+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those who filed their application on February 2021, gather here~

Ever

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Did you get only one ghost update before ppr?
On that day, I tried to refresh many times and log in many times, but it shows updated, then submitted then nothing changes on my profile. I used my computer then smartphone, but same "glitch".
But the following day I received BVL and PPR..

Reactions: DevSB

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
On that day, I tried to refresh many times and log in many times, but it shows updated, then submitted then nothing changes on my profile. I used my computer then smartphone, but same "glitch".
But the following day I received BVL and PPR..
And did you receive any ghost update before that day from the day you applied?

Cmu

Mar 2, 2021
I have received 3 ghost update before(12-72 hours) my medical and ppr. sometimes its due to technical glitch.
To me nothing is ghost. I think when they work on your file at the back end ,such updates are reflected in the application and off course they are not for us unless they are decided .

Reactions: arindam.d
Mar 25, 2021
Hi All,
I submitted my application on 8th March and updated the Biometrics on 16th.
I noticed later that my Loan documents were not uploaded and sent a webform - I got an email today saying they will open my application account and let me upload the documents in the next 5 days. This really gave me a panic attack (missing documents part), so I am trying to cover all bases with this upload documents opportunity.
Does it make sense to get my medical done in the meantime or should I wait for them to request it?
Anyone who got their medical exam after submitting but before the IRCC requested it?
Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks,
Isha.
Quick update and question to you all - It has been over 10 days (5 business days) since I got the email to upload documents but the account doesn't give me an option to. Should I wait for another day or two or send another webform?
Really unsure what the timelines are like and I know this is easter weekend but the application is with Bangalore office at the moment.
Any advise would help! :)

douglasr

Feb 20, 2021
That is what we call "ghost update ". I read somewhere that it happens when a immigration officer opens/processes your file. It happenstance me and after a day I got BVL and PPR.
Expensive update to your file soon. Goodluck!
Same happened to me today! Hopefully I get the BVL and PPR tomorrow lol.

Reactions: Ever

A.Y.C.A.

Jan 23, 2021
Same happened to me today! Hopefully I get the BVL and PPR tomorrow lol.
I hope so, but I don’t think a ghost update means an immigration officer is working on the profile.

I received 2 ghost updates in the last 2 or three days, even though Canada and its visa offices around the world are closed last Friday and today ( Monday), and still we get ghost updates even during holidays!

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I hope so, but I don’t think a ghost update means an immigration officer is working on the profile.

I received 2 ghost updates in the last 2 or three days, even though Canada and its visa offices around the world are closed last Friday and today ( Monday), and still we get ghost updates even during holidays!
Embassies are closed for general consular services, not IRCC.

douglasr

Feb 20, 2021

Reactions: Ever and A.Y.C.A.