BIL: February 18
Biometrics Done: February 21

No updates so far, waiting for BVL.
Similar timeline as me.

Applying from Jamaica

Online app submitted: Feb 18th
BIL: Feb 19
Biometrics updated : Feb 23

Waiting game begins now. I'm also for sept intake. I applied early because the processing time from my country has gone up to 26 weeks! :confused:

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
I’m not touching my gckey until I get an email notif lol don’t wanna sacrifice my sanity because I was doing the same a few days ago. It’s probably gonna take a minimum of 2 weeks or so to get medical updated due to heavy backlog of applications.

ARB0428

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Similar timeline as me.

Applying from Jamaica

Online app submitted: Feb 18th
BIL: Feb 19
Biometrics updated : Feb 23

Waiting game begins now. I'm also for sept intake. I applied early because the processing time from my country has gone up to 26 weeks! :confused:
Processing time from here is 19 weeks if I am not mistaken. The agony of waiting! My sanity is slowly walking out the door.

Reactions: kimkim2015

ARB0428

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I’m not touching my gckey until I get an email notif lol don’t wanna sacrifice my sanity because I was doing the same a few days ago. It’s probably gonna take a minimum of 2 weeks or so to get medical updated due to heavy backlog of applications.
This seems like a logical thing to do, I also do not know what I expect to see in the gckey when I have not received any email notification. *sigh* The waiting game is killing me!!!

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Hahaha I’ve been constantly checking my gckey account every 2 hours if not every 30 minutes since I did my biometrics last Feb. 21 ‍
Hahhahah! I dont know why, but reading that someone else also does this make me seem less crazy. :D:D
And to imagine we are still early in the game. Yikes It's gonna be tough trying to restrain from logging in so many times.

Reactions: ARB0428

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Just focus on doing something else I guess? Watch Netflix/YouTube, study something or prepare yourself for your future studies. I know it’s hard not to check the status of your application but if it happens you’ll get an email so why even bother going through the hassle haha we’ll get through this :D

ARB0428

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hahhahah! I dont know why, but reading that someone else also does this make me seem less crazy. :D:D
And to imagine we are still early in the game. Yikes It's gonna be tough trying to restrain from logging in so many times.
No judgements here hahaha Better to be early than deferring the intake because the study permit did not get approved on time right? With all the delays nowadays, wise thing to be early.

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
Just focus on doing something else I guess? Watch Netflix/YouTube, study something or prepare yourself for your future studies. I know it’s hard not to check the status of your application but if it happens you’ll get an email so why even bother going through the hassle haha we’ll get through this :D
Hahah thanks for this pep talk! #WeWillGetThruThis
I should really redirect my focus. Stay strong y'all :D

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Alrighty yall.. so update : I was able to get my biometrics done yesterday and it was updated on gckey sameday. I keep logging in to check for updates. Anybody as anxious and paranoid as myself? Haha
This extensive wait time is gonna send my blood pressure throught the roof :D
AHHH we are in the same boat. This anxiousness is killing me. I'm continuously checking my mail and my GC key for an update.Sigh

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, is it possible to apply for Study permit without IELTS I got admission in University of Manitoba
I'm not a 100% sure. I think it depends on the country you are applying from. Try and find the application package specific for your countryon the cic website. The document checklist will tell you all you need to submit in support of your application.

d.mondragon

Feb 22, 2021
Hey! I'm thrilled to hear that we're going for the same college and intake. Let's connect!!! It looks like the Manila office is handling your application that's why the response is immediate. For me, there is no movement in my app after my biometrics update. It's making me anxious huhu
Hello, kumusta? :) Yes, let’s keep each other updated. What course are you going to get in Centennial? My application hasn’t moved yet after my post days ago, it’s still on the “medical passed” and “review of eligibility” part. Let’s all stay positive, I know waiting for the results can be anxiety-inducing at times but let’s all hope for the best in our applications :)

My best friend’s also applying with me (separate application but also in Centennial College, May 2021 intake and same course) to Canada but she hasn’t lodged her application yet, maybe first week of March.

inognito

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
SDS India
Jul 2021 Intake

File Submission: February 17, 2021
Submission Confirmation: February 18, 2021
BIL: February 19, 2021
Review of eligibility: -
Review of medical results: -
Biometrics: February 22, 2021
Background check: -
Final decision: -

Reactions: benmelsong

CNS

Feb 25, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hi!
Non-SDS (Philippines) for Fall 2021 intake at NAIT
Application Submitted: Feb 8
Biometrics Request: Feb 9
Biometrics Completed: Feb16
Review of Eligibility: started on Feb22
Background Check: started on Feb22

Currently, just waiting for the medical request letter. Now regretting not having submitted an Upfront Medical Exam :(