+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
mic-mic said:
Thanks bellaluna! One last question, your EE profile can be updated any time? Suppose created the profile Nov 30, 2016 and want to claim more points under education when I graduate on May 2017 and say we try to get an LMIA appoved?
Yes.

To be frank: you'll have a better shot getting a provincial nomination than an LMIA with your wife's job. Your wife's employer has to apply for the LMIA, not her. Most don't want to do it because it is difficult and expensive. PNP with job offer usually just requires simple documents like the contract and you do it yourself.

Edited to add: Looks like the CRS has been updated so that LMIAs in NOCs A and B only add 50 points, while only NOC 00 series adds 200 points.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
This is an article I just read effective on Nov 19:
#################

significant changes to job offers are:

A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification.A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA). The new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer:

Individuals with a work permit issued under an international agreement, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).Individuals with a work permit issued under the ‘significant benefits to Canada’ criteria, such as Intra-Company Transfers.

In both above cases, the worker must have been working in Canada for at least one year and the job offer must be made by the same employer named on the work permit.

################

From this excerpt, I feel lke we can get 50 points without LMIA but then again, my thinking might be clouded with wishful thinking :D

Thank you for the advice bellaluna! I'll keep an eye out for the PNP of ontario. My IELTS result should be out in a couple of hours. Wish me luck guys!

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
Hi sa mga nakakuha po ng Sg COC ask ko lang ano ang expiry date na nilagay nyo? Wala po kasi sa COC nakaindicate e hinahanap sya para maiupload ko po yung addtl doc?! salamat po

cezil_22

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016 E-APR
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-10-2016 Med Passed
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-22-16
LANDED..........
01-14-17 landing
Mga kabayan, sa wakas po PPR nako. Ang tanong affected po kaya application ko sa bagong ranking ng cic?

fsw outland w/ job offer
EE profile: 11/23/15
ita: 7/29/16
e-apr: 9/30
aor: 9/30
med passed: 10/4
request for add'l docs: 10/5
submitted singapore coc: 10/18
background check in progress: 11/5
PPR: 11/11

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
Congrats cezil_22!

I just have a question regarding your COC, ano po nilagay mo sa expiry date? Wala kasi nakaindicate e need sya before maupload?! Salamat po at good luck!

cezil_22

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016 E-APR
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-10-2016 Med Passed
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-22-16
LANDED..........
01-14-17 landing
noramime said:
Congrats cezil_22!

I just have a question regarding your COC, ano po nilagay mo sa expiry date? Wala kasi nakaindicate e need sya before maupload?! Salamat po at good luck!

expiry date po ba ng singapore coc? im not sure, may consultant po kasi na nagaasikaso ng application ko. ineemail na lang po sakin mga updates.

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
Ah ok. opo Sg COC, hinihingi kasi kaso wala naman po nakaindicate sa COC face.. hindi ko alam ano po ilalagay dun, mahirap kasi mgkamali..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
mic-mic said:
From this excerpt, I feel lke we can get 50 points without LMIA but then again, my thinking might be clouded with wishful thinking :D

Thank you for the advice bellaluna! I'll keep an eye out for the PNP of ontario. My IELTS result should be out in a couple of hours. Wish me luck guys!
Good luck on the IELTS!

It depends: if your wife's job was from a permit gained under NAFTA, ICT, Mobilité francophone or the like: that's when it can be qualified without an LMIA. Otherwise, she still needs an LMIA to gain the 50 points.

CIIP Philippines

May 27, 2016
cezil_22 said:
Mga kabayan, sa wakas po PPR nako. Ang tanong affected po kaya application ko sa bagong ranking ng cic?

fsw outland w/ job offer
EE profile: 11/23/15
ita: 7/29/16
e-apr: 9/30
aor: 9/30
med passed: 10/4
request for add'l docs: 10/5
submitted singapore coc: 10/18
background check in progress: 11/5
PPR: 11/11
Cogratulations, cezil_22! Please sign up for Planning for Canada so we can help you prepare for your career and settlement in Canada.

Invest in your success by registering now for a FREE Pre-arrival Orientation & Planning Session!

The CIIP-Philippines office conducts online and in-person sessions across the Philippines.

Since 2007, the Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) has provided orientations helping over 40,000 immigrants find appropriate employment faster.

As of December 2015, CIIP has partnered with COA to deliver services under a new program called Planning for Canada.

• A Free service, funded by the Government of Canada

Planning for Canada is open for Economic Class immigrants who are in their final stages of moving to Canada as Permanent Residents

• How Do You Register for Planning for Canada? The fastest way to register is online at our website - planningforcanada.ca

Planning for Canada was designed and managed by the Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM).

elle03

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-12-2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
mic-mic said:
This is an article I just read effective on Nov 19:
#################

significant changes to job offers are:

A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification.A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA). The new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer:

Individuals with a work permit issued under an international agreement, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).Individuals with a work permit issued under the ‘significant benefits to Canada’ criteria, such as Intra-Company Transfers.

In both above cases, the worker must have been working in Canada for at least one year and the job offer must be made by the same employer named on the work permit.

################

Ontario PNP takes so long. Good luck!

AndreaB

Nov 14, 2016
Hello, guys!

I was in Canada recently last August to visit my relatives in Ontario. I'm a college fresh graduate and I'm 21 years old. Just wanna ask if ilang years of experience work po ba ang kailangan to be able to apply/ approved for an Express Entry Program? As of now, wala pa po akong nakukuhang work dito, ang hirap po kumuha ng experience na related sa course ko. Gusto ko pang po sana kumuha ng kahit anong work para po magkaroon ako ng experience na maapprove for Express Entry Program.

I hope po ma-help niyo ako.

Thank you!

PurpleStar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
AndreaB said:
Hello, guys!

I was in Canada recently last August to visit my relatives in Ontario. I'm a college fresh graduate and I'm 21 years old. Just wanna ask if ilang years of experience work po ba ang kailangan to be able to apply/ approved for an Express Entry Program? As of now, wala pa po akong nakukuhang work dito, ang hirap po kumuha ng experience na related sa course ko. Gusto ko pang po sana kumuha ng kahit anong work para po magkaroon ako ng experience na maapprove for Express Entry Program.

I hope po ma-help niyo ako.

Thank you!
Hi AndreaB, at least 1 year full-time work experience in NOC 0, A or B. Good luck sa job hunting!

dec09mommy

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Just received PPR yesterday and submitted our passports today. Thanks be to God!

SK-landers, kitakits next year! :0