+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hi, I'm just curious, have you and your husband tried applying directly to just the express entry? How's your CRS? Usually couple applications have a good chance of not needing PNP anymore.
Yup! Got PPR already (thru OINP) and moving to Toronto soon. :) Just wanted to let others know MPNP was open.

Reactions: arthurmr

snowcharm

Feb 4, 2018
Hi po, I am new in this site and we are planning to Migrate in Canada. Please add me in your WhatsApp group +97450485996. TIA

eyts

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
hey guys, sabi sa wes yung 4 year degree ko sa multimedia arts is 2 years community college diploma daw. So naisip ko mag 2 year diploma course ulit, para 2 na yung diploma ko. Makakatulong ba yun sa score?

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
Hi all, just to let you know that if you've sent Manitoba an expression of interest, you may have received their email last night/this morning. My husband and I were at 560 points and both received Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA). :) Baka lang napuntansa junk mail niyo
Hi babyfreeverse, when did you send your EOI? Do you have relatives din dun? Planning to do MPNP din eh pero wala akong connections to the province :/

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hi babyfreeverse, when did you send your EOI? Do you have relatives din dun? Planning to do MPNP din eh pero wala akong connections to the province :/
We sent it early last year, I think around April 2017. Yes, I have 2 uncles there (mom's brothers). Just try it :) wala mawawala :) good luck!

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
hey guys, sabi sa wes yung 4 year degree ko sa multimedia arts is 2 years community college diploma daw. So naisip ko mag 2 year diploma course ulit, para 2 na yung diploma ko. Makakatulong ba yun sa score?
Madalas din talaga "lower" ang equivalent ng PH degrees sa ECA. Hindi magandang option yung 2nd 2-year course for many reasons, pero mainly this:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Long term, consider higher degree na lang like masters. Or maybe application with spouse (married or common-law) for combined points, if your current plan is individual.

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
Hi arthurmr, thank you, sayang :(

Hey all, sorry pero I'm in dire need of advice, sobrang nakaka stress na kasi tong EE haha. My score is 419, with max IELTS and I really don't know how to bump it up.

- I'm a graphic designer with a NOC code of B. I'm 24 and I have three years of experience.

- I'm single rin which is why hindi ko magamit yung application with spouse route.

- My degree from DLS-CSB was only counted by WES as 2 years. Anyone from CSB who had the same result? Is it better to try na sa iba magpa-accredit?

- I want to try the MPNP, but I have no connections to the province. Is there a chance to receive a nomination from them since my occupation is in their in demand list?

- Mas worth it kayang mag Masters? Para madagdagan score ko.

Thank you to anyone who'll reply. I'm feeling really lost, pag-asa ko nalang is if the draw dips down to 419, which is very unlikely.

nicooooo

Jan 4, 2018
@mjtraptor30

Masters will add points to your education. If you are not in a rush, take it. You are 24 and still have a lot of time ahead of you, however, your IELTS will probably expire. Otherwise, take any provincial nomination program available.

Reactions: angelistamaria

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hi arthurmr, thank you, sayang :(

Hey all, sorry pero I'm in dire need of advice, sobrang nakaka stress na kasi tong EE haha. My score is 419, with max IELTS and I really don't know how to bump it up.

- I'm a graphic designer with a NOC code of B. I'm 24 and I have three years of experience.

- I'm single rin which is why hindi ko magamit yung application with spouse route.

- My degree from DLS-CSB was only counted by WES as 2 years. Anyone from CSB who had the same result? Is it better to try na sa iba magpa-accredit?

- I want to try the MPNP, but I have no connections to the province. Is there a chance to receive a nomination from them since my occupation is in their in demand list?

- Mas worth it kayang mag Masters? Para madagdagan score ko.

Thank you to anyone who'll reply. I'm feeling really lost, pag-asa ko nalang is if the draw dips down to 419, which is very unlikely.
Kelan ka nagcreate ng ee acct mo? Sabi nila better daw pag nagrerecreate ka ng acct (withdraw then recreate with same GC Key acct) kasi yung Ontario daw nag hahanap regularly ng above 400crs. Kung ganun pasok ka na. :)

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
Kelan ka nagcreate ng ee acct mo? Sabi nila better daw pag nagrerecreate ka ng acct (withdraw then recreate with same GC Key acct) kasi yung Ontario daw nag hahanap regularly ng above 400crs. Kung ganun pasok ka na. :)
Hi @babyfreeverse, nakagawa na ko ng GC but not yet yung EE kasi wala pa kong official accreditation from WES. :D I'd prefer nga sana yung Ontario PNP, pero I read na requirement nila is Bachelors Degree equivalent

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Master's degree is 135 pts vs 98 for 2-year degree. So yes, it's a significant bump. Of course you have to finish that first, in addition to another WES evaluation.

There's also the option of looking for work here already. A valid job offer will not only give you pts, but will also speed up your processing time down to about 2 months iirc.

419 isn't impossible. I think in 2016, the CRS went down to as low as high 300s. The 2018 cycle also started with a relatively low CRS at 400 level, vs the earlier years at 500-600.

Here's a link to the CRS breakdown, explore which ones you can manage to get :) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hi @babyfreeverse, nakagawa na ko ng GC but not yet yung EE kasi wala pa kong official accreditation from WES. :D I'd prefer nga sana yung Ontario PNP, pero I read na requirement nila is Bachelors Degree equivalent
Yes, Bachelors degree yung OINP. Naalala ko may kabatch ako sa OINP na namomroblema na nasa Decision in Progress na siya tapos yun pala for Bachelors degree lang pwede. Kung wala pa official word from WES, san galing yung 2yrs? Hopefully mabigyan ka ng Bachelors degree equivalent ng WES.

Nabasa ko sa fb saka sa forums na madaming nagaral sa India, kahit masters degree ang assessment bachelors degree padin. That's one thing to take note of.

Mataas naman ang 419! If you can wait for PNP, maganda ganda chance mo dun kung di pa bababa yung crs sa draw.