+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi.

May naka experience po ba dito na hindi nagbibigay ng bank statement yung bank? Sa Chinabank po kasi, if you only have a passbook acct, they dont issue a bank statement. Instead photocopy lang nung passbook then the branch manager will sign it. Ok lang po ba yun? I already have a bank cert with ADB of past 6 months. Thank you.
Thanks for sharing this. It will depend on your bank's policy. Did you tell them the purpose? Perhaps they believe your passbook entries can suffice as official bank documentation of your transactions. Maybe you can also ask outside of the Pinoy Forum if IRCC will accept copies of your passbook. Good luck!

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for sharing this. It will depend on your bank's policy. Did you tell them the purpose? Perhaps they believe your passbook entries can suffice as official bank documentation of your transactions. Maybe you can also ask outside of the Pinoy Forum if IRCC will accept copies of your passbook. Good luck!
Hi! Thanks for the response. I already tried talking to the branch manager. She told me we could request bank statements from the head office but the process will take about 2 weeks.

My question is, can i submit bank statements that are 2-3 week old? Thank you.

CIIP Philippines

May 27, 2016
Hi To All!

I just received my PPR yesterday at around noon. Below is my timeline.

PNP-Outland applicant
Aor: march 08
Ppr: nov 09
Congratulations! We hope that you can attend the Planning for Canada session so that you can receive information and guidance to help you find the best career and settlement options in Canada. Once you register, you will be invited to attend a group orientation and a one-on-one planning session. Afterwards, you will receive the action plan and you will be referred to partner organizations in Canada to help you further with regard to the steps that you will be taking to get a job and get settled faster.

To register, please visit www.planningforcanada.ca
You may also see stories from our participants and other useful information on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PlanningforCanadaPhilippinesCIIP/

To others who are still waiting for the PPR, please register as soon as you reach the medical stage. It is best to attend as early as possible so that you have more time to prepare before going to Canada.

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi. Anyone here po na nahingan ng more than 6 months na bank statement? Like 1 yr po na bank statements? Thank you.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi! Thanks for the response. I already tried talking to the branch manager. She told me we could request bank statements from the head office but the process will take about 2 weeks.

I think it should be fine, still recent. I'm not familiar with Chinabank, but check if you have some sort of online or mailed statements. Maybe try a different branch too haha. If I recall correctly, it's important to have the bank header and contact details on the statements you'll submit.

I submitted a bank cert (summary of accts, with total, avg balance and opening dates) together with the 6 months recent statement for the post-ITA stage (c/o BPI).

eyts

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi.

May naka experience po ba dito na hindi nagbibigay ng bank statement yung bank? Sa Chinabank po kasi, if you only have a passbook acct, they dont issue a bank statement. Instead photocopy lang nung passbook then the branch manager will sign it. Ok lang po ba yun? I already have a bank cert with ADB of past 6 months. Thank you.
Ang ginawa ko po is nag print ako ng online bank statement from chinabank online banking system tapos pina-stamp as certified true copy ko dun sa branch kung saan ako nag-open ng passbook account.

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Ang ginawa ko po is nag print ako ng online bank statement from chinabank online banking system tapos pina-stamp as certified true copy ko dun sa branch kung saan ako nag-open ng passbook account.
6 months po ba yung naretrieve mo na data sa online banking system nila? Thank you.

nettiekiki

Aug 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

Got the golden email on the 23rd of November!!!

The email came from MANILA visa office. I have no idea if from CPC-Ottawa they transferred my application to MVO. I am FSW-Outland

Here's a little bit of my timeline to those who are interested:

AOR - July 11
RPRF Request - August 17
PPR - November 23
Passed my passport to VFS Global for stamping the very next day 24th of November.

Ask ko lang how many days or weeks before ko makuha yung passport ko? Sa experiences niyo from submission of passport to getting back mga ilang days kaya? I'm asking because I have a flight during Christmas holidays and kinakabahan ako if makukuha ko yung passport just in time for my flight. Hope you can help me with this dilemma. :)

Miles79

Nov 27, 2017
Dear all,

First of all, thank you for creating this forum.

I am new in this group and seeking for your help. I've been in the Middle East for 11 years working as an Office Administrator and interested to migrate to Canada. I have no idea/relatives/job offer, how could I start my application? What are the procedures, requirements and others?

Looking forward to receiving your assistance.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi everyone,

The email came from MANILA visa office. I have no idea if from CPC-Ottawa they transferred my application to MVO. I am FSW-Outland

AOR - July 11
RPRF Request - August 17
PPR - November 23
Passed my passport to VFS Global for stamping the very next day 24th of November.

Ask ko lang how many days or weeks before ko makuha yung passport ko? Sa experiences niyo from submission of passport to getting back mga ilang days kaya? I'm asking because I have a flight during Christmas holidays and kinakabahan ako if makukuha ko yung passport just in time for my flight. Hope you can help me with this dilemma. :)
Hey, congratulations! Likely they processed your file in Manila. I noticed that they have been load-sharing to the local visa offices lately (got my PPR in July, processed in Ottawa but I noticed that since autumn, they had to send out to LVOs).

I handed our passports myself at VFS Manila and received it back within three working days. Please add courier time to your wait if you use that option of course. I was also rushing a tourist visa application during the time I was to submit my passport to VFS Manila. Sign up for the e-mail/SMS updates regarding your passport processing/stamping if you are in a rush. The fee is minimal compared to the peace of mind... dropping off and picking up yourself also reduces risk of errors and delays, which is why I decided to forgo the courier service.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017

I think your bank statement is valid for 3-6 months. Not sure, but that's the timeline I was following for majority of the Canadian immigration application process and other visa applications.

honeybee08

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
They might ask for both the old and the new passports to: (1) stamp the newer passport with new single-entry immigrant visa counterfoil and (2) close the visa (cancel without prejudice) on the old one. On the flip side, he may just need to carry both passports since the visa is still valid like @arthurmr said.

I can't recall-- does your passport number appear on the COPR? It might need to match.

Good luck! Hope you can update us on what happens.
Thanks for the inputs! We have decided to just use the old passport and just get the new passport after coming back since we are only planning on doing a soft landing. We also checked with the embassy and they said it’s ok as long as the current passport is still valid for travelling.

Reactions: arthurmr

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

AOR - July 11
RPRF Request - August 17
PPR - November 23

Congrats! Same case with angelistamaria, took around 3 working days for me back in Sept. I opted for the pickup instead of courier.
Friendly reminder, bags and earphones are NOT allowed in the VFS Manila office. Either have a companion wait outside to hold your stuff (while only bringing in the docs), or you'd have to rent a security locker inside.