Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
cheeta37 said:
Hello all seniors,

I am applying for ECA. Following are my credential details in Pakistan and my one critical question:
  • MS Business Administration, 18 Years, NUML Islamabad University, Listed in designated academic institution list of WES
  • MBA (Finance) 16 Years, Govt. College University Faisalabad, Listed in designated academic institution list of WES
  • B.com 14 Years, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Listed in designated academic institution list of WES
  • D.com (HSC) 12 Years, Punjab Technical Education Board Lahore, Not listed in designated academic institution list of WES
  • Matric (SSC) 10 Years, Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Faisalabad, listed in designated academic institution list of WES

My HSC Certificate (12 Yers) mentioned in Red is from a nonlisted institution as per list on WES website. After reading about WES attitudes in some cases I think they will issue "Graduation" report by not considering 2 years of mentioned document.

Second suitable option is CES, I got all my Postsecondary document attested and sealed by HEC. Should I go for IBCC verification for SSC and HSC documents as well for CES?

Please suggest.

Why are you not thinking of using IQAS? I have seen several persons from your country use them. I used gem and I would definitely recommend them

cheeta37

May 11, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD → CHC LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2009
AOR Received.
05-08-2009
File Transfer...
Islamabad 05-08-2009 → London 30-06-2010 → Rejected 01-06-2012
IQAS required original Transcripts,

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
cheeta37 said:
IQAS required original Transcripts,
All ECAs require original transcript if am not mistaken. You only need to get transcript from the school from which your highest qualifications emanates frim. Not really vast with the appellations' in your description but it seem to me you have a masters degree. That is the only transcript you need. If your school can't send it , you can mail it yourself to IQAS which is what I did. Just ensure that at the courier office you put the name of the sender as your university. Your personal documents can be sent via fax or in the same courier envelop as your transcript. That is two envelops one postage. IQAS doesn't do the back and forth of WES

cheeta37

May 11, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD → CHC LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2009
AOR Received.
05-08-2009
File Transfer...
Islamabad 05-08-2009 → London 30-06-2010 → Rejected 01-06-2012
hamiltondreamer said:
All ECAs require original transcript if am not mistaken. You only need to get transcript from the school from which your highest qualifications emanates frim. Not really vast with the appellations' in your description but it seem to me you have a masters degree. That is the only transcript you need. If your school can't send it , you can mail it yourself to IQAS which is what I did. Just ensure that at the courier office you put the name of the sender as your university. Your personal documents can be sent via fax or in the same courier envelop as your transcript. That is two envelops one postage. IQAS doesn't do the back and forth of WES
No dear all ECAs do not require original documents. I am surprised to know that they all are working in Canada for the same purpose but requirements are totally different for every ECA company and moreover evaluations for same documents also differ between them. If WES evaluate a candidate as Graduate same candidate evaluated by other company as Masters.

CES do not require any original document or even any document directly from any institution. They also do not require SS and HSC attested copies, just simple copies will serve the requirement.

"Please refer to additional notes below regarding documents acceptable by CES:

HEC (Higher Education Commission) attested photocopies of the Degree Certificate and Mark Sheet/Result Card sent directly to CES by the HEC. (HEC can only attest documents for university-level degrees, e.g. Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.)

OR

Applicants may request that HEC place the attested copies in an official signed and sealed envelope. These copies can be in black & white or colour. The applicant can then forward this sealed envelope to CES with their application, along with their own copies, a signed application form, and payment.CES must be able to confirm the attestation on the HEC website."

http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/country-list/pakistan

Reactions: gaurul.c

TrueLiar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Anyone from Pakistan having 2 Years BCOM & 2 Years MBA from a renowned university. Please share assessment outcome from CES. Much appreciated. Thanks.

chirantan

May 14, 2017
i have completed diploma in Electronics and Communication and i have backlogs. I need to get my credentials evaluated for
Atlantic Immigration Pilot.

teejchubbs

Sep 11, 2016
I would suggest ICAS. Yes they are slow, it will make you wait for about 6 months before you receive your ECA report, unlike WES which is really fast. However, ICAS thoroughly reviews your credentials. I am a 4 year Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a 2 year Master Degree in Nursing holder. The Canadian Equivalency that I got is 3 year Bachelor's Degree and Master's degree. The results are worth the long wait.

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi,

I am going to start my ECA process and I was thinking to use University of Alberta for assessment (IQAS). My reason for going for this because it does not require me to attest my local degrees from HEC Pakistan ( Higher Education Commission) as it is a government institution and it is really cumbersome to make them do things correctly.

Has anybody had any experience with using Uni of Alberta for attestation? How was it?

jaeseung

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
I would suggest ICAS. Yes they are slow, it will make you wait for about 6 months before you receive your ECA report, unlike WES which is really fast. However, ICAS thoroughly reviews your credentials. I am a 4 year Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a 2 year Master Degree in Nursing holder. The Canadian Equivalency that I got is 3 year Bachelor's Degree and Master's degree. The results are worth the long wait.
How many years of primary education to secondary did you have? I am a korean from philippines and i only have 10 years + 4 years of degree from college. I feel like WES will reject my credentials

teejchubbs

Sep 11, 2016
How many years of primary education to secondary did you have? I am a korean from philippines and i only have 10 years + 4 years of degree from college. I feel like WES will reject my credentials
6 years of elementary education and 4 years of secondary education, 4 years of bachelors degree, and 2 years of masters. My colleagues availed an ECA from WES and they didn't like the results, so I tried ICAS, and I am satisfied with it.

Jan 8, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello Vishan,

I have a diploma from same institution (SCDL). I sent a query to ICAS and they responded that if the institute was recognized by UGC/DEC at the time of admission, they can evaluate the diploma. SCDL is recognized by UGC/DEC. Though I have not sent the transcripts, but kinda positive on sending that to ICAS.

Do let me if you have some positive response from any other agency.

Max
Have you sent the transcripts and got any positive reply?

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have applied for attestation through IQAS (Government of Alberta). I had sent my application through DHL and tracking site shows that the package has gotten to IQAS on May 30, 2017. However, I still haven't received any confirmation from IQAS.

Can anybody tell me when do they send the confirmation email that they have received the application?

Thanks.

Faran

cdasoon

Jul 4, 2017
I suggest to go with WES. Based on my experience, they are very fast and efficient in replying to my emails. However, I understand that processing varies from one applicant to another.

Sharing my timeline for reference.

12th June 2017 - WES received docs / review in process
16th June 2017 - Evaluation in Process
19th June 2017 - Docs prepared for delivery
21st June 2017 - Completed / 4-year Bachelor's

Reactions: rajafaran

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
I suggest to go with WES. Based on my experience, they are very fast and efficient in replying to my emails. However, I understand that processing varies from one applicant to another.

Sharing my timeline for reference.

12th June 2017 - WES received docs / review in process
16th June 2017 - Evaluation in Process
19th June 2017 - Docs prepared for delivery
21st June 2017 - Completed / 4-year Bachelor's

Thank you. But I have already applied through IQAS. My application has been in processing since June 24 (when they got all the required documents). I still haven't received any confirmation that my attestation has been done.

Any idea how much time IQAS takes to assess degree?

parikhviral

Aug 15, 2017
Hi,
Good to read info on this forum. Looking forward to some advise on my ECA issue. I have registered with WES and sent all the docs as per their requirements but they rejected mine because of the signature on my University transcripts. Basically University of Mumbai only gives the signature from the Director but they need it from the Controller of Examination or Registrar. I went back to Mumbai university 2 times but they refused saying that as per their process only Director will sign and WES has to take it. On the other hand WES will not budge from their requirements so i am not sure how to proceed. Has anyone faced such an issue in the past or recently ?