Congrats on your PPR and good luck.