Apr 14, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, my student permit has been refused based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. (I dont have any family in Canada and my has been living in Kuwait for over 20 years with running a business)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. (Studying is the purpose, seems vague)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence. (I have got a secure as a risk analyst for an insurance firm and there are many insurance firms and financial institutions in Kuwait if i were loose my current job)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. (i have never had a gap in my employment since i graduated)

I will now apply for my GCMS notes to see what they have got to say so I can hire an immigration lawyer to help me.

I will be applying for a UK student visa within the next 2 weeks as a fall back option.

Cant believe they kept my file for over 5 months only to reject my application.

Good luck to everyone! Hope all of you will reach Canada in the next few months.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, my student permit has been refused based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. (I dont have any family in Canada and my has been living in Kuwait for over 20 years with running a business)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. (Studying is the purpose, seems vague)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence. (I have got a secure as a risk analyst for an insurance firm and there are many insurance firms and financial institutions in Kuwait if i were loose my current job)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. (i have never had a gap in my employment since i graduated)

I will now apply for my GCMS notes to see what they have got to say so I can hire an immigration lawyer to help me.

I will be applying for a UK student visa within the next 2 weeks as a fall back option.

Cant believe they kept my file for over 5 months only to reject my application.

Good luck to everyone! Hope all of you will reach Canada in the next few months.
I'm sorry to hear that. Was this your first application? Could you share your timeline?

studentpermitcomeon

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
I'm sorry to hear that. Was this your first application? Could you share your timeline?
Yeah, my first application. Application lodged on 14.02.2021, biometrics done on 21.02.2021, eligibility review started on 25.07.2021, BVL on 26.07.2021 and refusal today.

leon_dimitri

Apr 4, 2016
I have been waiting for them to ask me to go do the medicals but have not received anything. On the Application status website, it shows they are processing the March 21st week (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html). Does anybody know if that only takes into consideration people who have already submitted everything, including the medicals?

My timeline is this:
Application non-SDS submitted on February 25th.
Biometric completed on April 13th
Medicals: still waiting.
Applying from Brazil.
Update:
Got the letter for the medicals on August 4th, and I have done it on August 6th.

Ayoni

Jul 20, 2021
Hi to all. I just need to check if anyone has the same experience as mine. Here's my timeline:
Non-SDS May2021 intake, applying from PH

Visa application - February 19th
Biometrics - February 26th
Medical upfront (family of 3) - March 8th
Husband (OWP) and daughter's Medical Passed - March 26th
Police clearance - April 8th

Only today my profile got an update, Medical request letter.
Any advise on what should I do? Should I upload the eMedical Information sheet thru Webform to indicate that I have completed an upfront medical?
Appreciate anyone's help. Thank you!
Please let me know how it's going, because I did my biometrics just about the same date as you

NomanAhmed96

Nov 16, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
29-05-2021
Med's Request
12-08-2021
Med's Done....
17-08-2021
Passport Req..
30-09-2021
What is the trend in NON-SDS? How long does it take to get PPR after medical examination passed?

Godswill88

Sep 19, 2021
Below is the letter
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence.
You have an outstanding debt to the Crown of CAD $150.00 for previous Immigration service(s)
rendered.
Kindly contact Collection Services at 1-888-448-4426 or by email to: IRCC.FINDebtstotheCrown-
DettesalaCouronneFIN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with application number
The processing of the current application or any future applications will be on hold until the debt is
cleared.
This must be received at this office by: 2021/06/21
Please how did you resolve the outstanding debt.... I’m currently in that situation now .... please try to reply fast please