+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

ozlack

Apr 24, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hello po. I have 3 different NOC's, 2 are under NOC C and 1 under NOC 0. I'm only claiming points from my NOC 0.

Question po: Do I still need to provide detailed reference letters for my NOC C even if I'm not claiming points from it? Thank you for your inputs. Godbless!
Eto po ay opinion ko lamang at baka po mas maraming mas nakakaalam, sa aking palagay po ay oo dahil dun sa profile kapag nagtuloy na ang application ay kailangan din iupload dun sa lahat ng mga dineclare na trabaho.

Good luck po regards

LTheanine

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
guys anybody of you have tried st lukes bocobo ermita for the medical? I am seeing a lot for horror stories in terms of the testing that they (i.e. sputum) even if you are generally clear

2018expresso

Aug 21, 2018
guys anybody of you have tried st lukes bocobo ermita for the medical? I am seeing a lot for horror stories in terms of the testing that they (i.e. sputum) even if you are generally clear
No bad experience at all. Although you have to be there early. I got there 6am and there were already more than 100 people.

LTheanine

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
No bad experience at all. Although you have to be there early. I got there 6am and there were already more than 100 people.
Thanks! yes indeed seems like all is okay had my medical yesterday. Anyway, they just gave me a sheet of paper (with eMedical something) and the receipt. according to them they will just call me if anything else is needed. Is the white sheet the one you are going to upload in the eAPR? and how soon should i ? should i wait for 7 days (which according to the medical personnel I will learn if something else if up with my medical)

thanks a lot this forum is really helpful

ozlack

Apr 24, 2018
Category........
FSW
Thanks! Ang concern ko pa sana, if may e-mail notification every time mag move ng step? or kailangan ba regularly ako magcheck to monitor progress ng application? How was it for you guys? :)

Thanks again!
Magandang araw po,

Hindi masyado sa email, nakakuha lang po kame ng email 2 beses total, unang beses from NA1 to IP1 isang araw after ang aming nasubmit. Sunod na email po ay yun PPR na sa SPAM pa po sya dumiretso. April 19 2018 at June 8 2018. Halos araw araw ko lang tinitignan yun account at tinitignan yun status ng background check at nakiki usyoso sa mga kabatch sa AOR [Month] thread.

Salamat po at good luck

Reactions: 2018expresso

ozlack

Apr 24, 2018
Category........
FSW
Thanks! yes indeed seems like all is okay had my medical yesterday. Anyway, they just gave me a sheet of paper (with eMedical something) and the receipt. according to them they will just call me if anything else is needed. Is the white sheet the one you are going to upload in the eAPR? and how soon should i ? should i wait for 7 days (which according to the medical personnel I will learn if something else if up with my medical)

thanks a lot this forum is really helpful
Magandang araw po,

Sa akin lang po experience ay upload lang po yun scanned netong papel na eto at diretso na po yung resulta. Maya maya ay yun profile nyo po ay mauupdate na tinatawag nila na

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

Good luck po regards

Shani1214

Feb 23, 2018
Hi everyone!

Sharing again (sorry, long post)... this time about my experience with ScotiaBank's Start Right Program International accounts opening.

Since my husband and I are hoping to be as independent as possible, we decided to bring as much of our life savings we could. Unfortunately, after a friend of ours posted on social media that some of her items were nearly stolen at the airport after the security x-rays, we became very keen on transferring or transporting our savings to Canada in the safest possible way. If people are just going to pick-pocket our demand drafts in NAIA, too much time will be wasted just to get access to the funds again. We therefore looked at the option of sending money via wire-transfer to your own ScotiaBank account that can be opened online.

I asked @Xiaociaoshaw_02 here about her experience with Bank of Nova Scotia's start right program. Her attempt at sending her funds ahead did not fall through due to some bank miscommunications. But I thank her for all the help and insight she gave me. Here's my experience:

I opened the ScotiaBank account online. You will need personal details including your passport number and your UCI. It took less than 15 minutes and they sent a reply message in less than 24 hours to my email that the account opening was successful. Communication from Scotiabank regarding your account after this point will be done via their secure email service (details of how to use it will be on the initial reply email series).

I then went to the main branch of my bank for the global funds transfer services. [Although I could have done this step at any of the nearest bank branches (since my local bank is "bank anywhere"), some poor service experiences at the branches nearest me convinced me to do the wire transfer at the main branch.] I advise you to bring print-outs of your communication with scotia bank and study the fees of your bank for wire transfers ahead of time to abbreviate the process. Try to get to your branch way ahead of the cut-off times. If your transaction is not processed before the cut-off, you may have to return the following day (which is what happened to me) because foreign exchange rates vary daily, even hourly.

After the telex/ wire-transfer was finalized last Tuesday afternoon Manila time, I got a message from ScotiaBank last night (Thursday night Manila time) that they successfully received the funds for my account. This was much quicker than the projected processing times (varied between the bank employees we spoke to: between 3-5 banking days to 4-7 banking days). I will now be able to simply bring the records of the wire transfer from my bank and the confirmation of the wire transfer from ScotiaBank as part of my proof of funds on landing. When I get to Canada, I simply show the same records and identification to gain access to my funds.

Here are the Pros:
- Safety during your travel. Pick-pocket all you want thieves, all you get are lint bits and papers in my pocket!
- Convenience. My money is waiting for me when I get there.
- Peace of mind.
- Accessibility. Once we get to Canada and "formally open" the account, we will virtually have immediate access to the money (compared to demand draft clearing times of 10 days to over 30 days).
- Online chat. I used the online chat on scotia bank's website to communicate any concerns I had with Scotia Bank customer service before I even started this process until after the funds were transferred. They are very easy to chat with and alleviated all my concerns.

Here are the Cons:
- This is a one-time transfer of up to CAD 50,000. So (1) transfer one-time in bulk and (2) plan your financial steps ahead of time because you will no longer have access to these funds until you get to the ScotiaBank branch of your choice in Canada. You cannot add to the funds as a second wire transfer if you happen to procure additional funds you want to bring so plan carefully.
- You need lead time. Depending on your local bank, telex transfers can take up to 10 banking days or more. So I recommend a lead time of at least 2-3 weeks before you fly (my lead time is 1 month). I was very lucky my wire transfer finalized in less than 48 hours.
- Fees. Transaction fees can be steep, depending on your bank. The amount you transfer also affects the fees-- the more money you send, the larger the fee. Research first if this will affect you and your finances.
- Possible transfer problems. I kept my source account open by leaving some money in there until the wire transfer went through (in case there were problems and the money just bounces back... If the funds do bounce back for whatever reason, you will still be deducted fees for the re-send of your funds. Sad, but true. ) Now that the transfer was successful, I can use the remaining funds to buy some CAD cash before flying, and effectively close that local bank account.
- According to some, Scotia Bank may not have the best deals for new immigrants. After research, we believed it was good enough for me and my husband so we went with it. Please do your research before you choose this option as it may not be the one you would prefer in the end.

I am not in any way affiliated with Scotia Bank, in case anyone is wondering :) . Just sharing the positives of what I experienced. Maybe later, when time permits and our transfer of funds with our other bank (HSBC) pushes through, I'll also tell you guys about it here.

Hope this helps for those who are interested in the start right program.
Hi there
If our wire transfer gets rejected for any reason, how much time will take to bounce back the money ?
Regards,

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
hi, thanks sa info.

nakabalik na ko ng SG nung 21 Aug, d naman kami hinanapan ng PDOS kahit nakita yung Canada visa namin ng wife ko.
Good for you. My case was different because my daughter has no valid visa to SG, so that may be the reason they looked for her PDOS.

All the best to you.:)

Frito_Bandito

Jul 1, 2018
Mga kabayan, I need your advice and insight. I am a Filipino living in the Philippines and I plan to immigrate to Canada. I am in a very sticky situation though.

I have not lived with my wife and 2 kids for 8 years now (but not legally separated or annulled since we do not have divorce in the Philippines). I have a girlfriend of 9 years but we do not live in the same house because we are in an identical situation (she and her 2 kids have not lived with her husband/father for several years already). The main reason why we haven't gotten annulled is because we have been financially struggling and going through it is just too expensive.

I have been reading the Canada immigration website for months now. But I also need your confirmation and advice regarding my situation.

1. Is it possible to immigrate to Canada bringing my partner and her kids along? From what I understand from the website, I need to immigrate first and then sponsor them because she is my conjugal partner and not my spouse.

2. If I am successful in immigrating to Canada and sponsor my partner as conjugal partner, what are the common mistakes I need to avoid? Is there anyone here who is in a similar situation who can share his/her experience so that I can learn from it?

3. If the sponsorship is denied or unsuccessful, what are the alternatives?

Thank you in advance.

2018expresso

Aug 21, 2018
Magandang araw po,

Hindi masyado sa email, nakakuha lang po kame ng email 2 beses total, unang beses from NA1 to IP1 isang araw after ang aming nasubmit. Sunod na email po ay yun PPR na sa SPAM pa po sya dumiretso. April 19 2018 at June 8 2018. Halos araw araw ko lang tinitignan yun account at tinitignan yun status ng background check at nakiki usyoso sa mga kabatch sa AOR [Month] thread.

Salamat po at good luck
Thanks for the response! Almost 1 month since i passed the medicals. No movement pa din from IP1 stage. Na-monitor nyo po ba progress ng application nyo from IP1, IP2 to PPR?

neij09

Sep 27, 2018
Hi All!

Anybody here from Benilde with a Culinary degree who tried WES evaluation? Tried their degree equivalency tool and the result is 2 yrs equivalency only. I'm thinking if I should withdraw my request and try IQAS instead.

Thanks in advance! :)

JeMaAnd

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Hi All!

Anybody here from Benilde with a Culinary degree who tried WES evaluation? Tried their degree equivalency tool and the result is 2 yrs equivalency only. I'm thinking if I should withdraw my request and try IQAS instead.

Thanks in advance! :)
Hi, If you want to be sure with the better result try IQAS. Mas matagal lang process pero mas lenient. I tried WES with my 5yrs Course at 3yrs lang binigay. With IQAS I got Bachelors Degree.

Reactions: neij09