+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For ECA which is preferred-WES, CES or ICAS

rohit2085

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi guys ,

I'm an MBA from Nirma University (it's not PGDM) but WES recognize it as PGDM.

What should I choose : CES, IQAS, ices
Please help .

Your help will be much appreciated.

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hi guys ,

I'm an MBA from Nirma University (it's not PGDM) but WES recognize it as PGDM.

What should I choose : CES, IQAS, ices
Please help .
Mostly all are giving diploma only except from iim etc

You can try ces or ices , Iqas will take around 7 months !!
These two around. 2.5 months

Your help will be much appreciated.

asastephs

Apr 12, 2019
Good day, i just creasted an account with Wes, but i got a pop up message, saying WES doesn't evaluate academic records from my school, that if credentials is included it may will cause a delay in processing my evaluation report.
Does it means i cannot use WES or any other evaluating body for the evaluation

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Good day, i just creasted an account with Wes, but i got a pop up message, saying WES doesn't evaluate academic records from my school, that if credentials is included it may will cause a delay in processing my evaluation report.
Does it means i cannot use WES or any other evaluating body for the evaluation

It means Wes won’t evaluate this degree

U can check with other organisations but it depends on is the institute and degree
Without knowing that it’s not possible to answer your question

rohit2085

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi guys,

I am going through CES for my ECA.
While filling the form, there is one checkbox that i should select/de-select. After i select it, I have to fill the Organisation details. Do I need to select it and give IRCC details as third party here. Request your help here, please.

"Use this form if you would like to:
  • Authorize the release of information regarding your CES educational credential assessment to a third party
  • Designate an individual or organization as your representative to CES
AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION ABOUT MY EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT

Complete this section if you would like to authorize CES to release information regarding your educational credential assessment to a third party. The individual or organization you authorize will be able to obtain information about the status of your application and the outcome of your assessment.

I authorize CES to release information to the following:"

asastephs

Apr 12, 2019
It means Wes won’t evaluate this degree

U can check with other organisations but it depends on is the institute and degree
Without knowing that it’s not possible to answer your question

Thanks very much, i sent a mail to Ices, they replied by saying it positive or negative based on the credentials submitted and "However what is positive or negative to each individual is subjective and based on one’s own requirements".

May 14, 2019
What would be the route for a bachelors degree in dentistry? Should I send the documents from the university or send it through HEC, keeping in mind that my university is extremely slow and likely won't be doing me a solid for this. And is ces a good option for the said degree? Also, might have a minor hickup, so 95% of my education is from o and a levels and there is one paper which I gave from matric. Which is why I'm considering ces over Wes because they don't need secondary education documents. Would love to hear your thoughts.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
If you are an Indian

And have an MBA not from an IIT or IIM - Choose ICAS, IQES, BCIT or CES, NOT WES. WES won't give you a Master Equivalency, but a Diploma.

If your award is from Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) or you have award obtained from a distance learning mode - Opt for ICAS, IQAS or CES.

If you have an award from Amity University - Go for WES or CES, do not choose ICAS, IQAS or BCIT, as they do not recognise Amity University for some vague reason.

For all other fields and universities, WES is good as WES is the fastest. WES says that they take 35 business days to complete your evaluation but in practice, they take around 2 calendar days to do so.

Gurpreet2440

Jun 7, 2019
Please suggest me... i have completed my b.com from panjab university and m.com from ignou.. which eca recognise me as master

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Please suggest me... i have completed my b.com from panjab university and m.com from ignou.. which eca recognise me as master
There is no telling. Some Masters have been calculated as Diplomas and some diplomas have been calculated as masters. Equivalency can depend on the course syllabus, whether it was part-time or full-time, whether it was acquired through distance learning or not, status of the awarding institute and etcetera. However, such parameters are only available with the evaluation agency and we can't tell whether yours would be given a master's equivalency or not, as it is from IGNOU.

You should go ahead with an agency and get an evaluation done. This is the only way to get a certainity. WES has free tool through which you can check your equivalency, however this tool is just for informative purpose and may not the give actual result which an evaluation would get you. https://applications.wes.org/degree-equivalency-tool/

I would recommend WES, CES or BCIT-ICES, because of similar processing times.

Gurpreet2440

Jun 7, 2019
There is no telling. Some Masters have been calculated as Diplomas and some diplomas have been calculated as masters. Equivalency can depend on the course syllabus, whether it was part-time or full-time, whether it was acquired through distance learning or not, status of the awarding institute and etcetera. However, such parameters are only available with the evaluation agency and we can't tell whether yours would be given a master's equivalency or not, as it is from IGNOU.

You should go ahead with an agency and get an evaluation done. This is the only way to get a certainity. WES has free tool through which you can check your equivalency, however this tool is just for informative purpose and may not the give actual result which an evaluation would get you. https://applications.wes.org/degree-equivalency-tool/

I would recommend WES, CES or BCIT-ICES, because of similar processing times.
I checked from wes degree equivalency tool... nd they showed that it is equal to bachelor degree.. now from where i shall do ??? Ices or ces